PDA

View Full Version : $10 re-buy on Poker room

Ben5505
11-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Rebuy period has just ended, I have slightly under 10k in chips. I am on button Villian in BB with 3600.

Dealt A3 spades, everyone fold to me.
Blinds are 150/300 and I raise to 600 and am re-raised by BB to 1200. I call.
Flop is Q57 with 2 spades. BB checks to me. I bet 800 into pot. BB thinks and calls. Turn is a 9d. BB checks. I bet out 1200 leaving him a lil over 600 if he calls. BB uses up entire time bar and musters up a call. River is a blank and he checks to me. I figure only chance I have to win is put him all in and hope he was on the flush draw as well?

Anyways I put him all in. I will post results after some replys.

sirpupnyc
11-01-2005, 06:05 PM
I can't see that it matters much...I don't see him folding if you bet enough to put him in, and I don't see you folding if he pushes his meager remaining stack. (Well, I see people on PR fold that kind of thing all the time, but I'm guessing you wouldn't.)

He's probably winning with something like KQ or A5 or even just AK. Or maybe some trash that's hit a little bit (T5, J7, something like that) and he doesn't believe you have a pair (which you don't).

So you're probably losing, but the money's going in, and if you put yours in first there's a small (very small, I think, but worth taking a stab at) chance he'll give up the pot.

Rduke55
11-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure what he'd fold that has you beat. Still I can't imagine him laying down to 600 in a pot of 7100 but people do crazy things.
Although this may be one of those situations where it really doesn't matter what you do. Bet the 600. At least if you win he's out and you have 600 more chips.