PDA

View Full Version : check/call flop, lead turn

schwza
11-01-2005, 04:27 PM
do not remember reads. 100+9.

***** Hand History for Game 2960728037 *****
15/30 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 17032449) - Mon Oct 31 19:09:04 EST 2005
Table $30,000 Guaranteed(500409) Table 6 (Real Money) -- Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: rob42359 (1155)
Seat 2: HERO (925)
Seat 3: wilfred888 (1000)
Seat 4: Astrolux85 (925)
Seat 5: Flying_Nutz (865)
Seat 6: moesman1 (1335)
Seat 7: Logan76 (960)
Seat 8: pastika (830)
Seat 9: biftaraf (975)
Seat 10: flushdrawme (1030)
rob42359 posts small blind (10)
HERO posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ 3c, 2h ]
wilfred888 folds.
Astrolux85 folds.
Flying_Nutz folds.
moesman1 folds.
Logan76 folds.
pastika folds.
biftaraf folds.
flushdrawme calls (15)
rob42359 folds.
HERO checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3s, 2d, 7s ]
HERO bets (25)
flushdrawme raises (70) to 70
HERO calls (45)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 5d ]
HERO bets (120)

Sam T.
11-01-2005, 04:37 PM
You're having a tough time with subject lines the last couple of days. You bet/called the flop. More coffee is in order. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

With garbage on the board and in the BB, I'll do this from the BB with a handful of air. If he comes over the top you have to dump it of course, but I think at this point he's getting frisky with (at best) a draw of some sort. Villains fold this all the time, so I think it's +EV in the long-term.

Your plan if he calls and the river is a spade, 4, 6, or 8?

People_Mover
11-01-2005, 05:08 PM
I like the turn bet. If you check and he checks behind, you feel like saying "oof"

schwza
11-01-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're having a tough time with subject lines the last couple of days. You bet/called the flop. More coffee is in order. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i read this literally as i was getting back to my desk with a cup of coffee in hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If he comes over the top you have to dump it of course,

[/ QUOTE ]

are you misreading the hand? i promise i'll use bisonbison as soon as it's back up.

Sam T.
11-01-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i read this literally as i was getting back to my desk with a cup of coffee in hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

If he comes over the top you have to dump it of course,

[/ QUOTE ]

are you misreading the hand? i promise i'll use bisonbison as soon as it's back up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you looking at Bison's Czech site or Selechain? The Czech one was working yesterday.

Am I misreading the hand? If he pushes over your bet, I think you have to give him credit for a six. You have bottom two pair, and the cards I mentioned would make a str8 or flush very possible.

schwza
11-01-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With garbage on the board and in the BB, I'll do this from the BB with a handful of air. If he comes over the top you have to dump it of course, but I think at this point he's getting frisky with (at best) a draw of some sort. Villains fold this all the time, so I think it's +EV in the long-term.

[/ QUOTE ]

blech, this thread is a freakin' mess. you say here that if he comes over the top on the turn, i have to dump it. i have 2 pair in a heads up pot against an open button-limper with no one-card straights or flushes possible. you really want to think about folding the turn?

dmk
11-01-2005, 05:28 PM
ya, i'm hoping he raises because i like to be a push-monster

schwza
11-01-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ya, i'm hoping he raises because i like to be a push-monster

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think of the flop?

dmk
11-01-2005, 05:34 PM
its fine. he's more likely to play back at you if you donkbet the turn than if you 3-bet/lead. most times he'll end up folding something like K9 whereas there's a chance he'll raise on the turn thinking you're trying to get a cheap(er) river card.

JustPlayingSmart
11-01-2005, 05:39 PM
I would normally just 3-bet the flop here, but I like this idea. This is a great hand for this move. Very nice play.

Sam T.
11-01-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

blech, this thread is a freakin' mess. you say here that if he comes over the top on the turn, i have to dump it. i have 2 pair in a heads up pot against an open button-limper with no one-card straights or flushes possible. you really want to think about folding the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm a dunce. Sorry to ruin your thread.