PDA

View Full Version : ot: who's in nyc?

citanul
11-01-2005, 03:40 PM
i've actually been in and out of ny for a month now, so it's pretty pathetic i haven't put up a post yet, so i think i should get to that now.

i know a bunch of you all are in the city and surrounding areas, so i wanted to gauge some interest for food or drinks or something stupid along the entertainment lines, sometime in the near future.

basically just reply here if you have any interest, and we'll work on getting an off board contact going so that we can work out the details without driving people nuts.

c

pokerdirty
11-01-2005, 03:41 PM
/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Exitonly
11-01-2005, 03:42 PM
in jersey, but might be interested in a trip to the city for something.

pooh74
11-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I PM'd you already you slacker...I was thinking this would be a good idea...just no 2am trips to SAT Club etc...

Hornacek
11-01-2005, 03:44 PM
In Manhattan...

I'd also be down for a Foxwoods or AC trip.

nyc999
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
In Manhattan, moving to northern NJ in a few weeks.

citanul
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I PM'd you already you slacker...I was thinking this would be a good idea...just no 2am trips to SAT Club etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i thought about putting in a little note for the people i've already pmed with, but that seemed extraneous or some junk.

i was thinking of nothing very poker related at all, except maybe discussion.

food, drink, sport, womenz are viable types of things.

a trip to fw or ac is reasonable too, but different i think.

c

pooh74
11-01-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i thought about putting in a little note for the people i've already pmed with, but that seemed extraneous or some junk.

i was thinking of nothing very poker related at all, except maybe discussion.

food, drink, sport, womenz are viable types of things.

a trip to fw or ac is reasonable too, but different i think.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same...Dont much feel like making a big trek out of NY right now...In the mood for some beers and just general smack talking (smack talking reserved for the ladies obviously, thats how I roll /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

pooh74
11-01-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in jersey, but might be interested in a trip to the city for something.

[/ QUOTE ]

We annexed you last week...come in, you're getting involved.

MegaBet
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
I was living in NYC up until a few months ago.

citanul
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's totally unhelpful information to this thread.

c

Paul Thomson
11-01-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm down.

Paul Thomson
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Is there a chance that curtains would make a cameo for such a night in his old stompin grounds?

citanul
11-01-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a chance that curtains would make a cameo for such a night in his old stompin grounds?

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's in philly, it's unlikely.

haven't seen curtains around 2p2 lately that much either. wonder what happened with the girly?

Hornacek
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
When's this going down?

Pasterbator
11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Exit, where do you live in Jersey?? I'm from Monmouth county. .. going to school at Ramapo College. You anywhere near me?

citanul
11-01-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When's this going down?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is your second post in this thread in an hour and you didn't read the top post closely enough to see that the time was to be arranged later?

c

Hornacek
11-01-2005, 04:22 PM
Whoops. My bust.

Regardless, I feel like an actual outing should be planned ahead of time, so people can give more definite yes/no answers. Right now its just a "i live here, yay, i'll go" with no concrete 'tails.

MegaBet
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, and I also knew you'd jump all over me like a bad rash for it. Stop being so predictable /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Degen
11-01-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

vbsing is fun

i was living in los angeles up until a few months ago..is that helpful information?

citanul
11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

vbsing is fun

i was living in los angeles up until a few months ago..is that helpful information?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends. do you now live in ny?

citanul
11-01-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoops. My bust.

Regardless, I feel like an actual outing should be planned ahead of time, so people can give more definite yes/no answers. Right now its just a "i live here, yay, i'll go" with no concrete 'tails.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thought is much different, and i think better, but you can feel free to point out a flaw if you find one.

1) find out who's around and would want to do *something* in general, possibly gather off board contact information

2) now knowing who's interested in doing something, try to plan something that the largest number of people both want to do and can attend.

3) drink

c

sofere
11-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I'm down...I wouldn't mind putting some faces to the flames...errr...I mean names

Degen
11-01-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

vbsing is fun

[/ QUOTE ]

depends. do you now live in ny?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope

Hornacek
11-01-2005, 04:28 PM
3) sounds great. 2) sounds like a pain in the ass to plan and accomodate to most people, but if you want to plan this for us, I'm all for it.

durron597
11-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Long Island, 40 minute train ride from NYC.

Edit: go on AIM

citanul
11-01-2005, 04:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Long Island, 40 minute train ride from NYC.

Edit: go on AIM

[/ QUOTE ]

can't go on IM, am at work and soros firewalls the [censored] out of this place.

i'm heading home though a bit early, so i'll be on for a bit, might even play some p*ker.

c

ps: what part of LI? i've got mad family in great neck.

durron597
11-01-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

can't go on IM, am at work and soros firewalls the [censored] out of this place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to try this (http://www.http-tunnel.com/html/)

At the very least, read your PMs /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Exitonly
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exit, where do you live in Jersey?? I'm from Monmouth county. .. going to school at Ramapo College. You anywhere near me?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm in jackson, on the border of lakewood.

Hornacek
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Is that HTTP Tunnel supposed to bypass his firewall? I'm confused.

Exitonly
11-01-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

durron597
11-01-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My current company doesn't block anything. It's awesome.

