PDA

View Full Version : East Coast (NYC) Crimson challenge

Pages : [1] 2

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 06:52 AM
I'm willing to be the guinea pig, pretty much same standards as crimson $500 and I try just about anything that won't kill me or someone near by.

I can get Sfer,boomboom, or Evan to record/verify.

Let's start shooting out some ideas. I want a plasma screen TV.

sthief09
11-02-2005, 07:12 AM
I'd do something but it would be on a much smaller (and more pussyish) scale than your military ass. I will do something involving drinking a lot of beer or liquor in a short period of time though. I can eat a yodel in like 3 seconds because apparently I have no gag reflex. there are two things I won't do: pain and eating something that is really unhealthy, like 4 sticks of butter

I'd donate to your fund

Vavavoom
11-02-2005, 07:14 AM
What about insects.....Some of them have nutritional value...

diebitter
11-02-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....apparently I have no gag reflex...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that does raise a few possibilities...

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Previous accomplishments: (for the resume)

1LB of beef in 7 mins, no puking for 30. Mind you this is raw beef.

Eaten StarWars a New Hope soundtrack (the record broken up into pieces)

Swimming the Eric Canal widthwise naked.

Beer Bong a bottle of Bacardi Orange (That stuff is horrid)

Cliff Jumping

So something new along those lines should work. Hopefully "The Daver" will have an idea.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 07:24 AM
I'm open to negotiation.

sthief09
11-02-2005, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about insects.....Some of them have nutritional value...

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to be a lot better at this stuff when I desparately craved attention in HS. I'd do just about anything. my "friends" actually used to follow me around with a video camera at nights and just tell me stupid things to do and I'd do them. I almost got a kid to drink a gatorade bottle filled with piss until he smelled it. it was a pretty good combination of having no self confidence and idolizing johnny knoxville

I still like attention though, so I'll be willing to do some stuff. bugs I'd probably do. I don't really care about the money. I'd rather do something that doesn't make me want to die unless I'm extremely drunk.

I will take a quintuple shot of jack or jager for free if I get to keep the rest of the bottle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sthief09
11-02-2005, 07:30 AM
you funneled an entire fifth of bacardi o?

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Yea, we crashed some frat in MD and these guys were talking about how military guys couldn't hang, that after a six pack they just got stupid. So one of my friends stepped up to bong a 6 pack, and I of course had to top that.

Yea most my claims to fame were in HS as well, but I'm feeling old these days and maybe I can recapture my youth by eating live hissing beetles or something.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 07:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will take a quintuple shot of jack or jager for free if I get to keep the rest of the bottle

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get boom boom to take a quintuple shot of jack I'll give you the rest of the bottle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If the butter hotsauce option is still on I think we should "represent" east coast. I'll take the hotsauce if you do the butter.

bawcerelli
11-02-2005, 08:15 AM
I'd like to see you eat a half pound of dirt in 10 minutes.

Bubu
11-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Can you snort wasabi powder ?

TheMetetron
11-02-2005, 08:41 AM
This could be interesting.

I'm actually kind of amazed at the broken record thing.

At least this guy has credentials unlike the puking pansy we had here on the west coast.

Paluka
11-02-2005, 08:46 AM
How about 5 pounds of skittles in 30 minutes?

wacki
11-02-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
$500 and I try just about anything that won't kill me or someone near by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Breast implants. Normally I would say C cup or better, but judging by your avatar we need to get you a D cup.

xadrez
11-02-2005, 09:53 AM
How about drinking a liter of water dredged from the Gowanus canal?

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will take a quintuple shot of jack or jager for free if I get to keep the rest of the bottle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

pussy; I up it to 6.

Edit: How obvious is it that I have no idea what the right term for 6 is, sextaple?

StevieG
11-02-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually kind of amazed at the broken record thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is more impressive than any challenge listed

Shajen
11-02-2005, 10:26 AM
drinking a big glass of liquor isn't really much of a challenge.

the raw ground beef sounds like a tough one.

sfer
11-02-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame. The Daver has basically done this with a side of frites and a frisee salad to start. The Daver calls this tartare.

sfer
11-02-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$500 and I try just about anything that won't kill me or someone near by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Breast implants. Normally I would say C cup or better, but judging by your avatar we need to get you a D cup.

[/ QUOTE ]

The avatar isn't RustedCorpse. The picture is one of the most degenerate gambler dealers in NYC, which is saying a lot.

mslif
11-02-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lame. The Daver has basically done this with a side of frites and a frisee salad to start. The Daver calls this tartare.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing. Add some capers on the meat and you have quite a meal

gulebjorn
11-02-2005, 11:11 AM
You think a "crimson challenge" might become widely accepted slang for "doing stupid [censored] for money"? That would be cool.

That said, I still think one of the next challenges should be to get a tattoo, the content of which would be decided by OOT.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 11:27 AM
I would definitely show up to this. I wouldn't do too much, but I would do the milk challenge. I would also chip in $$. But no dirt eating for me.

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would definitely show up to this. I wouldn't do too much, but I would do the milk challenge. I would also chip in $$. But no dirt eating for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do some sort of White Castle eating challenge. Hell I may just do one for the fun of it.

sfer
11-02-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to be the guinea pig, pretty much same standards as crimson $500 and I try just about anything that won't kill me or someone near by.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two dozen hardboiled eggs in some limited timespan sounds like a decent one.

BottlesOf
11-02-2005, 11:48 AM
No way could you eat 1 lb. of raw ground beef in 7 minutes and not puke for 30 afterward.

Evan
11-02-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I say we go Cool Hand Luke style and make it 50.

sfer
11-02-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No way could you eat 1 lb. of raw ground beef in 7 minutes and not puke for 30 afterward.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steak tartare? I'll eat a pound of steak tartare at Les Halles if the price is right. No videotaping.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Steak tartare? I'll eat a pound of steak tartare at Les Halles if the price is right. No videotaping.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I ate about a half pound of steak tartare at Les Halles last night PLUS fries, some salad, and a couple glasses of wine, and I actually PAID money to do it!

jakethebake
11-02-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
WTF? I ate about a half pound of steak tartare at Les Halles last night PLUS fries, some salad, and a couple glasses of wine, and I actually PAID money to do it!

[/ QUOTE ]

glads you're feeling better, El D. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

sfer
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. WTF is that JBB is fairly retarded when it comes to food matters and this would, obviously, be easy money.

Wait, where were you sitting last night? I was there too, but was done before 8. Are you following me?

BottlesOf
11-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Whoa how did u get that into an avatar?

xadrez
11-02-2005, 12:17 PM
I could eat a crapload of those habanero stuffed olives from fairway. Not sure if that is considered "manly" or not.

asofel
11-02-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard Stuey?

Evan
11-02-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard Stuey?

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I was at the one downtown.

sfer
11-02-2005, 12:56 PM
How about some variation of 2 pounds of raw bacon are attached to someone's pants and they have to lie still in the Washington Square dog run for 30 minutes.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Guys. Let's pick a date. We already have multiple offers of challenges in NYC. Please provide feedback on your favorite challenges as listed here by Rusted Corpse and in the CC2 thread by the other New Yorkers.

Also, Rusted Corpse and other New Yorkers, what dates work? This weekend?

Emmitt2222
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
OK, here is my idea

First, it would be good for me to do some sort of eating challenge, as this will make my second challenge more interesting. I will do butter/gefilte/hardboiled-eggs. Maybe hardboiled eggs would be best so I have a little theme going.

The second challenge is the interesting one. It's like the getting whipped with a belt, but alot better. Basically, I get eggs chucked at my back/stomach as hard as someone can. The person will stand 10-15 feet away [not on top of me, but close enough to not miss] and just throw as hard as they want. Now I thought it would be cool to get everyone more involved by proposing this:
Adopt and egg-
I will do as many as one dozen eggs if I can stand it. You guys can pay for an individual egg that will hit me. If you bid for an egg, you get to have whatever you want written on it [it could be shown to the camera], get to choose where you want it thrown [back/stomach with stomach people hopefully pledging more], and finally if the other people present agree you get to pick which poster you want to throw it at me. First 12 or 12 highest bidders.

Does this sound entertaining/awesome or just dumb?

sfer
11-02-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, here is my idea

First, it would be good for me to do some sort of eating challenge, as this will make my second challenge more interesting. I will do butter/gefilte/hardboiled-eggs. Maybe hardboiled eggs would be best so I have a little theme going.

