PDA

View Full Version : Cute girls driving ugly cars

shant
11-01-2005, 07:57 PM
I was having a conversation with a female friend of mine over IM and she mentioned that her car is getting old and ugly and now has a big dent in it. I told her it doesn't really matter because guys love cute girls driving ugly cars. She thought I was making stuff up and tricking her, but I was being serious.

I can remember numerous times where I was driving and a cute girl would drive by in an ugly old car and it had dents and a trash bag window and my immediate reaction was "Wow that's hot." I can also remember numerous times where I was riding in cars with guys and they'd say "Cute chick in ugly car check it" and all the dudes in the car would agree that was rad.

Is this just something weird my friends and I are into or do other people do the same thing? What is it about the ugly car that makes the chick more attractive?

lighterjobs
11-01-2005, 07:58 PM
I usually think that a really good looking girl in a brand new car is automatically going to be a bitch, so i'm going to have to agree with you on this one.

Bigdaddydvo
11-01-2005, 07:59 PM
Nope, your reasoning is sound. The ugly car provides a stark contrast for the cute girl, making her appear to be that much hotter.

Kind of like the best way to look skinny is to hang out with people fatter than you.

Eurotrash
11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this just something weird my friends and I are into or do other people do the same thing? What is it about the ugly car that makes the chick more attractive?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you, this is very cool.

I think it stems from the fact that the girl is confident enough in herself to know she doesnt have to drive a brand new SUV her daddy bought her to impress those on the road around her. my impression of these girls is that they'd be very personable, low maintenance, tons of fun to be around (down to earth, however you want to say it)

astroglide
11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is it about the ugly car that makes the chick more attractive?

[/ QUOTE ]

it appeals to male provider sensibilities in addition to the obvious implications of low-maintenance, etc

BadBoyBenny
11-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Wow that's hot, maybe she'll date me for my car which is much nicer than hers.

The Goober
11-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Bonus points if the car has obvious DIY fixes on it.

TheMainEvent
11-01-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't think they seem hotter, just more accessible/approachable. I don't know if they even want that.

Etric
11-01-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they seem hotter, just more accessible/approachable.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a hot chick is in an expensive car she's probably a stripper; if she is in some crappy car, you might think you have chance with her.

11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
They seem hotter because of the contrast.

johnnybeef
11-02-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They seem hotter because of the contrast.

[/ QUOTE ]

That, or it makes you realize that they aren't high maintainence.

11-02-2005, 12:11 AM
This is kinda the same thing I feel about chicks in ricers.

I'll pull up next to a ricer, or see some pos civic with clear taillights and a bee muffler, and be like "Oh my god, that's so friggin [censored]"... then when I see the chick, it's kinda like "Hot!"

Aloysius
11-02-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is kinda the same thing I feel about chicks in ricers.

I'll pull up next to a ricer, or see some pos civic with clear taillights and a bee muffler, and be like "Oh my god, that's so friggin [censored]"... then when I see the chick, it's kinda like "Hot!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Does ricer = rice rocket?

This must mean you love Asian chicks...

Cute Chick + Ugly Car = HOt for all reasons cited above. I had the fortune of dating a cute chick with an ugly car (1991 Volvo 240DL with every dashboard light lit up).

Not only was she not materialistic, and made more accessible seeming initially, but also, male instinct to take care of women and protect them totally kicks in. Crappy car is a sign of a vulnerable chick in need. All this adds up to hotter.

11-02-2005, 12:37 AM
Or low money