PDA

View Full Version : AA pushed too hard?

Askilus
11-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Villian seems a bit loose, otherwise no good reads. $5 + $.5 at UB.

Did I pushed this to far on the river? I sometimes feel that I don't extract the maximum from my opponents with my powerhouse hands, AA, KK, AKs.

Btw, what's up with bisons converter? I get an 404 on the old URL.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

UTG (t2720)
MP (t5440)
Button (t1050)
Hero (t2135)
BB (t3655)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t300</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t225, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t750) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150.

Turn: (t1050) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets t300</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero is all in for t1685</font>, MP folds.

splashpot
11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
First of all, not raising preflop is terrible. Not raising the flop is pretty bad. If you had done either of the above, the pot would be a lot bigger on the turn and pushing would probably be fine.

Askilus
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
I can agrre that not raising PF is a big mistake. But on the flop, can you elaborate why it's that bad? The board isn't very drawish and I have position on my opponent. The big risk as I see it is that he slows down when called on the flop, and that I then are going to have problem extracting more money from him if he dosen't have a K. But what do I know? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

splashpot
11-01-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can agrre that not raising PF is a big mistake. But on the flop, can you elaborate why it's that bad? The board isn't very drawish and I have position on my opponent. The big risk as I see it is that he slows down when called on the flop, and that I then are going to have problem extracting more money from him if he dosen't have a K. But what do I know? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem with not raising the flop is that you allow him to name his price for drawing out on you. It's very possible he hit the flop for a pair with Kx. Why give him such good odds to see the turn and possibly hit 2 pair or trips?

11-01-2005, 06:45 PM
I would have raised pre-flop. Then bet again on the flop, to stop them getting a free turn card to make a possible str8 (if they are loose might have raised with J,10 to try and steal cheaply?)
Then all in on the turn, if it goes that far.

But I aint no expert!