PDA

View Full Version : OT: ATTENTION EVERYONE, RE: MEGABET

citanul
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Recently the NA v EU tournament took place.

Many players had side bets on this tournament.

Side bets are fun. They make people happy, and are meant to be fun and make people happy. While side bets might not always be for huge amounts of money, the idea is that when you lose, you pay up.

Unfortunately in at least one case this has not happened. When someone doesn't pay up, something has to be done, because otherwise the integrity of the side bet system is destroyed, and the forum is then not considered a safe place to enter in to friendly, fun, activities.

The poster Megabet, who has of late been increasing in douchebagginess, has welched on his side bet with RDuke55. He has repeatedly even claimed to have paid the bet when he has not in fact done so. Below is a thread of email from RDuke's hotmail account, in reverse chronological order.

It is my advice to the members of the forum based on this chain of events that you not associate in any financial way with the poster Megabet.

That is all for now.

citanul

------------------------------------

Hello xxxxxxx,

You are very welcome, any time you need assistance do not hesitate to write
us back.

Regards,

Marilina
PokerStars Support Team

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 2005/11/01 16:50:11
To: support@pokerstars.com
Subject: RE: transfer

OK, thank you.

To: xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:37:52 -0500

Hello xxxxxxx,

You're welcome, but I am sorry we cannot help you out on sending the other
player the email we replied to you. Please contact him yourself.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Marilina
PokerStars Support Team

Sent: 2005/11/01 16:28:14

OK, thank you.
Can I ask one more favor?
Can you foward the email you just sent me saying there was no transfer
to
player Durron597?

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 16:22:53 -0500

Hello xxxxxxx,

Thank you for writing.

I have checked your account, our records show that you have not
received
any money transfers.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Regards,

Marilina
PokerStars Support Team

Sent: 2005/11/01 16:08:31

Hello again.
I was wondering if you could check if I received a $22 transfer from
player
TRex28 in the past month. I cannot seem to find it.
Cheers
(RDuke55)

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:50:55 -0400

Hello xxxxxxx,

When players receive a money transfer, they get an email
notification.
If
you have not received this transfer, I suggest you to contact this
player
directly to find out.

If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us
as
we
will gladly assist you 24/7.

Regards,

William
PokerStars Support Team

Sent: 2005/10/25 19:13:41
Subject: transfer

Hi,
Another player was supposed to transfer $22 to my account. He
said
he
did
it
but I don't see it in my account. Would I receive an email if he
did
it?
How can I check this?
Cheers

bigt439
11-02-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm shocked. Megabet seemed like such a great guy... oh, wait...

valenzuela
11-02-2005, 01:08 PM
he is on my ignore list.

Freudian
11-02-2005, 01:10 PM
I would never get into financial transactions of any kind over the internet unless the other person was within travel-and-punch range. And even then I wouldn't be arsed to to it 99 times out of 100.

pooh74
11-02-2005, 01:11 PM
EVeryone should let him explain himself before they hang him. It is highly suspect that someone would ruin their rep for a measly 22 bucks. Let him explain what happened before you ignore him etc...

citanul
11-02-2005, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EVeryone should let him explain himself before they hang him. It is highly suspect that someone would ruin their rep for a measly 22 bucks. Let him explain what happened before you ignore him etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I eagerly await the explaination, as so far it has been "I sent you the money, liar."

citanul

inyaface
11-02-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm shocked. Megabet seemed like such a great( Insert expletive of choice )

[/ QUOTE ]
or tool...yeh tool sounds good

GauchoFish
11-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Just pay him you douche bag /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GauchoFish

citanul
11-02-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish

[/ QUOTE ]

PWNED!!!

c

sng-sam
11-02-2005, 01:37 PM
OMG the prodigal Fish returns..

NH sir

pooh74
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...n1

DeathbySuckout
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish

[/ QUOTE ]

OH SNAP!
nice work

The Yugoslavian
11-02-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

Yugoslav
Who can't believe someone would make a wager with MegaStanzee...

GtrHtr
11-02-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the funniest post in the past month. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pergesu
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely the funniest post I've read in a while, and the first one I can remember making me laugh /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karak567
11-02-2005, 02:05 PM
He defaulted on a sidebet of only 22 bucks?

Come on.

junkmail3
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

$55 is easier to pay than $22.

Indiana
11-02-2005, 02:08 PM
There are many things that I do that are wrong, but one thing I will never do is dishonor a bet. Pay this guy Mega and never do this again. I make many side bets on stars and players have come to trust me so much that they transfer me the $$ up front to act as bookie for dispersement. I would never do anything to tarnish my rep, but then again I do love the game more than most.

Indy

citanul
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not on stars, on stars you can send any amount.

c

ForumBot
11-02-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GauchoFish

[/ QUOTE ]

STTFU - "Degen" You're outa your element /images/graemlins/blush.gif

microbet
11-02-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't paid a lot of attention, I don't really care about the issue, and there is no reason why anyone should give a rat's arse what I think, but I'm reserving judgement as well.

As far as I can tell, it could still be an honest mistake, a careless mistake, a slander campaign, or a welching.

