PDA

View Full Version : if youre going to play KJo....

bernie
06-14-2003, 09:29 AM
player trying to play good but is loosening up a little opens in EMP. he's also tilting a titch. fold to me in LP and i 3 bet with KJo. BB calls. this could be anything. he will bet top pair on the flop if he hits it. in fact he'll cap it regardless of his kicker. EMP calls.

flop K 8 4 r

checked around

turn T

BB bets, EMP calls, i raise, both call

river K

checked to me i bet, only BB calls, EMP exasperatingly folds

b

Al_Capone_Junior
06-14-2003, 09:43 AM
A titch risky. I guess if you're sure he's tilting enough so that you're going to have a better hand the majority of the time, it's OK.

I like the flop check and turn raise.

al

Jeffage
06-14-2003, 09:48 AM
If the player is trying to play good, but loosening up, that doesn't make him a loose RAISER. Usually unless he is on real tilt, raises are legit. I don't know though, you were there and I wasn't but I may choose a better spot to 3-bet unless he is starting to raise every hand. Ok so you raised, like I said I respect your judgment. I would bet the flop...you might get called down the whole way by a lesser pair this way where as if you pull the old wait and raise the turn play you cut your profits. Plus it's not like your hand is invulnerable. It worked out for you as a variation play though and I'm sure you won. My guess is the BB had A10 and got trapped, EMP folded something like JQ. Nice hand.

Jeff

bernie
06-14-2003, 10:30 AM
i didnt check this flop to let them catch up. i know very well it's vulnerable.

players would get a little timid when i was in the pot. so when the EMP checks, im sure i have them both beat at this point, but i also know the BB will bet the turn and that he doesnt have the K. IF EMP raises, i can then dump my hand. he wouldnt do this without a real good hand. though given the way he checked the flop, i didnt see a raise coming from him. though my view is a little obscured of him since another player between us is blocking my view of him a little. so unless an A hits the turn, im raising it.

EMPs raising standards did drop a bit, though not dramatically. and in EMP, his range is a little wider anyways. but he was also raising with mid pairs a bit too. add to that, a touch of tilt. not alot, but enough. he also got a little timid postflop when i was involved in a pot. so i also figured my 3 bet may put him in his shell a little. which it did.

BB ive played with quite a bit and i know his play pretty well. so i used some knowledge of his play to play this hand. i dont think EMP knew his play as well. so with me in the pot, and BB betting, EMP may get a little confused and call. he's basically an ABC player that is gaining experience. so if one doesnt play ABC to him, that confused him a little.

b