The second challenge is the interesting one. It's like the getting whipped with a belt, but alot better. Basically, I get eggs chucked at my back/stomach as hard as someone can. The person will stand 10-15 feet away [not on top of me, but close enough to not miss] and just throw as hard as they want. Now I thought it would be cool to get everyone more involved by proposing this:
Adopt and egg-
I will do as many as one dozen eggs if I can stand it. You guys can pay for an individual egg that will hit me. If you bid for an egg, you get to have whatever you want written on it [it could be shown to the camera], get to choose where you want it thrown [back/stomach with stomach people hopefully pledging more], and finally if the other people present agree you get to pick which poster you want to throw it at me. First 12 or 12 highest bidders.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we let you get 3-4 items for padding and change "eggs" to "footballs" and this might be a go.

Diplomat
11-02-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"My boy Luke could..."

Ahhh, nevermind.

-Diplomat

BottlesOf
11-02-2005, 01:09 PM
You're both wrong. I don't know when this became steak tartare, but it's grocery store ground beef. 1 lb. no seasoning or additives, 7 minutes. I'll pay you Dave if you do it.

Edit: Upon further reflection, a lb. may not be as much as I thought it was. I'd still pay you for this feat though. As for meeting your $1500 requirement, I don't know if we can rally the support.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, here is my idea

Adopt and egg-

[/ QUOTE ]

Emmitt, I am accepting your offers for the following challenges:

1) Butter-eating - nothing for one stick, $25 for two, $50 for three, $100 for four.
2) Hard-boiled egg eating - dozen, two dozen, fifty [time limit and pricing tiers to be determined]
3) Whipped by belt - $10/per lash up to 10. Those present can contribute more, of course.
4) Pelted by eggs $20/per up to 5. Those present can contribute more, of course.

Logistics and details to be determined in this thread. As in all Crimson Challenges, "angles" are not permitted and I will judge level of completion and award upon video review.

Guys, let's get a date proposed for NYC challenge.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd donate to your fund

[/ QUOTE ]

Please reply to the pledge post in the Crimson Challenge thread.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will take a quintuple shot of jack or jager for free if I get to keep the rest of the bottle

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get boom boom to take a quintuple shot of jack I'll give you the rest of the bottle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If the butter hotsauce option is still on I think we should "represent" east coast. I'll take the hotsauce if you do the butter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hotsauce is still open, corpse. Please review the other thread and let me know which others you'd be willing to do.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
how does sunday late afternoon/night work for people? i have plans for saturday night and next weekend. i have something to do early saturday, but friday could be accommodated.

alex i'll take the milk challenge for 200. i'll contribute $$ for prizes/eggs/etc, lets get this rolling.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do some sort of White Castle eating challenge. Hell I may just do one for the fun of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Approved. How many can you eat?

gulebjorn
11-02-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The second challenge is the interesting one. It's like the getting whipped with a belt, but alot better. Basically, I get eggs chucked at my back/stomach as hard as someone can. The person will stand 10-15 feet away [not on top of me, but close enough to not miss] and just throw as hard as they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, I'd let you throw eggs at me all day long for as little as a buck a piece.

Make it frozen eggs, and we have a challenge.

Evan
11-02-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how does sunday late afternoon/night work for people?

[/ QUOTE ]
Fine for me. I IM'd RustedCorpse and told him to get back to this thread but he hasn't responded yet. I think he died while practicing the Bacardi O trick.

samjjones
11-02-2005, 01:30 PM
How about snowballs when the weather cooperates?

citanul
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
el d, are you in nyc these days?

i'm out of town the next few weekends, but weekdays i'm good to go and laugh my ass off at people.

c

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. How many do they have?

Edit: I just want white castle, no need to pay me to eat them.

Edit II: I would take you up on the drinking challenge you so drunkenly proposed.

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How about snowballs

[/ QUOTE ]

whoah whoah....

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i'm out of town the next few weekends, but weekdays i'm good to go and laugh my ass off at people.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

weekdays work great for me all around. citanul i would be interested in just meeting you and curtains and whoever in person at some anyway, pm me if youre interested.

Evan
11-02-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, here is my idea

Adopt and egg-

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Butter-eating - nothing for one stick, $25 for two, $50 for three, $100 for four.
2) Hard-boiled egg eating - dozen, two dozen, fifty [time limit and pricing tiers to be determined]
3) Whipped by belt - $10/per lash up to 10. Those present can contribute more, of course.
4) Pelted by eggs $20/per up to 5. Those present can contribute more, of course.

Logistics and details to be determined in this thread. As in all Crimson Challenges, "angles" are not permitted and I will judge level of completion and award upon video review.

[/ QUOTE ]

The belt whipping and egg throwing challenges seem really stupid to me. For one thing, I doubt that the people doing the whipping nad throwing are going to continue to go full speed once they see the obvious pain you're in (which belt whips would certainly inflict). Also, it's not going to be that much fun to see a guy just keeling over in pain while getting hit/whipped. I know Diablo is sort of in charge of these things, but I'd like to submit my vote against these two challenges.

I fully support the butter and the eggs (although I'd kind of like to reserve teh eggs for Rusted Corpse if he's willing to do them).

Evan
11-02-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

weekdays work great for me all around. citanul i would be interested in just meeting you and curtains and whoever in person at some anyway, pm me if youre interested.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can do weekdays. I'll even skip classes if I need to.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OK, here is my idea

Adopt and egg-

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Due to vast undercutting and ridicule of challenge, egg challenge offer may be cancelled. The others still definitely stand.

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 01:40 PM
As I said in the other threads. I am willing to do the butter, and possibly some others. I'm also up for some sort of contest, like white castle eating and such. I would also pwn any of you in a drinking contest. Weekday evenings are generally good for me, except sometimes fridays, weekends are also ok.

What do you think about doing this in Madison Square Park, since they have all the tables set up. I also thought Union Square, but we might atract too much unwanted attention there. (Plus at MSP we can hit up shake shack!)

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit II: I would take you up on the drinking challenge you so drunkenly proposed.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you man up and propose an outrageous number of White Castles, then man up and actually do it?

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you man up and propose an outrageous number of White Castles, then man up and actually do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke too soon. You got me, I realized I don't want to ruin my love for white castle for some mere pittance.

Evan
11-02-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I spoke too soon. You got me, I realized I don't want to ruin my love for white castle for some mere pittance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow man, just wow. Are you seriously going to retract your offer? Wow, I thought you were better than that.

Evan
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As I said in the other threads. I am willing to do the butter, and possibly some others. I'm also up for some sort of contest, like white castle eating and such. I would also pwn any of you in a drinking contest. Weekday evenings are generally good for me, except sometimes fridays, weekends are also ok.

What do you think about doing this in Madison Square Park, since they have all the tables set up. I also thought Union Square, but we might atract too much unwanted attention there. (Plus at MSP we can hit up shake shack!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Pick a date and I'll be there. BTW, if you still want to eat burgers after your challenge I'm pretty sure it wasn't ahrd enough and you should have done more.

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow man, just wow. Are you seriously going to retract your offer? Wow, I thought you were better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, fine, 10,000 bucks for 100 white castles.

Seriously, thats what it would take. I can't eat Quiznos anymore because of something similar, I really don't want to take this kind of chance.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 01:51 PM
RustedCorpse: Willing to do lots of stuff. Rusted, please review this thread and the CC2 thread and respond w/ which you are willing to do. Also, please clarify what form of raw beef you are willing to eat. CURRENTLY HAVE ACCEPTED RUSTED CORPSE FOR HOT SAUCE CHALLENGE.

Josh.: Willing to do some lame challenges. Please pick or suggest something good, Josh. Lots of bugs is a good one.

Voltron87: Milk challenge. I will be willing to accept this one for $100. Interested?

MattSuspect: White-castle eating. Perhaps contest w/ Tony Paladino? Propose a minimum number to qualify, then we do eating contest.

Emmitt2222: HARD-BOILED EGG EATING ACCEPTED. BELT-WHIPPING ACCEPTED. BUTTER CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (IF MULTIPLE ARE INTERESTED IN THIS, IT WILL BECOME BUTTER CONTEST)

Tony Paladino: Willing to do multiple challenges. I will accept butter challenge (or contest), white castle eating contest v. Matty. anchovies, soy sauce, and raw onions - please propose $ amts, Tony.

Location of Madison Square Park sounds good, though I wonder if you might want to do this in a not-so-public place, like someone's roof deck or something.

Evan or Daver or someone, please step up and volunteer as coordinator here (who gets various supplies, time/date, location, etc.)

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, thats what it would take. I can't eat Quiznos anymore because of something similar, I really don't want to take this kind of chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

weak sauce. if you arent willing to do it shouldnt have said all the "please, just bring all the burgers you can find". you know this. step up with another food, youve got to rally here.

