PDA

View Full Version : New Format Complaint

RacersEdge
11-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Maybe been said, but why does it take you to some reply in the middle of the thread when you are opening the thread for the very firt time??

d10
11-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Because it goes to the first reply posted since the last time you logged on, I guess assuming that every time you log on you keep current with every thread on here. I don't like it either.

Warik
11-01-2005, 01:54 PM
It should go to the first reply since the last time you visited the thread, not since you log on.

Sucks to be reading the first post in a long thread for the first time and then having it automatically jump to the bottom when the page is done loading.

manpower
11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
You can get around this by leaving a window open to 2+2 all day every day. I think that's what most of us do anyway.

d10
11-01-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It should go to the first reply since the last time you visited the thread, not since you log on.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be nice, but would probably require setting a new cookie for every thread you look at, which probably isn't worth the resources.

RacersEdge
11-01-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be nice, but would probably require setting a new cookie for every thread you look at, which probably isn't worth the resources.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before, the replies you haven't read were in bold, so they were already flagged already.

jakethebake
11-01-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can get around this by leaving a window open to 2+2 all day every day. I think that's what most of us do anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people that close out 2+2 sometimes? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

RacersEdge
11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because it goes to the first reply posted since the last time you logged on, I guess assuming that every time you log on you keep current with every thread on here. I don't like it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically the assumption is that OOTers have no life?

tdarko
11-01-2005, 05:16 PM
i don't ever close 2p2 b/c i am lazy and hate logging into sites, but the new software is still a pain in the ass.

i liked the bolded names for the unread posts so much better and i also don't like this reverse order thing, my mind doesn't work that way. first post under the OP should be the first post in response and so on after that. i know some don't view in threaded modes and i don't either but when a thread has 100+ replies and i have already viewed them all and i come back and there are 14 new posts i am going to look at them individually, not in flat mode and now i am having a hard time finding them. so i don't even bother.

RacersEdge
11-01-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i liked the bolded names for the unread posts so much better and i also don't like this reverse order thing, my mind doesn't work that way. first post under the OP should be the first post in response and so on after that. i know some don't view in threaded modes and i don't either but when a thread has 100+ replies and i have already viewed them all and i come back and there are 14 new posts i am going to look at them individually, not in flat mode and now i am having a hard time finding them. so i don't even bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. This format is a major PITA.

11-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Where there many complaints w/ the old format. I had no problems w/ it. Why the change /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dominic
11-01-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't ever close 2p2 b/c i am lazy and hate logging into sites, but the new software is still a pain in the ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly! THAT'S why we uses threaded mode, dammit. The new way sucks.

Porcupine
11-01-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SuitedSixes
11-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Between that and the limit on PMs. I vote we back out the "upgrade."

CrazyEyez
11-01-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I still don't get it. When there are 100+ replies and you've already read them all and then you come back and there are 14 new ones, you click the thread in flat mode and it takes you right to the 14 you haven't read, and they are in chrono order from top to bottom. How is that not better than threaded? Because you can't see exactly who they were responding to? It's pretty easy to get the context 99% of the time.

tdarko
11-01-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I still don't get it. When there are 100+ replies and you've already read them all and then you come back and there are 14 new ones, you click the thread in flat mode and it takes you right to the 14 you haven't read, and they are in chrono order from top to bottom. How is that not better than threaded? Because you can't see exactly who they were responding to? It's pretty easy to get the context 99% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
most of the time when a thread has a 100+ posts its b/c of arbitrary bickering and fights. in threaded mode i can see the endless replies to one another and then from there pick and choose "whose" post i want to view.

in heavily bodied threads on topics that i arleady have an opinion about and could careless about what 95% of what the OOT says about it i usually only view a few certain posters replies. now, with the the upgrade i am lost.

Dominic
11-01-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
most of the time when a thread has a 100+ posts its b/c of arbitrary bickering and fights. in threaded mode i can see the endless replies to one another and then from there pick and choose "whose" post i want to view.

in heavily bodied threads on topics that i arleady have an opinion about and could careless about what 95% of what the OOT says about it i usually only view a few certain posters replies. now, with the the upgrade i am lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. I have no interest in reading EVERY post in a thread...only a few that interest me - I especially like to see who has responded to MY posts, so I can easily read and reply back, if I choose. This was easier to do in Threaded mode before the upgrade.

CrazyEyez
11-01-2005, 06:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. I have no interest in reading EVERY post in a thread...only a few that interest me - I especially like to see who has responded to MY posts, so I can easily read and reply back, if I choose. This was easier to do in Threaded mode before the upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, I can see that. I am no longer a rabid anti-threadite.

RacersEdge
11-08-2005, 05:31 PM
bump...

All the problems in this thread still exist.