PDA

View Full Version : What's my play? Shirt compliment.

11-01-2005, 03:45 PM
A girl in my class, let's call her WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE gave me a compliment on a hoodie of mine. It's a Perfect Victim Records hoodie that says "We're All In." Anyways, I asked her if she meant the label or the poker reference, and she said the label. This girl does NOT look like she is into hardcore music. Anyways, we talked for a minute or two and parted ways or whatever.

Since I have no idea if she likes hardcore music or likes me, what is my play with WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE?

pokerdirty
11-01-2005, 03:46 PM
gd;ch

CollinEstes
11-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Continue talking to her over the next couple days if possible. Just chit chat stuff then just ask her out, if she likes you then you are in, if not then no harm no foul.

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 03:48 PM
Sigh. She just told you she was into hardcore by saying she recognized the label. But the correct answer is to burn a CD of a band that is similar to the bands on that label (but is obscure) and give it to her. Preferrably a band that is coming to town soon...yadda yadda yadda...extra ticket..yadda yadda.

jakethebake
If you think she's way out of your league then she is. With that said, for God's sake she complimented a hoodie? Who the hell compliments a hoodie? She clearly was looking for a reason to talk to you. Bang her until she stops breathing.

xadrez
go home, masturbate furiously

CollinEstes
11-01-2005, 03:49 PM
NOOOOOOOOO CDS.

That is lame.

MrTrik
11-01-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think she's way out of your league then she is. With that said, for God's sake she complimented a hoodie? Who the hell compliments a hoodie? She clearly was looking for a reason to talk to you. Bang her until she stops breathing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then see if you can still get some head.

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NOOOOOOOOO CDS.

That is lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worked for me in College? If this is lame now then, cripes, just ask her out? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-01-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically what I'm going to go for.

She also said the following:

-she likes my party poker hoodie
-she likes my have heart hoodie
-she likes my EDGE hoodie

AKA she complimented more clothing.

Also, she said she didn't want to sound like a stalker.

Ok, I have plans. This is a lock.

PS Yeah, I'm an idiot. I needed you guys to tell me that.

MarkL444
11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
your play is to make sure you talk to her again next class. you don't want to have a few classes or weeks go by and then talk to her again. it wont work.

FouTight
11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
a hoodie fetish?

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Why does anyone have this many hoodies? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your play is to make sure you talk to her again next class. you don't want to have a few classes or weeks go by and then talk to her again. it wont work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to her? You need to ask her out when you see her.

11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't dress super nice or anything. Not much of a preppy.

I have like 9 hoodies...

ALSO, this is a nonfiction writing class. Next Thursday Michael Ondaatje is speaking on campus. Good idea to ask her out to this?

xadrez
11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then I hope youre not circumsized

asofel
11-01-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically what I'm going to go for.

AKA she complimented more clothing.

Also, she said she didn't want to sound like a stalker.

Ok, I have plans. This is a lock.

PS Yeah, I'm an idiot. I needed you guys to tell me that.

[/ QUOTE ]

man.......what more do you want her to say? ok, you know you're an idiot, its been confirmed, now get to it....

and if i hear back "so she asked to nail me in the bathroom but i said its wrong for girls to be in the mens one" i will SCKY /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
ALSO, this is a nonfiction writing class. Next Thursday Michael Ondaatje is speaking on campus. Good idea to ask her out to this?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't date much fdo you? Do they serve alcohol at these things?

vulturesrow
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jake,

Your first post in this thread and this one I quoted are possibly the two most brilliant things youve written on 2p2.

krimson
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have about 4 or 5 different hoodies I wear. Is this abnormal?

astroglide
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

great post. 'furiously' is the perfect word to use.

vulturesrow
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For anyone over the age of 12, yes. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

swede123
11-01-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jake,

Your first post in this thread and this one I quoted are possibly the two most brilliant things youve written on 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pfft, you just want to make him feel better about you beating him to the "witty" response in the Ghana thread.

Swede

MarkL444
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i do too.

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jake, Your first post in this thread and this one I quoted are possibly the two most brilliant things youve written on 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. I've been a little off for one reason or another the past couple of months. All behind me now. I'm finding my stride again. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

razor
[ QUOTE ]
I have like 9 hoodies...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about 10 too many.

edit: also, don't be this guy (http://tinyurl.com/c5wck)

Exitonly
clearly the correct answer here is:

[ QUOTE ]
Bang her until she stops breathing.

[/ QUOTE ]

11-01-2005, 04:06 PM
When did hooded sweatshirts become "hoodies"? I must be getting old.

swede123
11-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Yes, you are. Even Jake knew what this word referred to.

Swede

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I only recently became familiar with this term thanks to 00T.

11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I must say thank you all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I feel much better.