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

weak sauce. if you arent willing to do it shouldnt have said all the "please, just bring all the burgers you can find". you know this. step up with another food, youve got to rally here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I clarified. But serious, not to sound like a jerk, but basically I am copping out because the amount of money is insignificant to the point where it wouldn't warrant me being the least bit uncomfortable. I said I made a mistake, I shouldn't have manned up. I'll do my best to make it up somehow.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I said I made a mistake, I shouldn't have manned up. I'll do my best to make it up somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good resolution. just do a different challenge and all will be well.

sfer
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I clarified. But serious, not to sound like a jerk, but basically I am copping out because the amount of money is insignificant to the point where it wouldn't warrant me being the least bit uncomfortable. I said I made a mistake, I shouldn't have manned up. I'll do my best to make it up somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. If you're serious about 100 White Caskets I'm willing to put up substantially more than $200. I'm sure Diablo et al. are as well. If you want to do it I think $10K will be found.

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I said I made a mistake, I shouldn't have manned up. I'll do my best to make it up somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good resolution. just do a different challenge and all will be well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt I will. I'll do the Diablo drinking challenge as he "manned" up at the bar a few weeks ago and said he would smoke me. I replied a few times in that thread how "drinking challenges" are lame, so this would go against my ethics.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me make one thing clear. One thing you most certainly did not do is "man up." Perhaps you've confused "man up" with "run your mouth" or "pussy out."

Edited to add: Let's move on from this so as not to let one big-talking pussy divert attention from the real men stepping up in this thread.

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me make one thing clear. One thing you most certainly did not do is "man up." Perhaps you've confused "man up" with "run your mouth" or "pussy out."

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. I meant to put that in quotes. Yes I pussied out. I freely admit it. See my alternative challenge based on your bold statements from 2 weeks ago.

samjjones
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Has anybody accepted the milk challenge? Per the past threads on this, I'd love to witness this attempt in person.

sfer
11-02-2005, 02:06 PM
I think Evan should try to be a part of this. (http://www.donshula.com/48oz.asp)

samjjones
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Any club that already has 28K members is probably too inclusive for the types of things being mentioned in this thread...

Evan
11-02-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Evan or Daver or someone, please step up and volunteer as coordinator here (who gets various supplies, time/date, location, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take charge of everything but the camcorder because I don't have one. I still ned all the idiots...I mean participants...to respond with exactly what they're willing to do. I don't know where I'm going to find a bunch of bugs for Josh to eat, a pet store maybe?

Who pays for the supplies? I'd rather not foot the bill for a gross of eggs and enough white castle burgers to fill Tony Paladino.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anybody accepted the milk challenge? Per the past threads on this, I'd love to witness this attempt in person.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll do it.

InchoateHand
The only cheap bugs at a pet store will be crickets. Probably 12-20 for a dollar. Often you have sizing choices. Providing they are first deemed kosher, I think 200 adult crickets is a good number. Alternately, meal worms are also cheap, and perhaps a nice mixture of the two?

sfer
[ QUOTE ]
Any club that already has 28K members is probably too inclusive for the types of things being mentioned in this thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you understand context? Evan, at most, weighs 52 ounces.

sfer
11-02-2005, 02:14 PM
I'll pay for White Castle no problem. I want to see that happen.

InchoateHand
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
I'll throw in 1/100 of the white castle. Thats right, I'm good for a hundred bucks towards a hundred white castles. I feel mighty generous, and now IndieMattie has a chance to unpussout.

Evan
11-02-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Evan should try to be a part of this. (http://www.donshula.com/48oz.asp)

[/ QUOTE ]
If you find a version of this in NYC I will do it.

samjjones
11-02-2005, 02:17 PM
This brings up a good point. Would it be possible to get a "Tale of the Tape" (age/height/weight) for all participants? For example, a 21 year old 130 lb. guy trying to eat 100 White Castles interests me far more than a 35 year old 300 lb. guy (for reasons that do not need explaining).

Evan
11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Date: November 6
Time: 5:00 pm
Event: East coasters with freaksih abilities will taunt death for $100

Respond to this post if you can be there. I'm mainly interested in hearing from RustedCorpse, Tony Paladino and maybe Matt if he wants to do anything.

sfer
11-02-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet much? (http://www.donshula.com/steakhouse/newyork/)

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

? (http://www.donshula.com/steakhouse/newyork/)

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 02:24 PM
i can be there.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you in for the milk challenge for $100?

sfer
11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Respond to this post if you can be there. I'm mainly interested in hearing from RustedCorpse, Tony Paladino and maybe Matt if he wants to do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone call me when everyone gathers and I'll walk down.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. only 1% milk though.

BottlesOf
11-02-2005, 02:29 PM
I may or may not be there. Getting me to leave my apartment on an NFL Sunday usually requires a small act of God....

Or an act of someone ungodly small....I'll try and be there.

samjjones
11-02-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What...are you on a diet or something???

sfer
11-02-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I may or may not be there. Getting me to leave my apartment on an NFL Sunday usually requires a small act of God....

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad?

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Accepted.

Evan
11-02-2005, 02:34 PM
My bad. I just read, "My dad's goal was to build the best steak house in Miami" and assumed it was only there. As I said, I'll do this if Diablo accepts it.

sfer
11-02-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're both wrong. I don't know when this became steak tartare, but it's grocery store ground beef. 1 lb. no seasoning or additives, 7 minutes. I'll pay you Dave if you do it.

Edit: Upon further reflection, a lb. may not be as much as I thought it was. I'd still pay you for this feat though. As for meeting your $1500 requirement, I don't know if we can rally the support.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made 3 distinct offers to you. One, you raise $1500. Two, you raise $5000 and it's a bet on whether I can do it. Three, you and I bet $1000.

BottlesOf
11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh man, you didn't even complete the quote.

My rule only applies to about 20 days of the year.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

#1: Need at least 2 people w/ video cameras.

#2: Need confirmation of attendance (and agree on details) from following challengers:

[ QUOTE ]
RustedCorpse: Willing to do lots of stuff. Rusted, please review this thread and the CC2 thread and respond w/ which you are willing to do. Also, please clarify what form of raw beef you are willing to eat. CURRENTLY HAVE ACCEPTED RUSTED CORPSE FOR HOT SAUCE CHALLENGE.

Josh.: Willing to do some lame challenges. Please pick or suggest something good, Josh. Lots of bugs is a good one. Crickets suggested.

Voltron87: Milk challenge. $100. ACCEPTED.

Emmitt2222: HARD-BOILED EGG EATING ACCEPTED. BELT-WHIPPING ACCEPTED. BUTTER CHALLENGE ACCEPTED (IF MULTIPLE ARE INTERESTED IN THIS, IT WILL BECOME BUTTER CONTEST)

Tony Paladino: Willing to do multiple challenges. I will accept butter challenge (or contest), white castle eating. anchovies, soy sauce, and raw onions - please propose $ amts, Tony.

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
11-02-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My bad. I just read, "My dad's goal was to build the best steak house in Miami" and assumed it was only there. As I said, I'll do this if Diablo accepts it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand. someone's going to bet you you can't eat a big steak?
wtf

c

turnipmonster
11-02-2005, 02:40 PM
I am probably in, depending on if out of town guest wants to attend such an event.

TheMainEvent
11-02-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this one should pay if he pukes before finishing the gallon

Evan
11-02-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
#1: Need at least 2 people w/ video cameras.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I meant to add that. I don't have a video camera so anyone who plans on attending pleast let me know if you do.

11-02-2005, 02:44 PM
For the milk challange, do you have to keep it down, or can you throw up and keep drinking? Whoever's doing this, have fun shooting some weird kind of cottage cheese looking partially digested milk out your nose, and then not being able to get the smell out.

Edit: Damn I'm slow

Evan
11-02-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

c

[/ QUOTE ]
Apprently? I dunno, they offered to buy me a big steak as far as I can tell. Why question it?

11-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Let's wait for the first snowfall. Soak you with a hose, and stand you out on the west side highway. $100/hour.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I made 3 distinct offers to you. One, you raise $1500. Two, you raise $5000 and it's a bet on whether I can do it. Three, you and I bet $1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will not be accepted as a Crimson challenge because it is far too easy.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf

c

[/ QUOTE ]
Apprently? I dunno, they offered to buy me a big steak as far as I can tell. Why question it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where on earth did you read that? This would most definitely not be a Crimson Challenge. It is not even in the ballpark. Offer to eat two of them and we can talk. Any other deals are between you and Daver.

