PDA

View Full Version : OK, so who's interested in ...... (Pokershare related)

Exsubmariner
11-02-2005, 01:05 AM
Owning a piece of Ultimate Bet and Phil Helmuth's ass?

I'm serious. I am going to call my attorney in the morning.

I am going to present to him that I was offered part ownership in a web based business and that the other party renegged and STOLE my percentage of OWNERSHIP in the enterprise.

I thought I might post it here first because I know there are lawyers who play poker and read 2+2. I thought one of them would be interested in heading up a class action lawsuit against the American owners of Ultimate Bet for perpetrating this scam. UB is not based in the US, but the big names associated with it are US citizens. They can be named in a legal action and they can be sued.

I will keep you all posted on what my lawyer tells me. I will let you know when to e-mail me with your information should this get traction. If you are an attorney and reading this, please respond and tell us your opinion of what can be done to hold Pokershare accountable for stealing from it's players.

Thanks.

X

rusty JEDI
11-02-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
please respond and tell us your opinion of what can be done to hold Pokershare accountable for stealing from it's players.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are paying back accounts. They havent stolen anything yet.

Who knows, they may even find a way to transfer the Ultimate Points.

Give them a little time.

rJ

krazyace5
11-02-2005, 01:23 AM
This is Pokershare not Ultimatebet, Hellmuth and Duke represnt Ultimate Bet only.

theben
11-02-2005, 01:37 AM
fight the evil corrupt corporate greed!

BigBiceps
11-02-2005, 01:53 AM
Good luck.

You are just going to waste your time and energy on a hopeless effort.

stillbr
11-02-2005, 02:07 AM
What is wrong with people like you? Do you truely feel cheated? Or are you always looking for an easy score?

Catt
11-02-2005, 02:11 AM
See my post in the other thread. Your own view that you were offered an ownership interest in the business would strengthen an argument that the offering was a violation of the Securities Act of 1933. Go ahead and contact your attorney; he'll probably tell you that the issue is unclear, but that there is a risk of violation, in which case you'd have a recission right with regards to the original offer, but not much of a claim for anything else (unless you incurred damages through accepting the offer -- and neither the opportunity cost of accepting the offer nor any losses while playing on the site will likely qualify as claims).

Exsubmariner
11-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Well Cat,
So my argument about losses wouldn't fly since I made $ there. Opportunity cost is another matter, but such a short period doesn't really add up to much in rakeback.

My primary beef is that my shares were supposed to be good forever and even if they went down in value, they still entitled me to a share of 40% of the profits from the site paid into my account forever. They never expired. That's what pisses me off. These lying sacs of dung have deprived me of a potential lifelong income from playing on their site. Offer it and then just snatch it away. They stole my OWNERSHIP.

X

Synergistic Explosions
11-02-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These lying sacs of dung have deprived me of a potential lifelong income from playing on their site. Offer it and then just snatch it away. They stole my OWNERSHIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roll with the punches son, roll with the punches. There will be more coming.

Catt
11-02-2005, 02:52 AM
I really wouldn't write anything more on a public forum if I were interested in pressing some sort of claim against them. It almost surely won't help and it can very well hurt.

And the risk of such claims, whether jusitifed or not, likely prompted, or at least strengthened the argument for prompting, this action by them now anyway. If there are legitimate claims to be made, whipping up a frenzy and shopping for class action attorneys does not strike me as the best way to ensure their are assets to go after with a claim.

*** My posts here and in other threads are my personal opinion. They are not legal advice. ***

LImitPlayer
11-02-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What is wrong with people like you? Do you truely feel cheated? Or are you always looking for an easy score?

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me of the teenager who sued Mcdonalds because she was fat or the lady who sued Mcdonalds because the coffee she spilled on herself was to hot.

Sue everyone!!! Sue Sue Sue!

Get a life

11-02-2005, 03:04 AM
how do you know the shares you aquired arent still going to pau you a percentage of the profits? all that has been said so far is that you just cant play there anymore.

Not that it matters anyway, cuz there is legally nothing you can do. Just be glad you are getting your money back

StellarWind
11-02-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the lady who sued Mcdonalds because the coffee she spilled on herself was to hot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually she was badly injured. McDonalds *required* its franchisees to maintain the coffee between 170-190 F. That's 77-88 C for my international readers. Water at that temperature is very dangerous and instantly causes serious burns.

