PDA

View Full Version : Skybook free 1/2-point update

11-01-2005, 10:03 PM
I sent the following email to Skybook customer care yesterday:

Subject: You lost a customer

Congratulations. You've managed in just short two weeks to lose a $1,000+ bankroll customer by changing your half-point policy on the NBA to Fridays only. Since your lines are nothing special as is, there is zero chance I will be joining with you tomorrow as I intended.

After more back and forth, I continued:

Relative to your overall prices, the free half-point is only worth it in the NFL for spreads within a half-point of 10 only compared to low vig shops like Pinnacle. My problem is with your marketing department's underestimation of the importance of the half-point promotion in new customers joining Skybook.

If you choose to change, please let me know as I will join then. Thank you.

10 minutes ago, I received this:

Good news: the decision on our free half point bonus program is now being reviewed. An announcement will be made when a final decision is reached.

Anyway, who knows where this is going. I asked in a reply whether there was a possibility the 1/2-pt program could be repealed later in the year but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Edit: His response...I can make no guarantees as it is a promotion afterall, but in the past years it has always applied for the duration of the season. More details once the final terms are announced.

sublime
11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Everyone send an email /images/graemlins/smile.gif (http://forum.therx.com/showthread.php?t=316275)

Losing all
11-02-2005, 12:14 AM
They took a lot of heat at theRX for this today. I think there's a good chance they'll reverse the decision.

llabb
11-02-2005, 04:02 AM
E-mailed support@skybook.com, everyone else please do so as well. Considering they are in the middle of reviewing the decision, if there is a substantial protest campaign, they will probably reinstate the half point every day.

Sygamel and sublime, any other e-mail addresses I should use?

LLXC
11-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Should one always take the half point since it only costs 5 more juice?

For example,
Team A -3 -105
or
Team A -2.5 -110.

Can somebody do the math for me here (I don't know how)? Thanks.

11-02-2005, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should one always take the half point since it only costs 5 more juice?

For example,
Team A -3 -105
or
Team A -2.5 -110.

Can somebody do the math for me here (I don't know how)? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

By my calculation, it's worth it for all spreads buying off/onto 2 through 10.