I can't imagine him just paying you for this, but I could see him betting you.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Accepted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this one should pay if he pukes before finishing the gallon

[/ QUOTE ]

The milk bet has established rules. Not only can't he puke, he has to keep it down for some amount of time after the contest.

Milk bet experts, please provide the time limit and no-puking time. (I believe they were something like one hour and fifteen minutes)

fyodor
11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

48oz is a joke
I ate the 72oz at Texas Longhorn Cafe in under an hour. Also included soup with meat in the soup. Bread, beans and rice.

I weighed about 180 at the time. When I was done I was not full and considered ordering desert but did not want to come off as a pig.

I am well past my competitive eating days but if the challenge ever comes north to Toronto I would be up for something as a joke. For instance I would be willing to eat burgers till I puked just to amuse everyone who likes to see guys puking on camera (me for instance). No compensation required.

Emmitt2222
11-02-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm 90% sure I can be there. I will do the hardboiled egg challenge, but I guess if noone wants to throw eggs at me that is fine. I can't really provide any details yet. First I will hardboil about a dozen eggs, eat them and determine what I think is impossible. I will then set that as my goal to beat. Do I lose money for puking, becuase it almost seems like that is what people want to see.

sfer
11-02-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will not be accepted as a Crimson challenge because it is far too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. The point here is that JBB has three ways to make this happen, and two ways to make money and will have zero follow through.

sfer
11-02-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

48oz is a joke
I ate the 72oz at Texas Longhorn Cafe in under an hour. Also included soup with meat in the soup. Bread, beans and rice.

I weighed about 180 at the time. When I was done I was not full and considered ordering desert but did not want to come off as a pig.

I am well past my competitive eating days but if the challenge ever comes north to Toronto I would be up for something as a joke. For instance I would be willing to eat burgers till I puked just to amuse everyone who likes to see guys puking on camera (me for instance). No compensation required.

[/ QUOTE ]

You used to eat competitively?

11-02-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must mean The Big Texan. Steak challenge. (http://www.bigtexan.com/72oz.html) This place is legendary in Amarillo.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 90% sure I can be there. I will do the hardboiled egg challenge, but I guess if noone wants to throw eggs at me that is fine. I can't really provide any details yet. First I will hardboil about a dozen eggs, eat them and determine what I think is impossible. I will then set that as my goal to beat. Do I lose money for puking, becuase it almost seems like that is what people want to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please make some offers re: 12/24/50 and time limits. For 100% satisfaction of challenge, you must eat them and keep them down for some time period. However, if you were to eat all the eggs, then puke, I would most likely pay you almost the complete amount.

Shajen
11-02-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do I lose money for puking, becuase it almost seems like that is what people want to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd personally be more impressed with someone keeping the eggs down instead of puking.

fyodor
11-02-2005, 03:40 PM
There are franchises everywhere. It was not free if you ate it, you just got some prizes including a nice steak knife that says "72oz Club" on it (that I still have) a jean shirt with "720z Club" embossed on it that came only in XL (I wonder why?) that I gave to my brother, and 10% off all food and beverages for anyone at my table for the next year.

I never actually ate competitvely. I could just out eat anyone I ever met and used to eat a lot just to amuse friends. I was once asked if I was raised by wolves. At the time I thought it was a compliment.

xadrez
11-02-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are franchises everywhere. It was not free if you ate it, you just got some prizes including a nice steak knife that says "72oz Club" on it (that I still have) a jean shirt with "720z Club" embossed on it that came only in XL (I wonder why?) that I gave to my brother, and 10% off all food and beverages for anyone at my table for the next year.

I never actually ate competitvely. I could just out eat anyone I ever met and used to eat a lot just to amuse friends. I was once asked if I was raised by wolves. At the time I thought it was a compliment.

[/ QUOTE ]

We might be related. I was once referred to as "the Human Vacuum Cleaner"

IndieMatty
11-02-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But food had nothing to do with that title. BAMMMMO!

jackdaniels
11-02-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a Canadian challenge would be great. If need be, we can split it between the east coast (Toronto) and the west coast (Vancouver).

Once this is accomplished, a north american battle of champions perhaps?

rohjoh
11-02-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must mean The Big Texan. Steak challenge. (http://www.bigtexan.com/72oz.html) This place is legendary in Amarillo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good breakfast challenge. Place is in so Cal, but I am sure they would Fed Ex one out to anyone who wanted to attempt for the right price.

Broken Yolk Café Special (For the iron man or woman)
A dozen-egg omelet filled with mushrooms, onions, American cheese and smothered with our chili and more cheese. On the other half of a 15-inch pizza pan is a generous pile of homefries and two biscuits. Eat it all and it’s only $1.98 and receive a complimentary T-Shirt. *No substitutions.
*The $1.98 is for one person only and there is a one hour time limit.
Winners will go down in history on our
Hall of Fame Plaque. GO FOR IT!

Makes me hungry!

antidan444
11-02-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a good breakfast challenge. Place is in so Cal, but I am sure they would Fed Ex one out to anyone who wanted to attempt for the right price.

Broken Yolk Café Special (For the iron man or woman)
A dozen-egg omelet filled with mushrooms, onions, American cheese and smothered with our chili and more cheese. On the other half of a 15-inch pizza pan is a generous pile of homefries and two biscuits. Eat it all and it’s only $1.98 and receive a complimentary T-Shirt. *No substitutions.
*The $1.98 is for one person only and there is a one hour time limit.
Winners will go down in history on our
Hall of Fame Plaque. GO FOR IT!

Makes me hungry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes me want to change my profession to "personal trainer."

xadrez
11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But food had nothing to do with that title. BAMMMMO!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...whats worse is the moniker was given to me at the tender age of 11 years old.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Alright I'm back.

So far he's what I've read that I'm open for in order of preference:

Whipping (seriously at 10 bucks a lash this is easy money diablo)

Hard boiled Eggs
Wasabi Snorting
Pelting With Eggs.

This weekend is good btw.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 04:22 PM
And boom boom, I assure you Tar Tar is NOTHING like raw beef. Honestly the raw beef was horrid, by the third bite there was an instinctive gag.

BTW! If I do the whipping AND follow it up with Egg pelting do I get double money? I hear yokes are good for healing.

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather not foot the bill for...enough white castle burgers to fill Tony Paladino.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good thing you won't be in charge of the camcorder, I'd like the shot to be above my kneecaps. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Alright I'm also game for anything involving white castle or booze. I'm going to set up a poll in a moment as to what people will think is the hardest to perform. (I'm avoiding the milk thing because for some reason lately I think I'm becoming lactose intolerent, mmmmm yum....)

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there. How much am I getting to eat the 4 sticks of butter? Is anyone gonna pony up the cash for the raw onions or soy sauce? I'll do those 2-3 in one day, but the anchovies would have to be on their own.

TONY

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whipping (seriously at 10 bucks a lash this is easy money diablo)

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I will give you and Emmitt 5 lashes each. 10 total if one does not make it or backs out.

[ QUOTE ]
Hard boiled Eggs

[/ QUOTE ]

Please propose $ for 12/24/50.

[ QUOTE ]
Wasabi Snorting

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably be more interested in a large amount of extra-hot horseradish eating. Upon further thought, wasabi snorting is pretty sweet. How much for that?

Are you no longer interested in the Hot Sauce? That offer is yours to take if you want it for $100, same terms as Crimson.

Also, please let me know if you are willing to eat raw beef in forms other than ground beef. Like, gnaw on a pound of raw flank steak or something.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright I'm also game for anything involving white castle or booze. I'm going to set up a poll in a moment as to what people will think is the hardest to perform. (I'm avoiding the milk thing because for some reason lately I think I'm becoming lactose intolerent, mmmmm yum....)

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony v. Rusted Corpse white castle eating contest?

samjjones
11-02-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

OK, I will give you and Emmitt 5 lashes each. 10 total if one does not make it or backs out.

[/ QUOTE ]
And you are going to do this in Madison Sq. Park? This I HAVE to see...

shant
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wasabi Snorting

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone needs to take you up on this one.

daryn
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
all i know is i would like to travel to NYC and be a part of this!

someone PM me

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How much am I getting to eat the 4 sticks of butter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Butter: $25 for two sticks, $50 for three, $100 for four.

[ QUOTE ]
raw onions or soy sauce?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you willing to do these for?

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much am I getting to eat the 4 sticks of butter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Butter: $25 for two sticks, $50 for three, $100 for four.

[ QUOTE ]
raw onions or soy sauce?

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are you willing to do these for?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how many/size onions and how many oz's of sauce.

