PDA

View Full Version : Saw something new today in trny

Buccaneer
11-02-2005, 03:42 PM
I usually play single table tourneys. I ran into something today at a low buy in multi table trny. It payed to 20 places and when the field got down to about 25 one of the three remaining tables began playing slow and using every second of the clock to make moves. I can see how you might do this to use the blinds to eliminate players but even the very short stacked players at this table were doing it. The play at this time was hand for hand. What is the advantage of this????

Also the 10 - 20 positions payed the same and the 9th and higher began to increase. I would think that that time delay junk would be more effective as you approached the 10th spot.

Does anyone care to explain to me what was going on?

schwza
11-02-2005, 03:43 PM
they probably did not know how hand for hand worked.

woodguy
11-02-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the advantage of this????

[/ QUOTE ]

They are trying to "sneak" into the $$$.

The advanatge is yours. Now you know they are happy just making the $$$, so raise PF at their blinds every time.

Since you they were doing it during h4h you also have the advanatage of knowing they are stupid as well as poor, and should use that information as well.

Regards,
Woodguy

11-02-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Since you they were doing it during h4h you also have the advanatage of knowing they are stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they probably did not know how hand for hand worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true in alot of cases. Some of the players on my table and me have to tell these people and they stop doing it since they realize it's no meaning to it.

Lloyd
11-02-2005, 04:43 PM
The only time I see this as a useful strategy is in turbo satellites. Even if it's hand for hand the blinds are getting so outrageous that it often makes sense to stall, get the blinds even hire, and essentially force what could even be a decent size stack (relative to the field) all-in when the blinds hit them.

Other than that, what Woodguy said.

11-02-2005, 04:43 PM
Stupid AND poor! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

SoloAJ
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Since you they were doing it during h4h you also have the advanatage of knowing they are stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

[/ QUOTE ]

La Brujita
11-02-2005, 05:18 PM
It is a key strategy in turbo multis on Party as well.

Buccaneer
11-02-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are trying to "sneak" into the $$$.

The advanatge is yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think that they were using the correct technique at the correct time. I am not that familiar with multi table but it made little sense to use it when they did. And by the way I did use this info and let them give me thier money with little resistance and I then took that nice little stack and sneaked myself into first place.

woodguy
11-02-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think that they were using the correct technique at the correct time. I am not that familiar with multi table but it made little sense to use it when they did. And by the way I did use this info and let them give me thier money with little resistance and I then took that nice little stack and sneaked myself into first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work.

I missed the situations that others mentioned, namely speed tourney's and turbo sat's. Other than these, its brutally bad to stall.

Regards,
Woodguy