PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better line? QJs in BB .5/1

Augster
11-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey,

I am going through my Paradise HH's and came across this. Is there any way to make more here when I'm ahead and lose less when I'm behind? Any better lines? Thanks.

Villian is 65/3/.77 after 34 hands. Fishy.

Button is a total meathead and is playing any two.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Raise here against a limper and a guy with any two?

Flop: (3.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

I was hoping it'd check through, or the knucklehead on the button would bet and I'd force out MP1. Since MP1 bet and button folded, I raised to hopefully get a free card, and to see where I'm at. And to rep the K. Any ideas?

Turn: (3.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Forgot to check to see if I could get a free card. If I was repping the K, the K would bet there, so I did after the C/R. His call on the flop told me he was weak, then his raise here SHOCKED me.

River: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Fold on the end with the busted straight draw and 2nd pair against a .77AF that raised the turn?

Thanks.

tyler_cracker
11-01-2005, 05:56 PM
You're OOP, so a free card play isn't going to work very often. After your passive fish raises the turn, you can fold. Calling the river is awful.

A raise preflop is fine and might have helped you play this hand.

The flop check-raise doesn't really do anything for you. I would just call and re-evaluate the turn.

11-01-2005, 06:33 PM
My opinions

Preflop: I think checking is fine. Your hand is more of a drawing hand than a powerhouse hand and you're OOP. Seeing a cheap flop would be nice.

Flop: Just bet the flop. If it comes back raised you can start counting outs. Check-raising accomplishes very little I think. You can't get a free card since you're OOP.

Turn: Given the flop you need to bet here. After it comes back raised I give you about 6 outs so barely have odds to call.

River: I think you're behind at this point. If I call it would be out of curiosity.