PDA

View Full Version : Adam is leaving Loveline

MyTurn2Raise
11-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Adam made his official announcement on air tonight. Thursday is his last night at Loveline. I don't know about you, but it's like losing a good friend. I listened to the show doing homework during college. I listen to the show now during night sessions. It was/is entertaining and informative. Kind of a sad day. So, to brighten my spirits, I was wondering what your favorite Adam moment on Loveline was? And, who do you think the suits will get to replace Adam?

newhizzle
11-02-2005, 02:21 AM
that show is still on?

i thought they cancelled it like 5 years ago

ClaytonN
11-02-2005, 02:22 AM
Loveline smartened me up nice between grades 7-9. If I was a parent I'd make it required listening for my kid.

Sucks that he's leaving. Who the hell can you replace Corolla with? I can see the show surviving tho.

geormiet
11-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Loveline was also a big part of my life 9-12th grade. I am amazed that adam was still doing the show up to this point!

mmbt0ne
11-02-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And, who do you think the suits will get to replace Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully no one. They should just let the show fade away. No one will be as good.

ClaytonN
11-02-2005, 02:30 AM
Impossible. There's a market for that kind of radio show and there's no other alternatives to Loveline that I know of. He will be replaced.

offTopic
11-02-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Adam made his official announcement on air tonight. Thursday is his last night at Loveline. I don't know about you, but it's like losing a good friend. I listened to the show doing homework during college. I listen to the show now during night sessions. It was/is entertaining and informative. Kind of a sad day. So, to brighten my spirits, I was wondering what your favorite Adam moment on Loveline was? And, who do you think the suits will get to replace Adam?

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll get some other relative unknown funny guy (had anyone heard of Adam when he started?)

I haven't listened in years, but once when some buddies and myself were coming back to the Bay Area from SoCal, we caught Loveline on I5. There was this AWFUL call...girl living at home with an abusive father, mother's gone, father has substance abuse problems, the whole nine yards. They try to do what they can, steer her to Al-Anon or whatever, tell her to not leave the phone number lying around. It was really bad.

After she hangs up, Adam says (recreating from memory): "Wow. All you guys out there, when you go to a strip club, just think about this call. Because that's who's dancing for you. The girl from this call." He then pauses for about three seconds, and mutters, "...of course I'm still going to go..."

sthief09
11-02-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that show is still on?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored], me too

TheMetetron
11-02-2005, 02:46 AM
Show has been on forever, show will still be on after him.

Did anyone really expect him to hang around after the morning show gig was announced?

I'll miss him, but it will continue to thrive. It's like the Tonight Show.

11-02-2005, 03:05 AM
That sux. The show will go on though. Dr. Drew did the show for many years by himself FOR FREE, so I doubt he'll stop just because Adam is leaving.

FishNChips
11-02-2005, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They'll get some other relative unknown funny guy (had anyone heard of Adam when he started?)

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, Adam was a DJ on KROQ which is the station that the show originated on way way way back.

astroglide
11-02-2005, 01:02 PM
that blows

RacersEdge
11-02-2005, 01:15 PM
I thought he quit that show years ago. Whatever - I can't stand that guy.

Evan
11-02-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that show is still on?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored], me too

[/ QUOTE ]
As did I.

Can we get a clarification about whether there is still a TV version of the show or if it's only radio?

DDH
11-02-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that show is still on?

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored], me too

[/ QUOTE ]
As did I.

Can we get a clarification about whether there is still a TV version of the show or if it's only radio?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just a radio show now. Correct that the TV show was canccelled a few years ago on MTV, but the radio show is still on five nights a week.

Paluka
11-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Is it possible to get Loveline archives? I never really listened to the show, but if I found myself at a point in my life where listening to the radio all the time was a good idea I'd love to have these.

InchoateHand
11-02-2005, 02:11 PM
For more recent shows, here (http://www.lovelinearchive.com/).

When I feel like listening to archived radio, though, I tend to go here. (http://www.thisamericanlife.org/)

Paluka
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For more recent shows, here (http://www.lovelinearchive.com/).

When I feel like listening to archived radio, though, I tend to go here. (http://www.thisamericanlife.org/)

[/ QUOTE ]

hot. thanks!

astroglide
11-02-2005, 03:14 PM
i've been listening to am radio nonstop lately. various channels fuzz out and i'll just move along until i get enough of a signal to hear whatever they're talking about. lots of christian/right-wing stuff, it's interesting to listen to though. and i've found some actually good talk stuff.

i would like to listen to that 'this american life' stuff sometime.

B Dids
11-02-2005, 03:30 PM
The American Life is a really great show, I should listen to it more.

I would listen to more public radio, but the local stations are all so damn bad relative to when my Dad was doing it, that I have a really hard time coping with them.

When the voice reading the news in the morning is your father's, nobody else really sounds right.

astroglide
11-02-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When the voice reading the news in the morning is your father's, nobody else really sounds right.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's a cool thing for you to have had