PDA

View Full Version : How else can I play this?

J. Stew
11-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Villain is fish, he cold calls too much, limps with big cards, suited or not, and fishes around.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, CO calls, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
SB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Villain could have either two cards that beat my flop TP but I don't know, he's loose. What's your river plan?

Final Pot: 7 BB

P.S. How do I clean this "[color=#CC3333]" up?

gharp
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
I'd bet-fold the river.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon man, just erase it.

sean c
11-02-2005, 04:33 PM
I think you pick off a bluff often enough on this type of board to call.

J. Stew
11-02-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
C'mon man, just erase it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the old converter /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MrWookie47
11-02-2005, 04:39 PM
When you convert your hand, choose the format as 2+2 instead of FTR. Checking this river is killing kittens.

beaster
11-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Checking that river is telling your opponent that you whiffed. Anyone paying attention will take a shot at scooping up that pot. Bet into him -- he might drop. If raised, fold.

J. Stew
11-02-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you convert your hand, choose the format as 2+2 instead of FTR. Checking this river is killing kittens.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno about killing em', maybe ramming their head into a wall though . . .

Fantam
11-02-2005, 04:50 PM
I am sorry, but I am not sure how you clean up your post.

Although you made top pair on the flop, your kicker was weak and the flop was coordinated with flush and straight draws possible.

Nonetheless with only 2 opponents in the hand and one of them checking to you, a flop bet made sense as it might have won the small pot right away.

The turn card was bad for you, after both your opponents called your flop bet, because the J /images/graemlins/club.gif was not only an overcard, but also completed a possible flush draw.

So, I would have preferred to check and fold to a bet on the turn. When both of your opponents called your flop bet it seemed more likely that they would be on draws than a weaker pair hand, and a draw was completed on the turn.

Another overcard on the river did not improve your chances of having the best hand. However after you bet the turn, check calling the river seems the best option as you are heads up, if you think that CO could have played a hand as weak as Ace high.

Edit: Betting the river is probably best, as it will not allow a weaker hand to check behind when your hand is best. Also unless your opponent has a much stronger hand than you, he will probably just call your bet. So betting gains you an extra bet those times your hand is best.

LoaferGee12
11-02-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry, but I am not sure how you clean up your post.

Although you made top pair on the flop, your kicker was weak and the flop was coordinated with flush and straight draws possible.

Nonetheless with only 2 opponents in the hand and one of them checking to you, a flop bet made sense as it might have won the small pot right away.

The turn card was bad for you, after both your opponents called your flop bet, because the J /images/graemlins/club.gif was not only an overcard, but also completed a possible flush draw.

So, I would have preferred to check and fold to a bet on the turn. When both of your opponents called your flop bet it seemed more likely that they would be on draws than a weaker pair hand, and a draw was completed on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad. There is no indication that your hand is beat and it's still relatively strong in this 3-way small pot.

LoaferGee12
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh and, bet that river. This villain is calling down with any piece of this board will never bluff-raise you here. You may think you're wasting a bet the times he has Q or J but he'd most likely bet this if you checked anyhow in which case you'd have to call.

Fantam
11-02-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is really bad. There is no indication that your hand is beat and it's still relatively strong in this 3-way small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx for the correction. I can now see that you have a reasonably good chance of still having the best hand on the turn in a 3-way pot.

J. Stew
11-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Nemo had AQo and found a Queen on the river, I think I like the bet/fold river line, thanks all.

shant
11-02-2005, 05:14 PM
By fish I assume he is a passive player? I don't think fish who limp big cards take shots at rivers here. I also don't see the value in betting the river because you don't even have a lot of 7x hands beat. I think against a passive fishy player you can check/fold the river. I've done this a couple times in the last few days and haven't felt that bad about it, so let me know if I'm wrong.

gharp
11-02-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By fish I assume he is a passive player? I don't think fish who limp big cards take shots at rivers here. I also don't see the value in betting the river because you don't even have a lot of 7x hands beat. I think against a passive fishy player you can check/fold the river. I've done this a couple times in the last few days and haven't felt that bad about it, so let me know if I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well if he's the type of passive fish who will call you down with a lower split pair, A or K-high, crappier pocket pairs, etc., then betting is better than check-calling (and there are a lot of players like this). By checking you allow him to check behind his garbage and value bet the stuff that beats you.

Check-folding is different -- you'd just have to know this guy never bluffs in order to take that line. There's probably players that fit that description too, so I guess you just take the line that works best for whoever you're up against. But I think there are more of the call-down-with-crap-and-occasionally-bluff guys than never-ever-bluff guys, so I like betting.