PDA

View Full Version : information.

sisyphus
11-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Could someone please devise a text book check list for what information is required to give a good read...that could be gleaned from playing for 4 hrs or so...so that when people post, they can give as much information as they have to make the post more pertinent, inciteful, subjective. Does the information for the read come purely from players image. An example checklist would be;
1)Image
loose/tight?
passive aggressive?
2) is villain playing more than one table (if so how many)
3) How long do we know that villain has been playing
4) has he been prone to any short term tilt
etc.etc.- this may seem like a complete waste of time but....what i am basically getting at is....if you had too play against or judge the play of a complete unknown, yet were presented a dossier on his play for the last 4 hrs (essentially what everyone reading a post is required to assimilate), what would all the useful information be, to provide a good read, and could it be given in order of importance.
Once people have a template with which to check off all the information they have for a read, they could then go ahead and provide it, clearly and concisely (unlike this post! am really struggling toget across what i mean!!)

nb. For the sake of posting, just the most important reads would be relevant.
However, i think a completely exhaustive list would be quite an interesting exercise, if not a little ridiculous!

xorbie
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Checklist:

What hands will he lead into PFR with? Does he ever lead into PFR? How does he play his draws in position? OOP? What sort of hands does he checkraise? Will he bet into weakness? Will he get agressive in the face of agression, or will he get passive and call down? etc.

sisyphus
11-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Brilliant, thanks...once i know what to look for, it becomes clearer. I would love it if you could keep going and elucidate on the etc....
May seem a bit banal, but i'd love to compile an almost exhaustive checklist