PDA

View Full Version : Fed Isn't Done Apparently

adios
11-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Fed Raises Rate to 4%, Says Inflation Under Control (http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=a3Iv2N6O3Gcs&refer=news_inde x)

Measured pace continues ad infinitum /images/graemlins/smile.gif. Here's one thing from the article that I wonder about as I've heard similar opinions on the U.S. economy from others:

``My greatest worry is not that U.S consumption will slow; it has to, because it is being fueled by unsustainable forces,'' said Raghuram Rajan, director of the International Monetary Fund's research department, on Oct. 25. ``My worry is that it will slow abruptly, taking away a major support from world growth before other supports are in place.''

and in the next paragraph:

Growth in the U.S. economy has exceeded 3 percent for 10 straight quarters, the longest string since the 13 quarters that ended in March 1986 and the best performance among nations in the Group of Seven industrialized nations, which also includes Japan, Germany, the U.K., France, Canada and Italy.

I guess I just have a hard time understanding the bearish outlook on the U.S. economy because it appears to me that it's very strong.