PDA

View Full Version : The Classic HUSH

Megenoita
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
I've heard several references to old posts where Schneids, NateThaGreat, Stripsqueez, Ulysses, Peter_ etc. used to hash out HUSH concepts. I can't find them. I'm bad with computers, bad with searches, and I've been looking and looking to no avail. I would really appreciate if anyone can point me, specifically, to where tf they are.

Thanks a bunch,
M

Wynton
11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I assume people are referring to posts that can be located in the "older archives," which may be found on the left here.

But I wonder whether people can be any more specific: was "classic hush" occurring at any particular time period? One year ago? Two?

Megenoita
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
I perceived it as 2001-2002, not the "older archives" section on this site. When I look on there, all I find is Jim Briar along with guys I've never heard of.

sthief09
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
around 03/04-08/04

NLSoldier
11-02-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
around 03/04-08/04

[/ QUOTE ]

yep this is exactly right.

lastcoyote
11-02-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
around 03/04-08/04

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Good stuff. Thanks Josh and thanks for asking OP.

fyodor
11-02-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
around 03/04-08/04

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Good stuff. Thanks Josh and thanks for asking OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... please ignore all of my posts during that period. I was even dumber then, than I am now. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ChicagoTroy
11-02-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I perceived it as 2001-2002

[/ QUOTE ]

That predates most of the guys mentioned.

Wynton
11-02-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
around 03/04-08/04

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was the golden era, how will this era be remembered in the future? The Dark Ages, perhaps?

Might the post-split days augur in a renaissance?

Kuso
11-02-2005, 04:52 PM
any more tips on searching?

i can only find back to Nov 2004 on the archive server (pg. 113).

JohnnyHumongous
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
around 03/04-08/04

[/ QUOTE ]

If that was the golden era, how will this era be remembered in the future? The Dark Ages, perhaps?

Might the post-split days augur in a renaissance?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this... if certain concepts have been discussed by "the great posters" in the past, would rehashing them or repeating them be considered a great period of HUSH? Can we only be in a great period if we are adding new concepts and ideas at a high rate? Information is accumulated so are we losing it or regressing now?

Schneids
11-02-2005, 05:26 PM
The "golden era" of HUSH is being remembered too fondly -- this era is doing just fine.

joker122
11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
but i've been clinically depressed since nate stop posting.

Schneids
11-02-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can call Nate and make sure he's still alive and well if that'd help you any /images/graemlins/smile.gif

joker122
11-02-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can call Nate and make sure he's still alive and well if that'd help you any /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not really concerned with his well being. if he has to post from a wheel-chair that would be just fine, as long as he's posting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

seriously though, i would like to know what's he's up to these days. if you feel like calling him that would be cool.

rory
11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
www.baseballprospectus.com (http://www.baseballprospectus.com)

lastcoyote
11-02-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not really concerned with his well being. if he has to post from a wheel-chair that would be just fine, as long as he's posting /images/graemlins/smile.gif

seriously though, i would like to know what's he's up to these days. if you feel like calling him that would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this will have to do for the time being: link (http://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/?author=59)

Wynton
11-02-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The "golden era" of HUSH is being remembered too fondly -- this era is doing just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best news I've read around here in a while. I've been feeling like a kid listening to his grandparents talk about how everything has gone to hell.

bobbyi
11-02-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I perceived it as 2001-2002, not the "older archives" section on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]
The forum didn't even exist until 2002. I started reading twoplustwo in 2000/2001 (my sophomore year in college) and there was definitely no HUSH forum at that time.

EDIT: Forum was added 12/23/01 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=114061&page=) . I rule at using the Search.

11-02-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not really concerned with his well being. if he has to post from a wheel-chair that would be just fine, as long as he's posting....

[/ QUOTE ]
That should get him back into posting.

WOW! You must be an amazing sweet talker with the ladies.

11-02-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
YESSSSSSSS.

Ditto for Nikla. I think he'll like most of us in HUSH.

Megenoita
11-02-2005, 07:34 PM
Awesome guys, thanks.

joker122
11-02-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not really concerned with his well being. if he has to post from a wheel-chair that would be just fine, as long as he's posting....

[/ QUOTE ]
That should get him back into posting.

WOW! You must be an amazing sweet talker with the ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

i decided you're kidding here.

11-02-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i decided you're kidding here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Facetiousness at its best.

TStoneMBD
11-02-2005, 11:27 PM
on a side note, everyone thinks that HUSH needs to be divided into small stakes and high stakes. how about taking it a step further and making a HU/3handed forum? i think making a forum like that will encourage more HU posting.

Luv2DriveTT
11-02-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on a side note, everyone thinks that HUSH needs to be divided into small stakes and high stakes. how about taking it a step further and making a HU/3handed forum? i think making a forum like that will encourage more HU posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Already proposed, in person, to one of the key decision makers. I think thats the best idea if a split is discussed.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

DMBFan23
11-02-2005, 11:37 PM
schneids disagreed cause his HU match didnt get many replies, but whatever. as long as it's not *instead of* MH HUSH, *in addition to* would be cool.

DMBFan23
11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Already proposed, in person, to one of the key decision makers. I think thats the best idea if a split is discussed.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

if there's no MH HUSH because of this in person thing, I'm gonna be severely pissed, I hope I'm not the only one

brazilio
11-03-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really really like a HU/3-way forum as well.

tansoku
11-03-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd really really like a HU/3-way forum as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm just starting to play heads up regularly, and discussions about starting hands, typical opponent types, adjustments, interpreting stats, etc.. would be great.
Even better would be a means to post sessions for HU games that could be replayed. Seems to me that actually seeing how the villain was playing would go a long way toward well directed critique on situations.

bdk3clash
11-03-2005, 01:49 AM
One way I like to browse the archives is to search by name and include "-re:" (sans quotes) as the search term for subjects.

This shows all posts in the archive for a specific poster that don't include "re:" so it's mostly just threads that the user you're searching for started himself.

I think StellarWind came up with this.

Danenania
11-03-2005, 01:52 AM
Great idea.

TStoneMBD
11-03-2005, 12:45 PM
ive been doing that myself, i didnt know others were doing it as well