PDA

View Full Version : Redundant odds? How else to use them??? (LC)

IbrakeFORrivers
11-02-2005, 03:05 PM
YOu know those odds they give like %% likeliness a player is likely to get AA when you get KK etc.?

HOw can you use them to factor in pot odds? In my opinion those stats are dumb except to needle in your face how unlucky you are! lol...

I'd think the real odds in that situation are "man he's re-raising my pocket KK's all in preflop... so that must mean if he does have AA, at worst, i'm a 8 to 2 dog... Is what's in that pot compared to his re-raise 8 to 2?" (worst case scenario).

DOes ANYONE use those odds i mentioned b4???

There's a subtle difference. One is the odds of catching the winner(s) when you KNOW you're the KK to AA underdog. THe other is the probability given that he will have AA when you have KK (more of a random stat).

Hope yuo understand. I'm not very clear... But please try to notice the intricate subtlety i try to convey...

SheetWise
11-02-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know those odds they give like %% likeliness a player is likely to get AA when you get KK etc.? How can you use them to factor in pot odds? In my opinion those stats are dumb except to needle in your face how unlucky you are! lol...

[/ QUOTE ]
Some of them are somewhat insignificant, but they're not dumb. It's not the numbers, it's how you process them and what other information you include in the mix as well as how you weight the information. Obviously, everyone does it a little differently.