PDA

View Full Version : icm helps a lot or not much at all???

11-01-2005, 08:33 PM
im a 55 4-6tabler....im running soooo bad righ now.....the first 1500 i ran 17%......and the past 500 im down like a g.......im looking for a new edge....and i was wondering if icm is really that helpfull.....also any 55ers with really long bad runs.....this is is my first real big downswing and im not taking it well at all....

tigerite
11-01-2005, 08:34 PM
A hell of a lot. You should see some of the pushes I make.

pineapple888
11-01-2005, 08:37 PM
All of these topics have been beaten to death on this forum.

Please read the FAQ and use the search function.

Nicholasp27
11-01-2005, 08:58 PM
if u are a serious snger, u should get sngpt from eastbay and learn pushbotting

11-01-2005, 09:19 PM
icm calculator, sngpt......i didnt know how crucial all these tools are.....i feel like ive been playing these blind

11-01-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
icm calculator, sngpt......i didnt know how crucial all these tools are.....i feel like ive been playing these blind

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of people here would say they are "crucial" if you 6 table the $55 as you do.

Seriously get the demo of sngpt.

meanjean
11-01-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if u are a serious snger, u should get sngpt from eastbay and learn pushbotting

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you do with it? I got the program but have no clue what to use it for....anybody got any advise on this?

ps. I aint to bright so type slow

Doc
11-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Can anyone give examples of how SNGPT helps? I have looked at the tutorial, but how do you guys actually use it, post action analysis?

I would just like a little more info before I drop 80 bucks on a program.

Thanks,

Doc

bmxreed36
11-01-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone give examples of how SNGPT helps? I have looked at the tutorial, but how do you guys actually use it, post action analysis?

I would just like a little more info before I drop 80 bucks on a program.

Thanks,

Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found it very much worth the money. I thought the tutorial was very helpful in walking you through situations, how to use it, and how to interpret it.

As to how to use it, just get some hand histories and look for hands or have interesting hands emailed to you as you play. Plug in the chip stacks, blinds, etc, and see if you made a good fold, good push, if you should have pushed, etc. Then you can play around with the stack sizes, hands, calling ranges and everything and just explore things like "what kind of hand do I have to have to push from the button here?". "Ok, what if I was in the cutoff?" "What if my stack was a little smaller? or if there was another really short stack?" After awhile you learn when to make +EV pushes and folds in lots of different situations and also why you don't want someone else with SNGPT sitting to your right /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Also, it's mainly for higher blind or shorthanded situations, it doesn't really help with your early game.

Michael C.
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
It's great for high blind push/fold play. If you play around with it enough you start to need it left, because you get to the point where you can come pretty close to the right move instinctively. But even then sometimes you can get into what you think is just a random downturn and then through SgnPT find out that you had for some reason been playing too tight/loose for a while. So I think it's a great learning tool at first and a great leak check later on. And if you find most of your pushes/calls have been correct and you're still losing, you can then expect things to soon turn around.

Eric Draven
11-01-2005, 10:46 PM
It's helpful, once you understand the basis (PUSH a lot, far more than your average joe does) you won't need to refer back to it too much. I've only played around with it a few times, but it did improve my game immensly(sp?).

ButI believe some players take it a little too seriously... Well I worded that badly... Some players overrate it maybe... I don't know, I can't express myself properly, I'm not putting my foot in my mouth... Maybe I should hold down backspace for awhile...