PDA

View Full Version : Are there differant stratagies for differant sites?

Phix
11-02-2005, 12:40 AM
I play at sit&gos at 6 diferant sites. At two of these sites I can cash 2 out of 3 times. 3 of the sites 1 out of 3 and then there is Poker Stars where I have never made it to the money.

My statagy is to play tight until 6 players are left then lossen as plyaer are knocked out.

Do diferant stagaties work better at some sites than others?

or am I thinking to much:)

Phix

pergesu
11-02-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play at sit&gos at 6 diferant sites. At two of these sites I can cash 2 out of 3 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Play at those two sites. Clearly they're monstrously profitable for you, so there's no real reason to play anywhere else.

bluefeet
11-02-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At two of these sites I can cash 2 out of 3 times

[/ QUOTE ]

play at these two sites /images/graemlins/wink.gif

seriously? depends. deep stack (PS) vs. short stack (PP) -- there is certainly a little more freedom in the deep stack game for exploiting an assumed post-flop superiority. without the post-flop skills, the deeper stack can actually be detrimental (assuming you participate post-flop too frequently regardless).

6 seated, 9 seated, 10 seated, start chips, blinds structures, etc. do have subtle (sometimes not so) differences. but employing the proper "tight early", "pushbot" late strategy will be relatively effective in most settings.

SammyKid11
11-02-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the lack of literacy displayed in your post, I find it difficult to believe that you're thinking too much. I also find it hard to believe that you're 67% ITM at any given site unless your sample size is ridiculously small.

First take English, then Statistics, take two Aspirin and call us in the morning.

11-02-2005, 01:38 AM
He beat me to it.

bawcerelli
11-02-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With the lack of literacy displayed in your post, I find it difficult to believe that you're thinking too much. I also find it hard to believe that you're 67% ITM at any given site unless your sample size is ridiculously small.

First take English, then Statistics, take two Aspirin and call us in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch! no need to be THAT harsh. lol, nh

pooh74
11-02-2005, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At two of these sites I can cash 2 out of 3 times

[/ QUOTE ]

play at these two sites /images/graemlins/wink.gif

seriously? depends. deep stack (PS) vs. short stack (PP) -- there is certainly a little more freedom in the deep stack game for exploiting an assumed post-flop superiority. without the post-flop skills, the deeper stack can actually be detrimental (assuming you participate post-flop too frequently regardless).

6 seated, 9 seated, 10 seated, start chips, blinds structures, etc. do have subtle (sometimes not so) differences. but employing the proper "tight early", "pushbot" late strategy will be relatively effective in most settings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're too nice...you probably would humor Stanzee too.

SammyKid11
11-02-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - a little harsh...but come on. A typo here and there is one thing. A post like that is just hard to read. And I think if someone doesn't take themselves seriously enough to write competently, I find it hard to believe they'll take poker seriously enough for me to take them seriously.

bigt439
11-02-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - a little harsh...but come on. A typo here and there is one thing. A post like that is just hard to read. And I think if someone doesn't take themselves seriously enough to write competently, I find it hard to believe they'll take poker seriously enough for me to take them seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they're serious enough to know you're serious enough to know just how serious serious is. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bawcerelli
11-02-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they're serious enough to know you're serious enough to know just how serious serious is. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously

SammyKid11
11-02-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

seriously

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I'm just joking.