Indiana
11-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Well,

He's a regular poster here on this forum. He should give an explanation shortly if he made an honest mistake. OTW we can assume that he is screwing this guy.

Indy

pooh74
11-02-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't paid a lot of attention, I don't really care about the issue, and there is no reason why anyone should give a rat's arse what I think, but I'm reserving judgement as well.

As far as I can tell, it could still be an honest mistake, a careless mistake, a slander campaign, or a welching.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, i really hardly care, but the little I do care I guess has more to do with me. "Me" being that I would want the same benefit of the doubt from others...even from an online poker forum.

junkmail3
11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Come on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not on stars, on stars you can send any amount.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

See reference (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=singletable&Number=357754 8&Searchpage=1&Main=3577500&Words=%2B55+%2B33+Mega Bet&topic=&Search=true#Post3577548).

Rduke55
11-02-2005, 02:39 PM
It clearly was not a mistake.
I PMed him the day after the tournament to see if he needed my email or anything to transfer. He didn't respond. A couple of days later I sent an email stating I didn't receive payment. After no response to that one or any other one I started this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3771276&page=0&fpart=all &vc=1) to chide him into paying.
Surprisingly he got pissed and in his Megabet way started telling everyone how much he made and - and this is where the problems started - claimed that he paid (of course, b/c he makes soooo much money) and that I was a liar. Once Durron asked for proof (because I'll admit, our whiny little argument was hijacking threads - but it pissed me off that he's bragging that he makes 8K a month, he's a high roller, etc. and he's welching on a crummy $22.) I finally got a PM from him that said Get a F**king Life and yelling about how I'm sad that I'm making a fuss over $22 which he spends more than that in gas per day. He did not say he paid me in the PM which would have been anyone reasonable's first response to check with the person privately before their good name was sullied.
Both Durron597 and citanul received proof that I never received payment.

And anyone who thinks that it's no big deal b/c it's only $22 is missing the point entirely.

pooh74
11-02-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And anyone who thinks that it's no big deal b/c it's only $22 is missing the point entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that...in fact, the smaller the amount, the bigger deal it is in my mind (being that it is simply a welch and not an issue of being ABLE to pay...a simple welch being the worse of the two in my mind).

I didnt pay attention to the other thread(s) that much, sorry, wasnt accusing you of lying obviously.

11-02-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The poster Megabet, who has of late been increasing in douchebagginess, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well put. I've been thinking the same thing lately, glad I'm not the only one.

Rduke55
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that...in fact, the smaller the amount, the bigger deal it is in my mind (being that it is simply a welch and not an issue of being ABLE to pay...a simple welch being the worse of the two in my mind).

I didnt pay attention to the other thread(s) that much, sorry, wasnt accusing you of lying obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't mean to insinuate that you did. Just pre-empting.
And yes, if he just couldn't pay that wouldn't be that bad. But welching and lying about it (and trying to impugn my name) while bragging about how much money he's making is deplorable.

skipperbob
11-02-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree w/"OP"....I, too, have followed the various exchanges between the posters....The evidence is fairly clear to me;..Rduke55 had a sidebet w/ MegaBet..Rduke55 won.
MegaBet didn't pay....MegaBet is scum...End of story

Arnfinn Madsen
11-02-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't like to publicly comment on other players in a negative way, but since he hasn't cleared this up, I will say what I have thought all the time: He is a bad player, and has problem admiting it (I am a fish at no limit, but I managed to outplay him on quite many hands and his berating/ excuses led me privately to this conclusion prior to this money-mess). Whining that much about a bad beat enforced my "suspicion"; as mainly just bad, losing players whine to that degree about bad beats (if only I had not been unlucky, I would be a winning player ......).

To speculate further, his denial of lack of ability, or lack of money makes him not pay.

Disclaimer: I am concluding on a too small sample size, but my 6th sense is very clear on this one.

Wes ManTooth
11-02-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the actual amount should not be the issue, big or small, its the issue at hand which should not have made it to something like this...

this thread is unfortunate for many reasons.

kyro
11-02-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I eagerly await the explaination, as so far it has been "I sent you the money, liar."

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

omg you people. You actually expect payment? HAS ANYBODY BEEN READING THIS GUY'S POSTS????

This guy is a troll, plain and simple. And a great one at that. Where stanzee is obvious, over the top, MegaBet has somehow conned 95% of this board into thinking that he is for real. I am shocked that certain moderators haven't kicked his ass out the door yet. He has not provided one useful piece of information in 2 months. Every post is,

"Well, if you were as good as me"

or

"I make $x per day so stop talking."

Honestly, it's disgusting. Rduke, I'm sorry you made the bet, but let's just drop it. You are NOT getting your money back, no matter how much citanul tries to "out" him on the forum. The guy doesn't give a rat's ass. He's a troll, plain and simple. And a great way to prove this, watch for when he doesn't show up to Indy's stupid little HU matches. OMG I cannot believe the idiocy on this board!