My last company didn't block the AIM IPs, but it blocked anything that wasn't an HTTP or an FTP request. So you could go to the AIM site but you couldn't use the software.

An HTTP Tunneler makes all internet traffic look like HTTP traffic, getting around this.

pooh74
11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My last company didn't block the AIM IPs, but it blocked anything that wasn't an HTTP or an FTP request. So you could go to the AIM site but you couldn't use the software.

An HTTP Tunneler makes all internet traffic look like HTTP traffic, getting around this.

[/ QUOTE ]

In any regard...AIM express should work for most right? i.e. I can use the express at work bc there is no software to download.

Hornacek
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In any regard...AIM express should work for most right? i.e. I can use the express at work bc there is no software to download.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the same regard, is there any way my company can find out that I am indeed using this Tunneler and would they care about it? Does it leave any cookies or session variables, or change the registry at all?

pokerlaw
11-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm in NYC, and I like drinking.

does it matter that I've never lived in California /images/graemlins/confused.gif

durron597
11-01-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In the same regard, is there any way my company can find out that I am indeed using this Tunneler and would they care about it? Does it leave any cookies or session variables, or change the registry at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

My company wasn't happy when they realized I had gotten AIM working on my machine, that's one way.

Also if they are monitoring network traffic and/or look at installed software on your machine they could figure it out.

2Fast2Furious
11-01-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm in NYC and I drink like a fish (and play like one too!)

pokerdirty
11-01-2005, 06:03 PM
did you have a bar/place in mind?

mshalen
11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
NYC burbs in NJ. I'm ready.

Unoriginalname
11-01-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm upstate in Albany (about 2 1/2 hours from NYC) but I'd consider making the trip if someone was willing to supply a couch/floorspace to sleep.

pooh74
11-01-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in NYC, and I like drinking.

does it matter that I've never lived in California /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes you better actually

11-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Um, would any of this be happening around christmas?

Im driving up to mass, through ct/ny to see family around the 18th, I'll be there till christmas day, it would be really cool to hang out.

Only been to the city three times, one of which I was barely sober enough to remember... all I can remember clearly was that times square was built in such a way that there was this cold-ass wind whipping through it the whole time.

adanthar
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he's in philly, it's unlikely.

haven't seen curtains around 2p2 lately that much either. wonder what happened with the girly?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's also in Philly and they have a dog and stuff.

I'm now in Astoria (yay!) but with no steady internet access until the 8'th (boo!) PM me after that, I'm down for drinks etc.

citanul
11-01-2005, 08:14 PM
did she get the water dog she wanted?

ilya
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
i'm in brooklyn. will be gone weekend before thanksgiving, otherwise any time is good. i think that whatever we do it should involve both drinking and super-deep-stack poker.

durron597
11-01-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm in brooklyn. will be gone weekend before thanksgiving, otherwise any time is good. i think that whatever we do it should involve both drinking and super-deep-stack poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

You go on AIM too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul
11-01-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if by super deep stack poker you mean .01/.02 mixed games, then yes. i agree.

i don't know of a great venue for this, while i know bars in chicago that'll let you play cards, i don't know many in ny... hm. we'll have to figure this out. tomorrow at some point i'll start compiling a little bit of a list of who's in for what and make a post.

c

pooh74
11-01-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, thats not deep stack...

durron597
11-01-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is if everyone has 10000xBB in front of them.

durron597
11-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Ooh, a poll in a thread. The first weekend in December seems best for both me and Cit right now.

pooh74
11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

c

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is if everyone has 10000xBB in front of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was making a joke about my roll...Do I have to explain everything?? 93o=good ...pooh's roll=bad

11-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Soros? Is that THE soros? Do you work for him if you don't mind me asking?

nyc999
11-01-2005, 11:58 PM
If there's enough people you can probably reserve a private room in a bar, which should allow card games.

In the spring/summer/fall, the Beer Garden is Astoria is perfect for card playing. I've had several home games move there late night.

pergesu
11-02-2005, 12:16 AM
I lived in Rochester like two years ago

Voltron87
11-02-2005, 12:26 AM
i live in nyc, i would be interested in a meetup thing. shoot me a pm citanul.

sofere
11-02-2005, 10:12 AM
CFA exam December 3...sounds like a good way to get [censored]faced afterwards.

Exitonly
11-02-2005, 12:24 PM
are there any other people interested in this that are <21?

if so, maybe a location other than a bar would be better, as i 'm pretty sure that i'm not getting in. (As i look ~15)

citanul
11-02-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are there any other people interested in this that are <21?

if so, maybe a location other than a bar would be better, as i 'm pretty sure that i'm not getting in. (As i look ~15)

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking that we should find a restaurant of some sort and get some food and have a good time, most likely get a private room or something. people who aren't 21 don't have to drink, they can just have a good time sober. that's cool too. we might have to find some other local to do pokering in if we decide to do pokering though.

anyways, busy right now, but more will happen wrt this later today.

c

burningyen
11-02-2005, 02:35 PM
I'm in NYC and am interested, especially if there's poker involved.

Roman
11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
I live in the city and would be up for it.