PDA

View Full Version : TPGK facing check/call, bet

ilya
11-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Very beginning of a Party $20, everyone has 1000 chips. I open-raise to 60 (10/15) with AQo in MP1, only BB calls. Flop A37r. He checks, I bet 90 into the 130 pot, he calls. Turn is Ac37 9c. He bets 200. What now? What if this was a Super?

flyingmoose
11-02-2005, 07:44 AM
This situation represents what may be my biggest leak (I tend to just call and pray for a cheap showdown in situations like this). I'll keep my eye on this thread. I hope someone can provide us both with some insight on it.

charlieD
11-02-2005, 09:35 AM
enough of the time you will be facing a weaker ace or a semi bluff with something like 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. if he has a hand stronger than yours he will probably let you hang yourself with a turn bet. this is why he hasn't check raised you, if he has a reasonable semi bluff hand and he checks to you and you bet say 250 into the 310 pot his c/r will need to be all in to be meaningfull, and you have already commited almost half your stack. so he also cant be sure you would even lay down KK in this situation. thats why he bets out a meaningfull amount (200) putting you in an awkward situation whilst not having commited mnany of your chips to the hand.
raise him all in. if he has you beat, so be it. sometimes he'll fold and sometimes he'll be prepared to gamble and call with the worst of it

JustPlayingSmart
11-02-2005, 08:33 PM
In the first hand of a Party $20 tournament, I would go broke with AQ on an ace-high flop and a non scary board. You just don't have a lot of time to make TPGK or better before the blinds get high in these tournaments and you are in pushbot mode. In a super, I think I would call the turn bet and then fold to a river push. I don't think he fires on the river with a hand AQ beats.