PDA

View Full Version : 300/600 @ Foxwoods 500 Limit Event

FatalError
11-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Effective stacks are 7k, folded to HJ who raises, i 3 bet from button w/ AA, blinds fold HJ calls

flop is AT6 2 clubs check bet call
turn Td checks to me

bet here and try to get 2 bets turn and river or check the turn and hope to raise/cap the river?

pindawg
11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
The most you're gettin in on the river is 2 bets. For that scenerio to work, you would need to check, he leads the river, you raise, he calls.

You must bet the turn tho .. if he has a 10, he's checked to you knowing you'll bet and he'll checkraise. If he has an Ace, he'll call and check/call the river. If he has nothing, you weren't gonna make anymore anyways.

Not betting here is atrocious ...

ansky451
11-01-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Not betting here is atrocious ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... Seriously. What makes you think he will 3 bet a river raise with a strong ace? If he has the 10 he will call your turn 3-bet if not cap it himself, then you will probably get 2 bets on the river. Checking behind here is baaaad.

LLKOOLK1
11-01-2005, 07:52 PM
This is a must bet situation
-LL

FatalError
11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
i should have noted that my table image is "rock" and i've played with the villian alot at foxwoods and he knows i'm very tight, he's folding alot of hands on the turn, AQ included

stevepa
11-02-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i should have noted that my table image is "rock" and i've played with the villian alot at foxwoods and he knows i'm very tight, he's folding alot of hands on the turn, AQ included

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet the turn, show the aces if he folds and start bluffing more? You have to bet, he'll call with a flush draw and will raise a ten. There's only one ace left so I think the hands that will call/raise outweigh the hands that you lose. Betting gains a bet from a flush draw and at least one from a ten but loses one from any ace (I'm assuming he's not calling the river raise with an ace). So he would have to have the ace 2/3 of the time to make checking correct. I doubt that's the case. (I'm also assuming he won't bluff the river, maybe not a good assumption)

Steve