PDA

View Full Version : Firepay questions

Yads
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey guys can you tell me what the differences are between Firepay and Neteller? Are there any specific benefits to either if you're Canadian? I have a Neteller account, but I had recently gotten a promo email stating that Firepay is now available in Canada.

istewart
11-01-2005, 04:45 PM
I have a Firepay account because Neteller [censored] me over.

Differences as I've seen/heard are:

$3.99 charge to transfer money from bank to Firepay account, which [censored] sucks if you do it frequently.

You can't withdraw from Party or ex-skins into Firepay.

A few sites don't have Firepay as a payment method (they might now but did not a little while ago).

sammy_g
11-02-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't withdraw to Firepay even if that was your deposit method? Um, how do you get your money out? Check?

Mister Z
11-02-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can't withdraw to Firepay even if that was your deposit method? Um, how do you get your money out? Check?

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

rt1
11-02-2005, 01:23 AM
correct, check by mail.

El Ishmael
11-02-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Withdraw to your bank account via echecks or somesuch.

blackize
11-02-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IGMpay

LoveDub
11-02-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys can you tell me what the differences are between Firepay and Neteller? Are there any specific benefits to either if you're Canadian? I have a Neteller account, but I had recently gotten a promo email stating that Firepay is now available in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try UseMyBank, it's a payment mechanism tied into Internet Banking in Canada.

BartHanson
11-02-2005, 05:05 AM
I think that I am missing something here. I use firepay to deposit into Stars and absolute because Neteller charges me a ridiculous % of my deposit fee (something like 8%) each time I try to go directly from bank account to Neteller. If you use a credit card is it different?

sammy_g
11-02-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IGMpay

[/ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it make sense to desposit through IGMpay then? Why use Firepay at all for funding Party?

Sorry if these are dumb questions. I've only used NETeller.

sammy_g
11-02-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that I am missing something here. I use firepay to deposit into Stars and absolute because Neteller charges me a ridiculous % of my deposit fee (something like 8%) each time I try to go directly from bank account to Neteller. If you use a credit card is it different?

[/ QUOTE ]
NETeller only charges that fee if you use InstaCash, which is essentially a temporary loan until your deposit clears. If you do basic EFTs (no InstaCash), there is no fee.

BartHanson
11-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Ah I see. This is the option that takes 4-5 business days to clear? I guess I was really spoiled by IGM pay. If your first few deposits clear without incident will they then credit your account immediately for each subsequent transfer?

LoveDub
11-03-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ah I see. This is the option that takes 4-5 business days to clear? I guess I was really spoiled by IGM pay. If your first few deposits clear without incident will they then credit your account immediately for each subsequent transfer?

[/ QUOTE ]

There might still be some poker rooms that pay the InstaCash fee, but I doubt it. NETeller must have recently upped the %.

blackize
11-03-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it make sense to desposit through IGMpay then? Why use Firepay at all for funding Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Valid point. I play on other sites as well though and usually when I deposit it is because I have pulled some money out of one of those sites and it is already sitting in Firepay. I live in MD so I can't use Neteller