We will go see that dude speak, and then BANG FURIOUSLY.

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP doesn't drink.

11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP doesn't drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha how did you know this?

Warik
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is my play with WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do, DO NOT ASK HER OUT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

If you do and she says no, you might die.

Or worse, your classmates might find out about it and you'll have to live the rest of your life SUFFERING because EVERYONE knows you like girls.

Don't risk it.

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OP doesn't drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't alking about alcohol for him.

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP doesn't drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were wearing a SXE hoodie; not a hard read.

TheMainEvent
11-01-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what is my play with WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you do, DO NOT ASK HER OUT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

If you do and she says no, you might die.

Or worse, your classmates might find out about it and you'll have to live the rest of your life SUFFERING because EVERYONE knows you like girls.

Don't risk it.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

11-01-2005, 04:13 PM
This thread rules, and it is all at my expense. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

astroglide
11-01-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they didn't, it's just a term gay people use

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You were wearing a SXE hoodie; not a hard read.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is SXE?

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Sorry. Straight Edge.

swede123
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Just look it up on Urban Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=SXE) , Jake. Kinda goofy stuff if you ask me.

Swede

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooohhh.... I'm not even entirely clear on what this is. I hear things about it so I think I kind of know, but I'm not really entirely sure.

housenuts
a girl complimented this shirt of mine. i proceded to bang her later that night. just keep the convo alive.
http://www.headstrong.co.uk/multimedia/catalog/NEWDEAL/zy0107.jpg

11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Let X = the number of compliments about trivial things such as clothes.

If x is a positive integer greater than or equal to 2, then the chance that she likes you is greater than or equal to .5

As x approaches positive infiniti, the chance that she likes you increases as well.

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a girl complimented this shirt of mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. That one was pretty much a dead giveaway.

diebitter
11-01-2005, 04:35 PM
In my experience, a women complimenting something you're wearing really means she's complimenting you. Always.

MrTrik
11-01-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a girl complimented this shirt of mine. i proceded to bang her later that night. just keep the convo alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was sarcasm. She thinks you are a douche.

tdarko
11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
OP acting like a douche+ jake and a few others giving grade A responese= 5 star thread. thank you.

Dominic
11-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Go home, rub one out while thinking of her lil teenage boobies, and afterwards, play a $5 SNG.

BoogerFace
11-01-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cripes

[/ QUOTE ]

You said cripes.

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cripes

[/ QUOTE ]

You said cripes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started to ask what a cripe was anyway, but decided to Google it. Apparently it is the Center for Responsible Indigenous People towards Empowerment (Philipines).

Colonel Kataffy
11-01-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, doesn't this mean that you don't have sex, thus making this entire thread moot.

tonypaladino
11-01-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best reply in this thread.

BoogerFace
11-01-2005, 06:14 PM
http://www.80stees.com/images/products/dumb_dumber_cripes.jpg

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second, doesn't this mean that you don't have sex, thus making this entire thread moot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently most SXE kids forgot the what the third x stands for. But..let's remember it's casual sex, sex within a committed relationship is acceptable.

I'll use this space to say that no one ever stays Straight Edge. Ever. Hopefully you're not one of those guys who falls off the deep end when you do.

samjjones
11-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Maybe you can wear this one next...
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/183/18859685ftn5cx.jpg

siccjay
11-01-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, 10 years ago?

11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently most SXE kids forgot the what the third x stands for. But..let's remember it's casual sex, sex within a committed relationship is acceptable.

I'll use this space to say that no one ever stays Straight Edge. Ever. Hopefully you're not one of those guys who falls off the deep end when you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to talk about my views and interpretations of straight edge on this forum of all places!

Apparently she likes hardcore but dresses preppy. My dream girl.

siccjay
11-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Dude, no girl is out of your league. Especially ones that compliment you repeatedly.

This girl is gonna think you are a weirdo if you don't act soon. You are a funny guy, charm her. Just remember shes just a little bunny and you have BIG [censored] CLAWS. (Sorry I watched Swingers again last night)

Be yourself and don't sway from this. Ask her to go do something fun. Be creative.

Rduke55
11-01-2005, 06:37 PM
But Straight Edge allows gambling?

Eurotrash
11-01-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is seriously going on in this thread. I've read the entire thing, part of it two and three times and I still can't even figure this SXE [censored] out. is it some kind of pseudo-hardcore wannabe cult where you act tough but really don't drink and/or have premarital sex?

this all sounds very gay, I really hope I'm not right.

and you sure do have a lot of hooded sweatshirts.

11-01-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell is seriously going on in this thread. I've read the entire thing, part of it two and three times and I still can't even figure this SXE [censored] out. is it some kind of pseudo-hardcore wannabe cult where you act tough but really don't drink and/or have premarital sex?

