PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Y2K spoof episode

Phoenix1010
11-01-2005, 05:12 PM
The Simpsons- Treehouse of Horror X- "Life's a Glitch, Then You Die"

"On December 31, 1999, Dick Clark celebrates his New Year's Rockin' Eve in Springfield instead of Times Square. Homer was the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant's Y2K compliance officer, and he believes he fixed every computer at the plant—all except for one, that is—because his computer causes a series of failures. Things go haywire around town, and around the world, because a majority of things had a computer chip in them. When malfunctions happen all around the world, Bart finds a note in Krusty the Klown's shirt saying that he was selected for a mission to evacuate the Earth. There are two rockets: one heading to Mars, and another hurling for the Sun. Due to limits on board, Lisa, Marge, and Maggie go on to the one heading to Mars with many well-known celebrities, and Homer and Bart go on to the one heading for the Sun with many second-rate celebrities, including Tom Arnold, Pauly Shore, and Rosie O'Donnell. Unable to stand being with the doomed celebrities, Homer ejects himself and Bart into space, where they inflate like balloons and burst."

Family Guy- "Da Boom"

"A man in a chicken costume triggers a lengthy flashback of Peter fighting a giant chicken who gave him an expired coupon. The costumed man warns Peter about the dangers of Y2K. Peter heeds the warning and locks his family up in a bomb shelter on December 31, 1999. A nuclear holocaust occurs at the stroke of midnight: Joe Swanson is partially embedded in his own driveway, while Glen Quagmire and Cleveland Brown merge into one body (Clevemire/Quagland). Only the Griffins are unharmed. When their emergency food rations run out, the family leads a group of survivors to Natick, Massachusetts, in hopes that the Twinkie factory survived. On the way Stewie mutates into an octopus after coming into contact with nuclear waste. They establish a new society, but Peter quickly mismanages it into chaos."

South Park- "Are You There God? It's Me Jesus"

"Are You There, God? It's Me, Jesus -- Set just before New Year's Eve 1999, Cartman mistakenly interprets an intestine infection for his first period. With this grand plot device, the boys are faced with the prospect of puberty, and Stan begins to question the existence of God. In the meantime, the whole town, including Jesus, is looking for the ultimate sign from God as panic sets in about Y2K."

What's your favorite? No poll included because I'm sure there a lot more that I'm forgetting.

coffeecrazy1
11-01-2005, 05:13 PM
The correct answer is the ESPN Sportscenter Y2K test.

"Follow me...follow me to FREEDOM!" - Charley Steiner

xadrez
11-01-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct answer. Was it Big Mac bashing stuff with the bat? Hilarious.

11-01-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner, and on a side note. Why can't everyone be as cool as Sportscenter?

Exitonly
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct answer. Was it Big Mac bashing stuff with the bat? Hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

kipin
11-01-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For anyone looking for the Y2K ESPN test check it out here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/thisissportscenter/archive#

First one on the left.

CORed
11-01-2005, 05:37 PM
I don't think any of the TV shows were as funny as reality. After all the dire predictions of the end of civilization, the only noticeable problem was lots of websites displaying the year as "19100". In retrospect, a lot of the fearmongering was pretty silly. Yes, the elevator has a computer chip in it, but that computer chip doesn't really have to know what year it is to get you to the fifth floor.

Dominic
11-01-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner, and on a side note. Why can't everyone be as cool as Sportscenter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am.

schwza
11-01-2005, 06:11 PM
if it hadn't been for the horrible 5-minute chicken fight scene, it would so obviously be the family guy.

Jeebus
11-01-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if it hadn't been for the horrible 5-minute chicken fight scene, it would so obviously be the family guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the most incorrect statement I have ever read.

11-02-2005, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be the most incorrect statement I have ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man do I agree. The episode of Family Guy was great and the chicken fight scene helped the greatness of that episode tremendously. It was solid. "chicken gave me bad ccupon." Come on, you can't make this stuff up.