PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with KK

11-02-2005, 08:36 AM
http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=159081

No reads. The turn bet just seemed to me like its a PP or flushdraw too many times to make this fold a good one.

So tell me, how badly am I off?

11-02-2005, 08:58 AM
even tho blinds are only 10/15 i like making it 70/80 preflop instead of 45.

After he called the flop bet you still have over 500, enough to forget this hand and move on. Its true that sometimes they will have a flush draw, but i dont think they will enough times to offset when they have any ace.

since you only made it 45 preflop i think 75 on the flop would have been good. then check fold unless you have some crazy read.

Its so early. why commit to that hand, especially after the ace fell.

11-02-2005, 09:08 AM
its that second ace that made me call, another card on turn and I fold fast. another ace = less chance of him holding one, and it makes alot of sense for him to have a pocket pair. am I wrong on this?

mosdef
11-02-2005, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
its that second ace that made me call, another card on turn and I fold fast. another ace = less chance of him holding one, and it makes alot of sense for him to have a pocket pair. am I wrong on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thinking isnt' wrong, per se. That is, he COULD have a pocket pair. Unfortunately for you his betting is also consistent with Ax. Suppose that you KNOW that he has either a pocket pair or Ax. Even with two aces on the board, the number of Ax holdings he could have exceeds the number of smaller pocket pairs he could have (88-60 if I counted right, you should verify that I haven't messed that up). So roughly speaking your options are:

1. Call with roughly a 40% chance of winning getting 2-1, but 60% of the time you are out of the tourney.

2. Fold and continue with 475 chips.

This seems like a bad, bad situation for level 1. I am more comfortable continuing with 475 chips since its only level one. I am not a big fan of the 60% chance of busting in level 1.

A way to avoid this situation is to check-fold the flop, which is a little weak, or better yet lead the flop with a smaller bet (65-75) so that you can drop the hand and continue with a healthier stack when you get called or raised.