[/ QUOTE ]

Straight edge is kind of a "movement" in the hardcore scene. It's really, really, really lame. Kids act like sex is the worst thing ever and act "militant" about drinking and smoking.

I'm not being sarcastic. It really is lame.

For me, it's a personal thing. I only call myself straight edge because I believe in the way it is supposed to be. Basically, to me, all it means is to have a clear mind at all times so you can make proper judgements and good decisions. I don't drink, don't smoke, and don't take medicine unless I'm prescribed it. The medicine thing is just because people get out of control with taking simple things like Tylenol, and it rips your stomach apart.

I'm a fun-loving dude. I'm not a stiff because I don't drink or smoke. Everyone else can do whatever they want. I just do what I think is right for me.

Hopefully everyone realizes that not all straight edge hardcore kids are idiots--there are a few decent ones.

Eurotrash
11-01-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Straight edge is kind of a "movement" in the hardcore scene. It's really, really, really lame. Kids act like sex is the worst thing ever and act "militant" about drinking and smoking.

For me, it's a personal thing. I only call myself straight edge because I believe in the way it is supposed to be. Basically, to me, all it means is to have a clear mind at all times so you can make proper judgements and good decisions. I don't drink, don't smoke, and don't take medicine unless I'm prescribed it. The medicine thing is just because people get out of control with taking simple things like Tylenol, and it rips your stomach apart.

I'm a fun-loving dude. I'm not a stiff because I don't drink or smoke. Everyone else can do whatever they want. I just do what I think is right for me.

Hopefully everyone realizes that not all straight edge hardcore kids are idiots--there are a few decent ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this sounds like the gayest thing since Emo. I would guess that it even eclipses Emo.

don't let me get you down, though. I'd say keep after this chick, and before you even know it you guys will be listening to Taking Back Sunday together and scoffing at how alcohol users and people who take OTC medicine are sooo lame and brainwashed by the political machine that terrorizes our country /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to talk about my views and interpretations of straight edge on this forum of all places!

Apparently she likes hardcore but dresses preppy. My dream girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize there is a ton of (current and former) hardcore kids here, right?

Lucas/Mason/MMBTONE/Paluka off the top of my head.

B Dids
11-01-2005, 07:58 PM
I know of so many idiot kids who basically called themselves SXE as a way to make being that one guy who didn't drink sound cool and try and have some solidarity with other people who didn't drink.

Every single one of these kids eventually realized that MADD was kinda on some bullshit and started drinking, and typically were more [censored] up and stupid than everybody else who had some experience with it before they were 21.

Having a clear mind all of the time is REALLY [censored] overrated.

zephed
11-01-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

great post. 'furiously' is the perfect word to use.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's redundant.

Yeti
11-01-2005, 08:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go home, rub one out while thinking of her lil teenage boobies, and afterwards, play a $5 SNG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. I know it was done similarly above, but, POTY.

B Dids
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardcore is such a vague word to describe a specific music scene. I was on the bus the other day and people were debating the merits of "hardcore vs. indie" as if both of those terms were anything more than broad terms that are used over several different genres.

housenuts
11-01-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif
i don't understand your reply

Voltron87
11-01-2005, 09:17 PM
compliment her... duh

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif
i don't understand your reply

[/ QUOTE ]

If she's complimenting that shirt, it's pretty obvious what she wants. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
11-01-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hardcore is such a vague word to describe a specific music scene. I was on the bus the other day and people were debating the merits of "hardcore vs. indie" as if both of those terms were anything more than broad terms that are used over several different genres.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only vague if you were never in it. I agree 100% though.

Read my post in the hardcore thread if you feel like it, I tried to explain as best as I could. Actually I may bump this in a few days to add a song. ..anyway the perfect example of the diverseness of the scene is The Get Up Kids and Coalesce; both are/were "hardcore" and could not sound any different. To the unlearned it would sound like emo vs metal.

Sorry, overly enthused about the topic. meh. labels suck.

housenuts
11-01-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If she's complimenting that shirt, it's pretty obvious what she wants. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, if you're trying to say that shirt is no good i've actually had comments on it from at least 3 girls at the bar. they seem to like it...so do i

MarkSummers
11-01-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Straight Edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people who are edge are just sheep, not me, I do it for personal reasons. Not to be a dick but this is every edge kid's standard response.

also, the sooner you realize this the better but, marijuana and alcohol can be good.

TheMainEvent
11-01-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, if you're trying to say that shirt is no good i've actually had comments on it from at least 3 girls at the bar. they seem to like it...so do i

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes 4 of us

11-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Update:

Saw her in the computer lab today, told her we should hang out some time. She said when. Kept the conversation short and sweet.

YAHTZEE.