PDA

View Full Version : Foot Pain

steelcmg
11-01-2005, 07:11 PM
So its slow at the office and they have me doing field work and i have to do alot of walking like 10 miles aday. On friday i hurt my foot walking in the woods im pretty sure i just brought back a old injury. So when ever i walk now my foot starts hurting realy bad almost where i cannot stand it. Its the bone right behind my little toe i believe its called the metatarsal bone. Im not really sure if its broke bruised or what ever else could be wrong.

Im just wondering if there is anything i can do so i can make walking easier. I dont have insurance untill next month so i dont know if i want to goto the doctors yet. What are the major side affects if my foot is broke and i keep walking on it besides it not healing?

swede123
11-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Ignoring it could mean:

1) Some pain for the next few days but nothing serious in terms of the long term.

2) Causing permanent damage requiring extensive orthopedic surgery.

There really is no way to find this out without someone actually examining your foot, possibly involving X-rays. Don't mess around, go see someone about this.

Swede

steelcmg
11-01-2005, 07:21 PM
My biggest concern is that since i havent worked for the company for 90 days yet and the doctor will tell me i need a cast and i wont beable to walk. Which means since its slow they may lay me off which i cannot afford right now.

4_2_it
11-01-2005, 07:21 PM
If you got injured or aggravated your injury while on company business you have a worker's comp claim. Go fill out an accident report as there is a window you have to report something in order to qualify as a worker's comp claim. You don't need health insurance, the company's worker's comp insurance is responsible for your treatment.

jester710
11-01-2005, 07:23 PM
I broke the bone that makes up the ball of the foot once. Basically went through the same thing you are. The podiatrist said all he could do was give me cortisone shots, and those were only effective half of the time (his exact words might have been, "60% of the time, it works every time").

I declined the shots and the bone eventually healed on its own. I don't know if they have any other options nowadays. I have other foot problems (flat feet, plantar fasciitis, etc.) and they wanted to make special insoles for my shoes. The insoles didn't work for me, but they might work for you.

Either way, you might want to get it checked out. The worst thing that could happen is that it will cause you to change the way you walk (putting your weight solely over your arch, for example), and this could cause more problems later on.