PDA

View Full Version : Calling those from the Land of Oz

slamdunkpro
11-02-2005, 04:47 PM
I need a good recipe for a real Australian Meat Pie, like the ones they sell in the Rocks in Sydney. A diplomat friend just brought me 2 cases of Crownes’ and I’m going through withdrawl.

Little help?

RRRRICK
11-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Dude I don't think many Aussies make meat pies from scratch anymore.

Maybe some rural outback types might but people in the city are busy sipping lattes.

Most of the stereotypes about Australians are not even remotely close to being true.

Sorry this Aussie cant help you with a meat pie recipe but I could send you an awesome recipe for Seafood risotto.

4_2_it
11-02-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe some rural outback types might but people in the city are busy sipping lattes.

Most of the stereotypes about Australians are not even remotely close to being true.

Sorry this Aussie cant help you with a meat pie recipe but I could send you an awesome recipe for Seafood risotto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they any recipes that make Vegemite edible?

RRRRICK
11-02-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

Vegemite is the single most disgusting food stuff on the planet. Just the smell of it is enough to make me gag.

My office is across the road from the factory which produces it and Thursday is Vegemite day.

Most Aussies would be horrified at these comments but I hate the stuff

slamdunkpro
11-02-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about that but I've had some great pies in Sydney, Cairns, Port Douglas, Darwin & Jaberu

Haven't made it to Melbourne yet, but it’s on the list

imitation
11-02-2005, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

Vegemite is the single most disgusting food stuff on the planet. Just the smell of it is enough to make me gag.

My office is across the road from the factory which produces it and Thursday is Vegemite day.

[/ QUOTE ]

First you claim most australians don't make meat pies then you don't like vegemite, i'm calling bullshit, you [censored] kiwi.

RRRRICK
11-02-2005, 08:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about that but I've had some great pies in Sydney, Cairns, Port Douglas, Darwin & Jaberu

Haven't made it to Melbourne yet, but it’s on the list

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can buy meat pies but I was referring to people making them at home

RRRRICK
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

First you claim most australians don't make meat pies then you don't like vegemite, i'm calling bullshit, you [censored] kiwi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mate why would you make a meat pie from scratch when you can go to any local bakery and buy a perfectly good one.

Oh by the way I think Australian Beer sux ass.