Exitonly
11-02-2005, 03:04 PM
the bad beat he was whining about (in the NAvsEU) wasn't that bad.. at all

Rduke55
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rduke, I'm sorry you made the bet, but let's just drop it. You are NOT getting your money back, no matter how much citanul tries to "out" him on the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't planned on getting the money for a while. My main concerns were that he was trying to make me look like the shady one and that he did seem to garner some respect from other people on the forums.
I just wanted to make sure him being a jerk didn't make me look awful (or more awful, considering the immaturity I handled a lot of this with) and that people realized what an ass he was being.
I didn't drop it earlier because welching is terrible and I felt that it needed to be put out there but he kept rebutting saying I was the one lying.

Arnfinn Madsen
11-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Yes, a good player would just eat some candy for comfort and go on winning /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

skipperbob
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he doesn't show up to Indy's stupid little HU matches.

[/ QUOTE ]...I'm playing Indy in his "stupid" little HU match on Thur.night...Does that mean that I'm a "stupid little HU player"? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

valenzuela
11-02-2005, 03:08 PM
yes, watchout though he will probabbly have a straight when u have two pairs. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

pooh74
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HAS ANYBODY BEEN READING THIS GUY'S POSTS????

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess not. FWIW, I am very gullible.

splashpot
11-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Yea, I realized this guy was a tool a while ago. He replied EVERY one of stanzee's posts. But now he makes stanzee look like a freaking saint. I'd easily take stanzee over megabet now. GO STANZEE!!

citanul
11-02-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg you people. You actually expect payment? HAS ANYBODY BEEN READING THIS GUY'S POSTS????

This guy is a troll, plain and simple. And a great one at that. Where stanzee is obvious, over the top, MegaBet has somehow conned 95% of this board into thinking that he is for real. I am shocked that certain moderators haven't kicked his ass out the door yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm going to give him a while to respond to this thread, and then i'm most likely going to ban him. that's the plan at least.

c

se2schul
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HAS ANYBODY BEEN READING THIS GUY'S POSTS????

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess not. FWIW, I am very gullible.

[/ QUOTE ]

From day one I thought he was a troll based solely on his name (seems like a ripoff of Giga's name).

Since then, I've found that many of Mega's posts where he's not offering hand advice remind me of Stanzee where Mega is extolling us about how great a card player he is.

Anyway, whether the guy is nice or a nimrod, and whether the bet is $1000 or $1, it needs to be paid as a matter of principle.

Mega: Since you did pay, it should be easy to take a screen shot of your cashier's window showing the transfer to rduke, or provide email evidence of payment (kinda like rduke did).

Also, go back to giving out hand advice and stop telling us how much money you make.

good2cu
11-02-2005, 03:34 PM
go cit.

1C5
11-02-2005, 03:34 PM
What a loser.

HighestCard
11-02-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I realized this guy was a tool a while ago. He replied EVERY one of stanzee's posts. But now he makes stanzee look like a freaking saint. I'd easily take stanzee over megabet now. GO STANZEE!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Pure guessing but:

I think Megabet IS stanzee.

The facts show:
Both are from england.
Megabet replied to alot of stanzee's threads.

I think anybody who has enough time on their hands to make a gimmick account like stanzee, would have the gull to reply to their own thread under a diffrent alias.

My opinion is, of course, pure speculation.

HC

Edit: I've also noticed this too...
[ QUOTE ]
Since then, I've found that many of Mega's posts where he's not offering hand advice remind me of Stanzee where Mega is extolling us about how great a card player he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

splashpot
11-02-2005, 03:37 PM
He's reading the forum right now. He responded to Indiana's thread a couple of posts down. He must have seen this one.

Jbrochu
11-02-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, he's been showing up and playing the Trout games regularly so I think it was reasonable to expect he would pay off on a last longer bet.

microbet
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
I should have stayed out of it.

Nicholasp27
11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
now ur the 2nd biggest bet around!

SuitedSixes
11-02-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

Good times.

microbet
11-02-2005, 03:56 PM
My name is a ripoff of Giga's.

11-02-2005, 04:02 PM
so if mega doesnt pay, I guess it is acceptable to move farther down the bet chain, till we get justice?

Micro... get ready to cough it up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

11-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Anyone wanna bet me $22 (1:1) that Megabet posts again on this forum in the next month (starting from time of bet)? PM me.

se2schul
11-02-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the reason I'm picking on his name and not yours is that your posts don't smack of arrogance and annoy me like his do.

Also, your name is funny and it doesn't look as though you're looking to upstage someone.
PicoBet would be a good name too IMO.

The Yugoslavian
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the reason I'm picking on his name and not yours is that your posts don't smack of arrogance and annoy me like his do.

Also, your name is funny and it doesn't look as though you're looking to upstage someone.
PicoBet would be a good name too IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that this is an issue or has come up recently or at all but I will vouch for Microbet.

He's a good guy and pays for the best lobster bisque I've ever had!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yugoslav
Who is now available for pms, annoying (*looks at forumbot*) and otherwise...

microbet
11-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Oh no! Yugo has vouched for me. My reputation is shot!

jk, of course.

As a side note, I picked my nick with very little thought as I in no way anticipated becoming the forum junkie that I have become.