PDA

View Full Version : Just a curious bankroll question...

11-01-2005, 03:55 PM
Hey everyone, I am just curious. I started playing limits about 2-3 weeks ago after reading small stakes hold'em. I recently searched around on here for where the best/softest game was for micro limits and found my way to party poker. I deposited into party for only $50 just to see how i did on .50/1 and ended up building my initial deposit to $120 and now all i am is up and down from $120 cant seem to get higher, but i know i have only played about 1500 hands or so.

But my question is what was your initial deposit and what limit you play, mainly looking for people who play 1/2 or .50/1 And what have you built your bankroll up to after an estimate of how many hands...

I dont know if i will get flamed for asking about peoples bankrolls but I'm just curious on how many people can keep building and building, I just get A LOT of suckouts, but thats the norm for these limits...

milesdyson
11-01-2005, 03:58 PM
you are under-rolled for the game. if you continue to play .50/1, there is a good chance you will lose your bankroll (this may not matter if you're willing to continually deposit more money). $300 is the right sized bankroll for .50/1 (300 times the big bet).

11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Im in a similar situation to you, but i think my game just needs work. One of my friends can sit and play and pick up on things that I miss, and he is a winning poker player. So, I take this as a sign that I am missing something from my game that will only come from experience and research. I started out with $100 at party about two months ago and now I'm somewhere around $200, but i just took a big loss. Gotta start somewhere....

lautzutao
11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Are you feeling ok?

11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are under-rolled for the game. if you continue to play .50/1, there is a good chance you will lose your bankroll (this may not matter if you're willing to continually deposit more money). $300 is the right sized bankroll for .50/1 (300 times the big bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh i know i am under rolled for it and i know the 300 BB rule, i just deposited $50 because thats all I felt comfortable with being able to go in my back yard and burn incase limit wasnt my game. I am mainly a No Limit player, but i like playing it more in live games than online...

11-01-2005, 06:06 PM
also, how much does everyone sit in with on a .50/1? I usually sit down with ~25-35

deception5
11-01-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh i know i am under rolled for it and i know the 300 BB rule, i just deposited $50 because thats all I felt comfortable with being able to go in my back yard and burn incase limit wasnt my game. I am mainly a No Limit player, but i like playing it more in live games than online...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you only want to play with $50 you could consider moving to a lower limit - PokerStars has .25/.50 and lower which you'd be rolled for and then you could move up. I started with $20 at .05/.10 as have many others here. If you are willing to replenish your bankroll then it's not a big issue.

milesdyson
11-01-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, how much does everyone sit in with on a .50/1? I usually sit down with ~25-35

[/ QUOTE ]
as long as you have enough to go all-in on any given hand, it doesn't really matter. 25-35 isfine for .50/1. 20 big bets is what i usually do (i often have to rebuy, but i don't mind).

deception5
11-01-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually sit with twice the recommended buyin, so $50 at .50/1. I hate having to worry about running out of chips and it is disheartening when I have less than 12BB left at the table.

Reqtech
11-01-2005, 06:22 PM
One other thing to keep in mind is that a long term winner can make a solid 3-4 BB/100 at the .5/1 tables. Not sure if you're multitabling or not, but this means that you will be building up your roll slowly (but hopefully consistently!)

Suckouts are a part of limit...get used to it and be glad that people are calling to the river with gutshots and bottom pairs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

11-01-2005, 06:32 PM
I deposited into pokerstars to play micros like .25/.50 but I am using poker tracker and PA HUD. I couldnt figure out how to get PA to have all the stats lined up under the names, they would just go random, as would the mucked cards at showdown and i didnt know whose was whose. I like party better because it functions with those two programs much easier to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

I can post stats from poker tracker if you guys would like to look at them and tell me how to post the graphs i see...

Reqtech
11-01-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I deposited into pokerstars to play micros like .25/.50 but I am using poker tracker and PA HUD. I couldnt figure out how to get PA to have all the stats lined up under the names, they would just go random, as would the mucked cards at showdown and i didnt know whose was whose. I like party better because it functions with those two programs much easier to me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong??

I can post stats from poker tracker if you guys would like to look at them and tell me how to post the graphs i see...

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same problem moving to stars: not reading the pokerace hud documentation. Right click the table name in PAHud and select "6 max"

Voila!

11-01-2005, 06:36 PM
i have done that, but i was playing full ring and i had it all configured but it still wouldnt work right...