Sniper
11-02-2005, 05:01 AM
From the Pokershare T&C...

[ QUOTE ]
The POKER ROOM PROVIDER also has the right to hold any and all of a player's prize, rewards and other funds indefinitely if it is found determined at the sole discretion of the POKER ROOM PROVIDER that the player has been involved in fraudulent activity on the POKER ROOM PROVIDER. Fraudulent activity may include, but is not limited to, transfer of chips to other player accounts (chip dumping), forgery, collusion, false representation of age, closure of an account by another online gaming site, adverse information from a reporting service regarding Player, at the request of an UB affiliate or partner, and at the request of a governmental agency.

[/ QUOTE ]

TCBSTEVE
11-02-2005, 05:33 AM
SCREW POKERSHARE AND UB. I just want my 1500 they got. Damn sure not answering any emails. Just reloaded on the 31st to get bonus. Its BULLSHIT they let you reload, knowing they are going to close your acct the next day. everybody is saying at least youre getting your money back. That fact remains to be seen. Everybody needs to boycott UB for letting them get away with this bullshit.

TimsterToo
11-02-2005, 08:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the lady who sued Mcdonalds because the coffee she spilled on herself was to hot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually she was badly injured. McDonalds *required* its franchisees to maintain the coffee between 170-190 F. That's 77-88 C for my international readers. Water at that temperature is very dangerous and instantly causes serious burns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well over here in Europe I give my coffee back if it's luke warm. I also don't make a habit of putting it between my legs and taking the top of in a moving vehicle so I can add milk. (I wouldn't do that with a normal mug, let alone a soft flimsy McD cup)If I would've done that I would have considered it a lesson, I certainly wouldn't sue.

Do you know how I make tea? I boil water and then pour it over the teabag in a mug. The water is then 100 degrees celcius so a lot hotter then the McD coffee. I then find a place to set the cup down and wait for it to reach the temperature I can comfortably drink it. At no point in time do I test if it's comfortable by depositing it in my crotch.

Of course her first mistake was ordering the bloody awfull coffee in the McD in the first place /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry for the rant but I think that this is the no1 example that we're losing the ability to think for ourselves and totally rely on stupid signs like: "warning, coffee may be hot"

It's happening more and more in Europe too btw, I'm certainly not making this an "stupid Americans" thing.

OrianasDaad
11-02-2005, 08:34 AM
It's what happens when government assumes more and more responsibility for people's personal lives. One must realize that these types of governments encourage this type of mindless litigation. They encourage mindlessness because this is the only way they have to stay in power.

Anyway, the whole Pokershare situation sickens me a bit. I don't know anything about the Pokershare business model, but it appears that they were offering the same product for a lower price and were killing UB in the process.

UB does not "deserve" its market share. It has to earn it, and it can be lost. This is a basic business principle.

MrBlueNose
11-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Thats right you go after Ultimatebet and Phil Hellmuth....that'll show Pokershare!

dibbs
11-02-2005, 11:17 AM
I imagine reading the TOS would have made this blow much easier.

I wonder how many people actually read those things before checking the "I READ AND AGREE" box.

Exsubmariner
11-02-2005, 11:58 AM
OK, so which government agency do you think requested my account be closed? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wbrumfiel
11-02-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nobody can take any responsibility in this country. Its not like the McDonalds clerk purposely dumped the coffee in her lap, SHE was the idiot that spilled the coffee in her lap. Its hot coffee for gods sake, when something has the word HOT in it, im not putting it near my crotch.

Exsubmariner
11-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Actually, I find the sensation of having a hot cup of coffee right next to my balls to be rather relaxing. Don't knock it before you try it.
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CLC
11-02-2005, 02:41 PM
WARNING: DO NOT PUT FINGERS OR TONGUE IN FAN WHILE BLADES ARE MOVING.

Well DUHHHH !!!!

wbrumfiel
11-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Well whatever you find.... relaxing is your deal but do us all a favor and take responsibility for yourself if you happen to spill said coffee on yourself.