PDA

View Full Version : This always gives me a kick (lc)

MycroftX
11-01-2005, 04:57 PM
A little bit ago on Paradise

»Eagle014: does anyone here llike brown trout?
»M50Paul: nope
»M50Paul: thinkl they suck
»Eagle014: mycroft, do you like brown trout?
»M50Paul: brown trout is short for ???? 2+2?
»Eagle014: something like that
»M50Paul: right it is the 2+2 forum code word
»Eagle014: something like that
»M50Paul: big secret lol
»Eagle014: that or sup bro
<font color="red">»MycroftX: euhg</font>
»Eagle014: its not really a secret
<font color="red">»MycroftX: discreet</font>
»M50Paul: i know
<font color="red">»MycroftX: yer missing the point</font>
»M50Paul: so why the discretion?
»M50Paul: craack me up
»Eagle014: its just somethng 2+2ers say when they see each other at a table
»M50Paul: i see I use the forum all the time
<font color="red">»MycroftX: and they do it for a reason</font>
»Eagle014: this paradise software sucks
<font color="red">»MycroftX: which clearly neither of you understand</font>
»M50Paul: lol for sure
»M50Paul: tghere is a long post on the forum if you search that discusses it
<font color="red">»MycroftX: well I'm out goodluck chatty kathy's </font>

MyTurn2Raise
11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
yep...anytime I get suspicious and use the brown trout/ sup bro to get a response...they respond, 'oh another 2p2er'

So, I've stopped bothering with it.

grouchie
11-01-2005, 05:23 PM
i will never understand the secrecy of it.
if you want to improve your game you will eventually find this place, that is my opinion.
If you do not want to improve your game, even if you find this place it will not help you.

I could tell every player at the table to check out the site and I don't think it would really make a lick of difference.
They will come here, have people bash them for being under bankrolled, playing above their limits, playing crappy hands even though they know that KT is a good hand from any position.
They will also see lots of abbreviations and stuff that they can't figure out. PTBB/100, VP$IP, PFR.
If anything, they will get scared that there are people who are able to track how they play and have information on them.

MycroftX
11-01-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i will never understand the secrecy of it.
if you want to improve your game you will eventually find this place, that is my opinion.
If you do not want to improve your game, even if you find this place it will not help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me it's more to stay out of someones way.

[ QUOTE ]
I've stopped bothering with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, I only ever respond to it.

moondogg
11-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah, but few things will clear a good table of fish faster than a pair of pseudo-2+2 know-it-alls who are using all sorts of "smart" talk and harassing people about their VP$IP.

IMHO, it's not a matter of keeping people away from 2+2, it's matter of not making the donators feel uneasy.

MycroftX
11-01-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
IMHO, it's not a matter of keeping people away from 2+2, it's matter of not making the donators feel uneasy.

[/ QUOTE ]

krimson
11-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I think a 3rd person chiming in (ie: you) and trying to "protect the secret" just makes things worse.

MycroftX
11-01-2005, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think a 3rd person chiming in (ie: you) and trying to "protect the secret" just makes things worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well like grouchie said, You could tell people at a table to read a book, and it probably wont make much difference. If someone wants to improve their game they will eventually find this place, or buy a book ect.

like I already said, for me it's more about recognizing a fellow 2+2'er. Don't get me wrong though, if I have to butt heads with a 2+2'er I will. It's all about money in the end.

I'm in college, I have to buy beer somehow.