Make me an offer.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 04:37 PM
Raw unions hmmm.... say 1 palm sized union (I'd guesstimate 8-10 oz) at say $10 a pop?

I think Tony and I are about to get into an underbidding war /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:40 PM

Emmitt2222: HARD-BOILED EGG EATING ACCEPTED (contingent on $$ agreement). BELT-WHIPPING ACCEPTED ($10/lash, 5x). (backup for butter eating)

RustedCorpse: ACCEPTED FOR BELT-WHIPPING ($10/lash, 5x). CURRENTLY HAVE ACCEPTED RUSTED CORPSE FOR HOT SAUCE CHALLENGE. Pending confirmation from RustedCorpse. Potential wasabi snorting, hard-boiled egg eating, raw beef eating, white castle contest.

Tony Paladino: BUTTER CHALLENGE ACCEPTED ($25/$50/$100 for 2/3/4). Potential white castle contest, soy sauce, and raw onions

Rusted, Tony, Emmitt - please propose $ amounts for the potential challenges.

We still need at least two people with video cameras.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 04:44 PM
el d i never pledged to your original thread but i will contribute here.

also, i want to do this at a refrigerated location. i know it is getting towards winter but if the milk gets warm after being out that will just destroy me. if alcohol and whipping are involved it might not be a great idea to do it in public either.

Emmitt2222
11-02-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just really funny somehow.

I just finished hardboiling a dozen eggs, but I ate dinner so I will have to wait until later tonight to judge how many I can eat. Preemptively I am going to threw out that I can in fact do 50 hardboiled eggs in 1 hour for $200. Fair?

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
el d i never pledged to your original thread but i will contribute here.

also, i want to do this at a refrigerated location. i know it is getting towards winter but if the milk gets warm after being out that will just destroy me. if alcohol and whipping are involved it might not be a great idea to do it in public either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron, coordinate logistics w/ Evan. How much of a pledge are you in for?

As for the whipping, yes, you guys should probably do that post-Madison Square Park (or at least make it the last thing you tape). These logistics are for you NYers to figure out, though. I am merely accepting or rejecting things proposed.

turnipmonster
11-02-2005, 04:47 PM
I can bring a small cooler w/ice for you if you want.

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Soy Sauce: $60-75 for a 12-16 oz bottle if I get to pick the brand. Extra $10 if someone else does.

I'm not going to beat the bid of $10 per onion, so the other dude can have it.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
put me down for 50, but when we all meet in person i will likely give more in if it gets good. i get the sense there will be some adlibbing and haggling when we're there.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Someone needs to put money down on the wasabi, I seriously want an excuse to try this.

samjjones
11-02-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just finished hardboiling a dozen eggs, but I ate dinner so I will have to wait until later tonight to judge how many I can eat. Preemptively I am going to threw out that I can in fact do 50 hardboiled eggs in 1 hour for $200. Fair?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm in for $20 on this. Please PM me for payment details.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:53 PM

Emmitt2222: BELT-WHIPPING ACCEPTED ($10/lash, 5x). potential HARD-BOILED EGG EATING (contingent on $$ agreement).

RustedCorpse: ACCEPTED FOR BELT-WHIPPING ($10/lash, 5x). ACCEPTED HOT SAUCE CHALLENGE ($100, half Tabasco/half Dave's Insanity) potential WASABI SNORTING (contingent on $$ agreement)

Tony Paladino: BUTTER CHALLENGE ACCEPTED ($25/$50/$100 for 2/3/4). Potential white castle eating [unlikely, would have to be massive number, this is too easy], soy sauce, and raw onions [I have received feedback that people don't care about this one] (contingent on $$ agreement).

Rusted, Tony, Emmitt - please propose $ amounts for the potential challenges.

We still need at least two people with video cameras.

sfer
11-02-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone needs to put money down on the wasabi, I seriously want an excuse to try this.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, best post ever.

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 04:54 PM
I have a 8mm camera that has night vision, which I think works. I'll bring that along incase lighting is an issue. I can copy to a DVD, but I have no way to get it on a computer.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
put me down for 50, but when we all meet in person i will likely give more in if it gets good. i get the sense there will be some adlibbing and haggling when we're there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron, please see the Crimson Challenge 2 thread for a description of how the pledge process works. I will put you down for $50. If you want to up that after this event, great.

The payments for these wagers will come from the pledge pool and amount paid for partial successes will be based on my review of video.

Add'l bonuses and sidebets that occur at the event are up to the participants.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron, please see the Crimson Challenge 2 thread for a description of how the pledge process works. I will put you down for $50. If you want to up that after this event, great.

The payments for these wagers will come from the pledge pool and amount paid for partial successes will be based on my review of video.

Add'l bonuses and sidebets that occur at the event are up to the participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

makes sense.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm in for $20 on this. Please PM me for payment details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sam, please see Crimson Challenge 2 threads. You pledge to contribute to a pull, and payments are then made out of that pool as required. I will put you down for $20 pledge.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Emmitt, here is the offer. 1 hr time limit. $25 for dozen, $50 for 24, $150 for 50. For full payment, must not throw up for 15 minutes upon completion of challenge.

Do you accept?

LALDAAS
11-02-2005, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can bring a small cooler w/ice for you if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are some beers in it I come just to watch.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I can put it on computer I believe from DVD. IF not I can give it to someone who can.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Soy Sauce: $60-75 for a 12-16 oz bottle if I get to pick the brand. Extra $10 if someone else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accepted. Evan will be in charge of getting supplies. What is your preference?

samjjones
11-02-2005, 05:04 PM
I like this pay scale. I hope Emmitt makes a serious run at the 100.

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want it to be actual soy sauce, some brands are just salt-water and coloring.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just want it to be actual soy sauce, some brands are just salt-water and coloring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kikkoman?

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM
Never had it, but I would trust your judgement of foodstuffs

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 05:17 PM

Emmitt2222: BELT-WHIPPING ACCEPTED ($10/lash, 5x). potential HARD-BOILED EGG EATING ($25/50/150 FOR 12/24/50 EGGS).

RustedCorpse: ACCEPTED FOR BELT-WHIPPING ($10/lash, 5x). ACCEPTED HOT SAUCE CHALLENGE ($100, half Tabasco/half Dave's Insanity) ACCEPTED WASABI SNORTING ($15/"standard sushi serving of wasabi" - up to entire tube's worth)

Tony Paladino: BUTTER CHALLENGE ACCEPTED ($25/$50/$100 for 2/3/4). SOY SAUCE ACCEPTED ($60-75/12-16oz).

Emmitt2222
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Emmitt, here is the offer. 1 hr time limit. $25 for dozen, $50 for 24, $150 for 50. For full payment, must not throw up for 15 minutes upon completion of challenge.

Do you accept?

[/ QUOTE ]

Done and done.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope Emmitt makes a serious run at the 100

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif Who said anything about 100?

Oh yeah, in case anyone is interested for reference I am a whopping 5'9" 135lbs

fyodor
11-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Kikkoman is very nice soy sauce. I just went to the fridge and took a swig. You should have no problem. Very tasty.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 05:31 PM
So let me make sure I have this in order, Saturday Nov 6, (what time?), I need to take 5 belt whippings (I'll take more if emmitt wishes to pass), Snort as much wasabi as possible, and set the standard for the Hot Sauce.

On a side note, The daver and I are entering negotiations for 100 white castles in a certain time frame if anyone wishes to help him rally funds with it.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So let me make sure I have this in order, Saturday Nov 6, (what time?), I need to take 5 belt whippings (I'll take more if emmitt wishes to pass), Snort as much wasabi as possible, and set the standard for the Hot Sauce.

On a side note, The daver and I are entering negotiations for 100 white castles in a certain time frame if anyone wishes to help him rally funds with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Crimson Challenge fund will likely contribute $100-$200 towards that effort contingent upon parameters.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Ok I reviewed the film, he drank water during the consumption of the hotsauce. What is the stipulations on water? At the risk or revealing my strategy, I'm thinking over 30 minutes I could take 50% hotsauce and 50% water mixture without problems but I don't want to give the impression that I'm scamming.

sfer
11-02-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok I reviewed the film, he drank water during the consumption of the hotsauce. What is the stipulations on water? At the risk or revealing my strategy, I'm thinking over 30 minutes I could take 50% hotsauce and 50% water mixture without problems but I don't want to give the impression that I'm scamming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man. If you think water is going to help you're in trouble.

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can eat or drink whatever you want in conjunction with this. You cannot, however, dilute the hot sauce.

So, you can drink some hotsauce, then drink a gallon of water.

