PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having problems trying to get into SNG's on party tonight

Vetstadium
11-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Damn this site has to fix this annoying problem.

splashpot
11-01-2005, 10:16 PM
The lobby wasn't loading for me for about 1 minute. Not long enough for me to get annoyed.

ace_in_the_hole
11-01-2005, 10:20 PM
I cant see any new $55's.

J-Lo
11-01-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doc
11-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Same problem on 22's

Saku
11-01-2005, 10:25 PM
$11s too.

11-01-2005, 10:39 PM
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

MTTs frozen at the moment too

psyduck
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

same.

I [censored] hate THESE STUPID PIECES OF [censored]. [censored] PARTYPOKER. MY GODDAMN MTT WAS CANCELED TOO. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

pokerraja
11-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Im jones-ing to play, i just got on to a PL tourney. I hate PL.

Doc
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Is this what a DOS attack looks like?

Doc
11-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Seems to be working now for me.

Doc

eejit
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM
You would think if you had an online business, where the faster you could open tables, the more money you would make, that you might actually get around to uprgrading your mickey mouse software to always have a table available.

After 4 tabling the 20's for the last month, I can honestly say the hardest thing about them, is getting on an f'ing table.

Tonights special bonus the same 8 tables showing empty for twenty minutes at at time, when in fact they are full.

rbear
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
You'd think that all these people who have the opportunity at a ez way to make a good living, (which is still illegal in the states), wouldn't complain so much about minor inconveniences. I feel for ya'll. You have it so bad. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

bones
11-02-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'd think that all these people who have the opportunity at a ez way to make a good living

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be the greatest poker player alive, because I don't know a single person who has played for a living for any significant amount of time that would classify it as "ez" or anything close to that.

rbear
11-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Beats the hell out of any other job available to me (college kid)... Working at home from the couch is pretty rough

bigt439
11-02-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Beats the hell out of any other job available to me (college kid)... Working at home from the couch is pretty rough

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. That is all.

SammyKid11
11-02-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This displays that you're not "making a living" at this at all. You're in college...what you have out of poker is something you can do for extra money. When you're out of college and are using poker to help pay a mortgage, support a startup business and support a girlfriend through her education...THEN come back and tell us how "ez" it is. Until then, you're playing on borrowed money.

No, I don't believe you're paying your tuition with poker or that your parents don't help support you (just to head that off at the pass).

splashpot
11-02-2005, 01:29 AM
I've been sitting at a $55 for 3 minutes and no one else has sat with me. What gives? These usually fill up in less than a minute.

rbear
11-02-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

No, I don't believe you're paying your tuition with poker or that your parents don't help support you (just to head that off at the pass).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for trying. I didn't get a silver spoon, and paid my tuition this year solely from poker profits. I put in a ton of hours, and that is the only reason I am able to "make a living". My only point is that it's a lot better than many other jobs out there. I know people that bust their ass for a lot less, and sitting at home isn't all that rough.

As far as "playing on borrowed money", I took money from working graveyard to load up my account, and that's the only money that's gone into there.

But, thanks for assuming you know where I'm coming from. Maybe if you got a decent education, you wouldn't be struggling so much, gramps.

rbear
11-02-2005, 04:44 AM
I'm sorry. I feel so bad for all of you. You have it so tough. The physical labor must be overwhelming. I mean, there are people in sweatshops all over the world, but you have it far worse than them. Poor you. The best poker players makes thousands a day. Must be pretty rough.

bigt439
11-02-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been sitting at a $55 for 3 minutes and no one else has sat with me. What gives? These usually fill up in less than a minute.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a known shark? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bones
11-02-2005, 05:12 AM
"It" is something that nobody believes in until it happens to them. They think "It" is impossible, something that only happens to people who can't beat the game or control themselves.

I'm an idiot for trying to convince someone different each month that "It" is inevitable and poker isn't quite this easy.

SammyKid11
11-02-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
paid my tuition this year solely from poker profits. I put in a ton of hours, and that is the only reason I am able to "make a living".

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, I'm not buyin it. I've read your posts -- you come in with answers that consistently disagree with almost every good player on these boards. That, of course, is fine. Everyone has to start somewhere -- all I'm saying is that based on what I've read from you, unless you play VERY differently than you advise others to play, you're not making a long-term living off poker. Maybe you're on a heater and so far doing really well. Either way, doesn't matter to me. I was only responding to you talking about this being an easy way to make a living.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe if you got a decent education, you wouldn't be struggling so much, gramps.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I'm 26 -- I guess if that makes me "gramps," so be it.
2) I do have a decent education. I have a liberal arts degree from TCU. I'm also a member of MENSA. So I'd say I'm at least as smart and definitely (currently) better educated than you. I play poker for money because it allows me to continue to pursue music, which is my first passion but very expensive to succeed in on the level I'm after.
3) I'm not "struggling" -- what my post was referring to was that when you have a lot of financial obligations, poker doesn't seem like quite such an easy way to make money. Hitting a downswing when your mortgage is due or when your live-in gf's car breaks down can cause a big knot in your stomach, making this job less-than-easy. At least when you're working hard at a regular job, you know when your next paycheck is and how much it's going to be.

But nice try, junior.

rbear
11-02-2005, 05:29 AM
I may very well have been on a heater, but I have paid my tuition this year just off of poker. I definitely still have a lot to learn, ergo my posting here. My ROI isn't impressive though, I merely put in 10+ hours per day. I probably play as much or more than anyone here, but would personally rather be home than somewhere else for 5-6 hours a day. I guess "easy" was the wrong phrase. My point is, it could be a lot worse. Be grateful for the opportunites presented to you.

Best of luck on the music scene. Yes, you're currently further in your education (don't really know standards for generic liberal arts degree), and you could even be smarter than me. It sounds like you're working hard towards a promising future, but your aspirations putting you in that compromising position (IE. music, house, etc. all off poker profits). Best of luck in your future and in no way did I mean this as an insult. Just amazes me what people take for granted, as everday I love the fact that I don't have to go to a crappy job to make ends meet.

SammyKid11
11-02-2005, 06:12 AM
Gracious reply - sorry if I was harsh on you (was just in a "fightin" mood for some reason tonight). We've likely hijacked this thread long enough. Lates.