PDA

View Full Version : JJ in a big pot against 4 opponents.

wildzer0
11-01-2005, 12:17 PM
I thought this was a confusing hand. I normally don't play at night so I'm a bit unused to the craziness of some of these games. This is a PP 33. I figured I could narrow down the field to 1 or 2 callers with a t100 raise. When that failed to happen, I wasn't sure how to handle the flop. Did I not raise enough preflop, was pushing the flop bad?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG (t1195)
UTG+1 (t2470)
MP1 (t770)
MP2 (t375)
CO (t800)
Button (t775)
Hero (t785)
BB (t830)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, 1 fold</font>, MP2 calls t15, CO calls t15, 1 fold</font>, Hero raises to t100</font>, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls t85, UTG+1 calls t85, MP2 calls t85, CO calls t85.

Flop: (t515) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif (5 players)</font>
Hero pushes

tigerite
11-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Meh, I don't love the raise from the SB with JJ and limpers, it's a hard hand to play OOP on the flop. From the button it's mandatory I would say but in the SB less so, I don't like to raise AQo from the SB for the same reason with limpers. Position on the flop is very important.

Anyway the push is rather silly. There's nothing to be afraid of on this flop for any of your opponents and the only thing you will be called by is a Q or a set really. You don't need to do this, it's a WA/WB situation so think to yourself how can you extract the most when ahead, whilst losing the least when behind. This isn't it, although maybe TT might call once in a blue moon here.

pineapple888
11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I don't love the raise from the SB with JJ and limpers, it's a hard hand to play OOP on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, JJ loses too much value against 4 others-- I think you have to raise it here, regardless of position considerations.

OP just didn't raise enough. I go up to 135 or so in this spot.

Agree with your flop analysis, though.

Simplistic
11-01-2005, 03:19 PM
the push is plain bad. raise more preflop

11-02-2005, 12:41 AM
That's ridiculous. They took the flop FIVE-HANDED. Also there are these exotic hands with TWO OVERCARDS that have SIX OUTS. WA/WB is not close to applying here.

Not that the push wasn't stupid.

Maulik
11-02-2005, 02:07 AM
limp or make a pot-sized bet.

edit: by limp I mean complete.