You cannot, however, pour a little hotsauce into a gallon of water and drink that. Or put it into a thing of baked beans, etc.

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its a sunday, the 6th is a sunday

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 05:46 PM
It's not that the water helps make it less hot, it's the dilution factor so I can slam it. I'm thinking a bottle of hotsauce in a 2 liter bottle of water to dilute it just so I don't puke it. It's not hte consumption aspect, I can make myself eat/drink anything, it's keeping it down.

Edit : Got the clarification, thanks Diablo

samjjones
11-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Not to confuse the matter...but I'm wondering if the Hot Sauce Challenge and the Milk Challenge can be done concurrently? Would the pH values offset? Again, I don't know...just throwing it out there to see if some enterprising youngster wants to take this on.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 05:51 PM
I imagine that the milk would curdle.

11-02-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine that the milk would curdle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now there's a challenge.

Stuey
11-02-2005, 05:54 PM
I think winners of these bets should get a certain trophy/prize and losers also get an appropriate trophy/prize. The money will be spent in the blink of an eye we want to leave a lasting memory with these men of honor/shame. Just imagine showing your grandkids your gilded Crimsom challenge mug that you won by drinking a failed contestants puke. The pride the history this is how legends are made!

A metal
A trophy
A champion’s mug
A tee shirt
A hat

Others will have better ideas.

I have not pledged yet so I should just keep my mouth shut I know. But if someone actually successfully does one of these great feats I think they need more than money. Immortalize them in someway. I would pledge money for this if I feel the feat is amazing.

They should still get the money also of course.

sfer
11-02-2005, 05:55 PM
OMG, WTF is going on in your avatar? I've played with that guy a lot.

asofel
11-02-2005, 05:57 PM
K9 vs Ferguson right?

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I agree. I think diablo got me pretty cheap for the wasabi :P

11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
I laughed my ass off at his antics on the WSOP last night, and he replaced the 5 year old w/the Hook'em Horns sign /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah, Joe Stillman, one and only "pro bowler" and gen-u-wine asshat. If I could find a pic of crybaby crying, that'd probably be my avatar.

sfer
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Okay, now I get it. Was he on TV for a long time?

11-02-2005, 06:06 PM
He was on a good portion of yesterday's WSOP broadcast. He was on both episodes, I think. He was loud, obnoxious, huge, and quite hilariously garbed. He accessorizes better than most women I know. Matching headband plz.

I had never heard of him until last night. He got enough TV time to make quite the impression on me.

Stuey
11-02-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. I think diablo got me pretty cheap for the wasabi :P

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a custom one of these for anyone who does the milk bet?

1 1/4 gallon mug! (http://www.halcyon.com/donace/JUMBOMUG.HTM)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Stuey2plus2/second/JUMBOMUG2.gif

Evan
11-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Okay, I'm in a bit of a rush now but I just went over this thread and have some thigns to say.

1) I just want to reiterate that we will NOT be conducting a belt whipping in Madison Square.

2) Refridgeration shouldn't be a problem with the milk. If need be we can buy it right before you drink it.

3) Tony has volunteered one camera but we still need a second. Who has one?

4) All the participants please come to a conclusion on what you're going to be doing.

5) What is the payment arrangement for this stuff. We have like 4 or 5 people doing challenges now and I don't carry aroung $50k like Diablo.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Hot sauce and Milk should get that mug with respective icons.

I think the butter winner gets a free all expense paid trip to

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...dsculpture.html (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jimvictor.com/AssetsFood/jimriceback.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.jimvictor.com/AssetsFood/foodsculpture.html)

Ulysses
11-02-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is CRITICAL. Multiple people MUST tape this stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
[4) All the participants please come to a conclusion on what you're going to be doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been determined in my latest update. Over the next couple of days we'll finalize any conditions that are part of the challenge.

[ QUOTE ]
5) What is the payment arrangement for this stuff. We have like 4 or 5 people doing challenges now and I don't carry aroung $50k like Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

All payments are made from Crimson Challenge pledge fund, contingent upon my video review and approval. I assume everyone participating has online poker accounts.

Evan
11-02-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is CRITICAL. Multiple people MUST tape this stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Feel free to take the costs of purchasing me a digital camcorder (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat04015&type=category&_DARGS=/site/en_US/catalog/fragments/product/olslinelistingsortfilter.jsp) out of the Crimson fund. I have a feeling some people just aren't speaking up enough though, someone planning on attending MUST own a camcorder.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[4) All the participants please come to a conclusion on what you're going to be doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been determined in my latest update. Over the next couple of days we'll finalize any conditions that are part of the challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I'll leave you in charge of that part.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
5) What is the payment arrangement for this stuff. We have like 4 or 5 people doing challenges now and I don't carry around $50k like Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

All payments are made from Crimson Challenge pledge fund, contingent upon my video review and approval. I assume everyone participating has online poker accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good.

Emmitt2222
11-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Quick update:

I just did 12 eggs in 14 minutes and the pace that must be kept to get down all 50 is tough. I know this is going to be really intense and my chances are probably only around 10%. I am really competitive when it comes to food challenges though so I will likely eat until I finish or I'm puking all over the place.

Who is going to buy and hardboil that many eggs?

As a stipulation to my rules, the eggs must all be peeled before I start the challenge.

Evan
11-02-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As logn as these eggs dont need to be hot when you eat them it shouldn't be a problem.

KDawgCometh
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As logn as these eggs dont need to be hot when you eat them it shouldn't be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that they were hot when the jackass guys tried the cool hand luke challenge.

I will put up money for a McDonalds double cheeseburger challenge for someone to do. I will buy them, I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of 50 dbl cheeseburgers in under 90 minutes

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that they were hot when the jackass guys tried the cool hand luke challenge.

I will put up money for a McDonalds double cheeseburger challenge for someone to do. I will buy them, I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of 50 dbl cheeseburgers in under 90 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you cover the hospital bills?

B Dids
11-02-2005, 08:47 PM
Didn't you offer money to beat up that bowling guy who cashed in the WSOP.

Can we use this challenge to functionally take out a hit on a guy?

tonypaladino
11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you offer money to beat up that bowling guy who cashed in the WSOP.

Can we use this challenge to functionally take out a hit on a guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't offer any money, but I know where he bowls every week, if anyone wants the info.

11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Guys. Let's pick a date. We already have multiple offers of challenges in NYC. Please provide feedback on your favorite challenges as listed here by Rusted Corpse and in the CC2 thread by the other New Yorkers.

Also, Rusted Corpse and other New Yorkers, what dates work? This weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be in Vegas this weekend. I want to get in on the challenging.

RustedCorpse
11-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Ok, so I just tried some wasabi, and I gotta say, that's an interesting sensation, I'll give it a go, but for $150 for a tube, I'm willing to step aside if another comes along.

Also rather than madison park, I'm thinking we should meet up and go somewhere in central park or riverside, I'm thinking that public vomitting might not go over that well in many visible places, further more I'd like to get the belt thing done that day as well.

Ulysses
11-03-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so I just tried some wasabi, and I gotta say, that's an interesting sensation, I'll give it a go, but for $150 for a tube, I'm willing to step aside if another comes along.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's $15/per serving, so you're making money every snort!

[ QUOTE ]
Also rather than madison park, I'm thinking we should meet up and go somewhere in central park or riverside...public vomitting....

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a very good idea.

KDawgCometh
11-03-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also rather than madison park, I'm thinking we should meet up and go somewhere in central park or riverside, I'm thinking that public vomitting might not go over that well in many visible places, further more I'd like to get the belt thing done that day as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

it might work best at someone's apt, but, a private public area is cool too

KDawgCometh
11-03-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you cover the hospital bills?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, sorry, but, the total is down to 30 now, as we decided on the IRC that 50 would just be too much

kyro
11-03-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God, does this sound dirty.

bdk3clash
11-03-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God, does this sound dirty.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know Eric and it is.

RustedCorpse
11-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Son of Beeach!

tonypaladino
11-03-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A thought occurs--

Sunday is the NYC Marathon.

-Central Park is out for sure b/c of the marathon
-I think we'll be fine in Madison Sq Park, we should meet at the south-east corner right on Madison & 23rd.
-With the race, there will be an increased police presence throughout manhattan, so we may have to have an alternate location ready to move to if we start to attract too much attention. Hudson River Park down by Battery Park City is one idea.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A thought occurs--

Sunday is the NYC Marathon.

-Central Park is out for sure b/c of the marathon
-I think we'll be fine in Madison Sq Park, we should meet at the south-east corner right on Madison & 23rd.
-With the race, there will be an increased police presence throughout manhattan, so we may have to have an alternate location ready to move to if we start to attract too much attention. Hudson River Park down by Battery Park City is one idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

christ that's far.

