PDA

View Full Version : Odds to call?

soko
11-02-2005, 04:00 PM
On this turn can I expect to be good often enough to make up for the really horrible pot odds i'm getting? nothing is out of the oridinary, i don't expect him to have any worse than an ace here.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Nick C
11-02-2005, 04:06 PM
You're beating some aces. I think you can call down.

I would have bet the flop.

mowz
11-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Bet the flop, call down.

crazygoose
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Given your flop check (which is terrible) villain could be raising a lot here.

W. Deranged
11-02-2005, 05:35 PM
You really, really, really need to bet the flop here. This flop will generally have missed your opponent as well. Since you thought you had the best hand pre-flop, you probably have the best hand now, and betting is missing value. The free card you may get will usually help your opponent more than it will help you.

Given the weird flop line, you need to call down after the turn raise. Villain might be full of it or raising a lower A. Since he didn't raise pre-flop, I'm not worried about AQ or AK, and since he didn't bet the flop, I'm not that worried about a flush. I think in fact there are pretty good arguments for three-betting this turn.

My play would usually actually be to call the turn raise and donk-bet the river, calling a raise. I really don't want the river to check through.

MCS
11-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I agree that you should bet the flop. After that I think I play it the same as you. But then I'd feel dumb when I lost to a flush or some kind of wacky two-pair. If he has two non-ace pairs on the turn you have counterfeiting outs.

It's a very small pot when he raises you on the turn and he will probably bet the river if he has you beat. I think the case for folding the turn is weak, but it does exist. /images/graemlins/smile.gif