I will be attending.

I challenge paladino in the white castle event. i've eaten 35 in one sitting before.

tonypaladino
11-03-2005, 03:42 AM
Nah, it's like 5 minutes by subway to BPC.
That would just be a contingency plan anyway, Evan needs to weigh in on this, since he is in charge of organization.

I found my 8mm Camcorded. The night vision works awesome, so even if we have lighting issues we should be cool, but we really need another digital one. I can't beleive there is not one person on oot who has a DV camera in NYC.

wacki
11-03-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Potential wasabi snorting, hard-boiled egg eating, raw beef eating, white castle contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is dangerous. Be careful.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Potential wasabi snorting, hard-boiled egg eating, raw beef eating, white castle contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and downing a bottle of dave's insanity isn't? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thanks for the advice, mom.

jackdaniels
11-03-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't beleive there is not one person on oot who has a DV camera in NYC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Step one: Go to Best Buy/Costco/The Wiz - purchase appropriate camera.

Step two: Use camera, download images to PC.

Step three: RETURN camera to original place of purchase.

If no one can come up with a camera, the system mentioned in this post could be used as backup (heck, you might like it so much you decide to keep it anyways).

Good luck to all in the challenges!

xadrez
11-03-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Ive gotten E.Coli before, and aside from the 24 hours of vomiting and bloody diarrhea, stabbing pains, churning stomach, overnight hospital stay complete with IV and MRI's, it was a breeze.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 10:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Wiz

[/ QUOTE ]

RIP The Wiz /images/graemlins/heart.gif

seriously though, that is such a bad idea. there is an 85% chance something happens to that camera sunday.

jackdaniels
11-03-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Wiz

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously though, that is such a bad idea. there is an 85% chance something happens to that camera sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, "Nobody beats the Wiz" now, isn't it. I neither condone nor advocate the use of the above method, but it seems like there is a serious lack of camera wielding 2+2'ers. As such, the above can be used as a last minute back up plan, should all other plans fail.

The last thing we need is for this challenge to take place without immortalizing it on video.

xadrez
11-03-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Wiz

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad Im way too lazy to make a CRAZY EDDIE! gimmick account

Ulysses
11-03-2005, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Emmitt2222: BELT-WHIPPING ACCEPTED ($10/lash, 5x). ACCEPTED HARD-BOILED EGG EATING ($25/50/150 FOR 12/24/50 EGGS).

RustedCorpse: ACCEPTED FOR BELT-WHIPPING ($10/lash, 5x). ACCEPTED HOT SAUCE CHALLENGE ($100, half Tabasco/half Dave's Insanity) ACCEPTED WASABI SNORTING ($15/"standard sushi serving of wasabi" - up to entire tube's worth)

Tony Paladino: BUTTER CHALLENGE ACCEPTED ($25/$50/$100 for 2/3/4). SOY SAUCE ACCEPTED ($60-75/12-16oz).

[/ QUOTE ]

Default conditions for all food challenges are 30 minutes, must be kept down for 5 minutes.

The milk challenge parameters are whatever was in the initial milk challenge thread (1 hr, keep down for 15 minutes, I think).

Up to one hour can be taken for the egg challenge.

The belt lashes, use your discretion as to how hard is reasonable. They should hurt quite a bit. (Not buckle!)

Evan, you are now officially in charge of all logistics.

Whoever does the video, please send to bad beetz for hosting.

All participants and spectators should post their post-event thoughts in this thread.

Luv2DriveTT
11-03-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I say we go Cool Hand Luke style and make it 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excelent reference, and excelent prop bet.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Evan
11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The belt lashes, use your discretion as to how hard is reasonable. They should hurt quite a bit. (Not buckle!)

[/ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have sugegstions regarding where we can hold a public belt whipping with room for mass viewing without the better part of the group being hauled off to jail and a very unflattering article being published about us in The Post?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm on it. I assume I can keep hard boiled eggs in a fridge overnight, right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you PM me an email address or some other way to get it to him? I haven't checked his profile to see if his email is there, so if it is you can disregard this (it will need to be an email account that has a fairly large amount of data, so if he has gmail or something like that it would be preferable).

samjjones
11-03-2005, 12:12 PM
Just to confirm, the belt whipping will be done on a shirtless back?

wacki
11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid post. We are forcing the man to eat either a delicacy or eat common beef and take a risk of contracting E-coli 0157 or a campylobacter infection. Neither version is something I care for, and nor should El Diablo.

Hotsauce isn't any more dangerous than any other food. Your worst danger is basically a panic attack that some people get when they can't breath and do something stupid.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid post. We are forcing the man to eat either a delicacy or eat common beef and take a risk of contracting E-coli 0157 or a campylobacter infection. Neither version is something I care for, and nor should El Diablo.

Hotsauce isn't any more dangerous than any other food. Your worst danger is basically a panic attack that some people get when they can't breath and doing something stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

but this is the point. you do something incredibly stupid, possibly dangerous, for money. if it wasn't thrilling in this way, there would be no event sunday.

Evan
11-03-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your worst danger is basically a panic attack that some people get when they can't breath

[/ QUOTE ]
If only that was the worst thing that happened to each of us everyday I have to believe 2+2 would be a happier place.

Voltron87
11-03-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hotsauce isn't any more dangerous than any other food. Your worst danger is basically a panic attack that some people get when they can't breath and doing something stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

but this is the point. you do something incredibly stupid, possibly dangerous, for money. if it wasn't thrilling in this way, there would be no event sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki is pretty much right, there is a disease danger in eating uncooked meat which is just not comparable to the dangers of drinking hot sauce.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
eh fine. don't want 2p2 getting sued or anything.

someone think of me a challenge, for i will be attending.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have sugegstions regarding where we can hold a public belt whipping with room for mass viewing without the better part of the group being hauled off to jail and a very unflattering article being published about us in The Post?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm on it. I assume I can keep hard boiled eggs in a fridge overnight, right?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you PM me an email address or some other way to get it to him? I haven't checked his profile to see if his email is there, so if it is you can disregard this (it will need to be an email account that has a fairly large amount of data, so if he has gmail or something like that it would be preferable).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the Jets game on sunday, but will try and meet you guys when I get back from the Pote Authority. My only suggestion is maybe Riverside Park would be better suited for this.

Evan
11-03-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My only suggestion is maybe Riverside Park would be better suited for this.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're probably right. I mostly went with Madison Square because it had already been suggested, it's got shake shack and it's close to me. With the magnitude of the proposed challanges though, it likley is going to be slighly too public for our needs.

Where in Riverside park would be a good place? I'm not really familiar with it and I think it's a couple miles long, right? Any input here would be appreciated.

J.A.Sucker
11-03-2005, 12:56 PM
. [ QUOTE ]
My only suggestion is maybe Riverside Park would be better suited for this

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean MORNINGSIDE PARK. The junkies would find this really fascinating...

turnipmonster
11-03-2005, 01:09 PM
this is clearly correct. no one would bat an eye.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 01:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're probably right. I mostly went with Madison Square because it had already been suggested, it's got shake shack and it's close to me. With the magnitude of the proposed challanges though, it likley is going to be slighly too public for our needs.

Where in Riverside park would be a good place? I'm not really familiar with it and I think it's a couple miles long, right? Any input here would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's plenty of places, especially once it's dark, playgrounds/skatepark/dog walk, all from 79 to 120; I can't think of anything specific that is either awesome or completely stupid to go to. Josh may have some ideas.

I do want shake shack though. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ulysses
11-03-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's plenty of places, especially once it's dark, playgrounds/skatepark/dog walk, all from 79 to 120; I can't think of anything specific that is either awesome or completely stupid to go to. Josh may have some ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you will be far more likely to have good videos if you do this stuff during the day when it's light out.

pokerdirty
11-03-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

will the marathon run that late?

if you are still going at 5pm, doesn't that mean you've been running for 8 or 9 hrs?

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like you will be far more likely to have good videos if you do this stuff during the day when it's light out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might not even be there dude. I have a cursed NFL team to root for.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

will the marathon run that late?

if you are still going at 5pm, doesn't that mean you've been running for 8 or 9 hrs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't paid attention to the Marathon in ages, seems the crowds really thin out around 4 or 5 (when the amatuers finish); They all don't start together. Riverside Park as well as Madison Square Park are pretty far from the festivities. El D is right though, daytime might be better. What's wrong with saturday afternoon? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Voltron87
11-03-2005, 01:24 PM
saturday afternoon at around 3-4 works for me.

edit- it would have to at 5 or after that on sunday for me

gulebjorn
11-03-2005, 01:25 PM
The building up to these challenges has been so massive, these guys have got some real pressure on them to deliver...

samjjones
11-03-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The building up to these challenges has been so massive, these guys have got some real pressure on them to deliver...

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry...they'll be ready...

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/115/training0no.jpg

sfer
11-03-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that. I'm not taking a 15 minute subway ride to go to the NYC equivalent of suburban hell.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that. I'm not taking a 15 minute subway ride to go to the NYC equivalent of suburban hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a 15 minute subway ride would be considered "your neighborhood".

sfer
11-03-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does when the neighborhood is worth the trip.

IndieMatty
11-03-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does when the neighborhood is worth the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an old man, you should be going up to the UWS more anyway.

Emmitt2222
11-03-2005, 02:56 PM
If the time is changed to anything sooner I will have to be notified very soon. I have to travel and hour and a half to get into the city. Also, since Sunday will be impossible to drive into the city I guess I will take a bus to Port Authority in which case I will need some help figuring out what subways to take to get to where I need to go.

I will try and be ready as I possibly can for this challenge. I did one dozen eggs yesterday, I plan on eating one enormous meal today and then doing two dozen on Friday. Saturday and Sunday will be my starvation days. On an amusing side note, I discovered last night that hardboiled eggs in large quanitites give me massive heart-burn and diarrhea.

bad beetz
11-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Yo I can host it on my mad phat website that no one goes to or looks at.

DONK FRENZY! (http://www.donkfrenzy.com)

bad beetz
11-05-2005, 09:43 PM
email is admin@donkfrenzy.com

RustedCorpse
11-06-2005, 06:21 PM
east coast >west coast

theghost
11-06-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
east coast >west coast

[/ QUOTE ]

Are there already some results?

Voltron87
11-06-2005, 07:08 PM
i just got home from it. easily east coast. i'll go in order of occurance:

1. tony p- 4 sticks of butter- completed. tony absolutely demolished this challenge. he ate the first stick in about 3 minutes, made it look very easy. he really slowed down at the start of the 3rd stick, but kept moving through and finished it. we had some good commentary on the video so i'll defer to that. 4 sticks of butter- 3200 calories. calories from fat- 3200.

2. rusted corpse- hot sauce- completed. rusted funneled the stuck fairly quickly. ran around, punched a tree and breathed fire. he said what hurt most was breathing afterward. like i said, just watch the video-

3. emmitt- finished 24 eggs. just watch the video.

4. soy sauce- rusted- completed. this challenge was not as interesting as the others, i tried some and it tastes bad and salty but i think pretty much everyone could have done it. rusted did it fairly easily. this was after he did the hot sauce so that makes it more impressive.

5. milk challenge- myself. failure. I gave this one everything I had in me but at the end it was too much. I finished about 95% of the milk, I literally was within less than 10oz of finishing. I started off very fast because I thought I would need a lot of time to finish the last two cups. i was sort of right, but sort of wrong later. The milk which I used was straight out of the back of the supermarket fridge, and I actually got brainfreeze after the first cup. one thing i did not see coming was that i got very very cold after drinking about 4 cups. i was shivering. rusted gave me his fleece which really helped. for anyone else who does it, definitely start off strong. it gets very hard at the end and if you pace yourself evenly it wont work. I had about 3/4 of it done after 25 minutes, and started to feel bad then. i could drink but my stomach was churning. it literally felt like my stomach would move up and down. every 10 minutes or so you move to a different stage of nausea.

0-10 minutes- I was chilly, but no effects on the stomach. i was downing it very fast.

10-20 Now we are starting to get towards filling up. not any where close to throwing up or sickness.

20-30 Now we are really feeling sick. I am drinking slowly but the end is in striking distance. throwing up is a real possibility and i am walking around and hunching over a lot.

30-35 I can only drink very slowly and can tell im doomed. at about minute 35 I threw up. It was like nothing I had ever done before. it was pretty much all liquid, and came out like it was a hose. im used to throwing up for 1 second, but this was a solid 4 seconds. an eternity. watch the video. everyone said it was impressive, im looking forward to seeing it.

i still think i could do this. I ate waaaay too much yesterday. i had- french toast at 6am- a cosi salad and two slices of their bread at 1pm (fairly big salad and bread). a 3 course lunch at 4pm. 9pm- 3 pints of beer, a bowl of clam chowder, and a bison burger (heartland brewery at union square). then i went and drank a lot more. i wasnt hungry at all waking up this morning and drank a lot of water. i had an appetite at around 2pm, but i think the amount i ate yesterday screwed me.

i think its very hard, but definitely doable. i would have done some things differently. at about minute 25-30 i would have just downed the last bit. there was very very little left. once you start doing downhill you are not finishing. the alternative approach, spacing youself, might work. i get the impression that once 3/4 of it goes down you are not going to finish so that is the weakness of using all the time. i am humbled for today but will try again some time in my future.

we did this in madison square park, a fairly open park in downtown nyc. a surprising amount of people came up and asked us what we were doing, probably about 5-6 who actually conversed with us. a lot more watched.

last bit- belt whippings- rusted and emmitt. me and kdawg did the whippings in an alley a block away. rusted and emmitt only got hit 2 times each, our spot wasnt so good and i think doing it more wouldnt have been that great, once you do it you do it.

RustedCorpse
11-06-2005, 07:09 PM
Yea someone should bet getting the footage up. Considering the amount of footage and number in attendence it might take awhile.

Butter, Hot sauce, Soysauce, lashings were completed
Eggs and Milk had good turnout.

RustedCorpse
11-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Do not feel humbled, Sarah, the white chick we were walking back with said that I should tell you to "holla" , so you did not walk away a loser.

Chicks dig guys who spew like waterfalls.

(I would have pm'd this, but it's much funnier letting everyone know.)

Voltron87
11-06-2005, 07:18 PM
haha, i was about to say to her "well now that youve seen me like that i have no shot with you". we'll see.

i had a really good time overall. i can safely say everyone else agrees, lots of funny stuff. the best comment of all was "wow, when tony shits this out it is going to be legendary. his ass is going to be a soft serve machine tomorrow morning". i think the daver said it, i could be wrong. for everyone who wasnt there, you should look forward to the video. it will be good.

Blarg
11-06-2005, 07:19 PM
On the milk, I was thinking if you were able to piss, it could have helped a lot. I was even thinking that drinking some water in the middle might help you piss, but I dunno if it would have made it better or worse. Sometimes when I take in a lot of liquid, it makes me wanna crap. I bet if you got a crap or a piss(or two) out, it might have helped a lot.

Blarg
11-06-2005, 07:20 PM
I still wanna see the gut punch/drinking competition.

Voltron87
11-06-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the milk, I was thinking if you were able to piss, it could have helped a lot. I was even thinking that drinking some water in the middle might help you piss, but I dunno if it would have made it better or worse. Sometimes when I take in a lot of liquid, it makes me wanna crap. I bet if you got a crap or a piss(or two) out, it might have helped a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt have to piss at all during the challenge. your idea about drinking water might work, but i dunno. seems risky. xlax or something similiar might work but for something like this who wants an asterix by their name in the record books.

KDawgCometh
11-06-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
east coast >west coast

[/ QUOTE ]

and its not even close. I hope that you and emmitt can sleep on your backs soon

KDawgCometh
11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, pissing had no effect on voltron not being able to do it. It really looked like he was gonna be able to do it. He was almost there and out of nowhere he yacked. It probably didn't help that evan was up in his face like a papparazzi guy. Voltron just puked out of nowhere, there was no warning and it just went out of his mouth like a waterfall. It was pretty awesome. What made it even funnier was that some russian au pair made some bitchy comment about people using the park, and we had people throwing up

Blarg
11-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Russian? She probably thought you guys had vodka and weren't sharing.

KDawgCometh
11-06-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the best comment of all was "wow, when tony shits this out it is going to be legendary. his ass is going to be a soft serve machine tomorrow morning".

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope that that comment made it to the tape. Dave didn't want to be on tape, so if he was the one who said it, unforunetly noone is gonna hear it. THe belt lashings are really good. You got rusted corpse really good and I got emmitt really good.

Blarg
11-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Why, is Daver mobbed up?

ozyman
11-06-2005, 07:40 PM
I was purely a specatator but I was hugely impressed with the showing all around. It was very cool to meet some fellow OOTers. The belt lashings were legitmately frightening, I think there was a decent shot of drawing blood on the 3rd lash if it had continued that far.