PDA

View Full Version : Wht does BoDog still allow this?

Phishy McFish
11-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Haven't most sites done away with the "disconnect protection" features??

I had a guy in PLO yesterday "get disconnected" when the river made both a str8 possible and he had mid set unimproved.

I had the nut str8 and put him all in right before his "connection problems". He was back on 2 hands later. I called him out on it and told him I was emailing support (which I did). They of course said..."It does look suspicious, but there is no history -yada yada. We'll monitor - yada yada"

To me he obviously wanted to see if I was bluffing without having to call a huge bet.

This is very distressing to me in PLO because you play your draws with the expectation of getting to make a large bet on the river or turn when they hit.

11-01-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haven't most sites done away with the "disconnect protection" features??

I had a guy in PLO yesterday "get disconnected" when the river made both a str8 possible and he had mid set unimproved.

I had the nut str8 and put him all in right before his "connection problems". He was back on 2 hands later. I called him out on it and told him I was emailing support (which I did). They of course said..."It does look suspicious, but there is no history -yada yada. We'll monitor - yada yada"

To me he obviously wanted to see if I was bluffing without having to call a huge bet.

This is very distressing to me in PLO because you play your draws with the expectation of getting to make a large bet on the river or turn when they hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not familiar with BoDog, but some sites offer "no DC tables"..I play these as opposed to the tables with disconnect protect

dlk9s
11-01-2005, 01:20 PM
I think DP is still used because there are probably many more people who really get disconnected compared to those who just cheat.

As much as it stinks to not get more money out of an opponent, I'd rather risk having that happen that risk actually losing money from having my hand folded if my connection goes out.

dibbs
11-01-2005, 09:45 PM
In my experience people get disconnected a lot more on Bodo than on other sites, and in spots where they almost certainly had no intention of staying in or even seeing a flop, I dont know why this is though.

But yea this sucks especially in PLO, all you can really do is report them, although it wont do much.

Jim Kuhn
11-02-2005, 12:11 AM
I had the same problem with Bodog about a year ago. Support told me the same thing - I emailed them back and told them 'you just lost a no limit and pot limit player'. I was one of their largest rake producers for several months when they first opened. I found a different site to give my rake.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

RED_RAIN
11-02-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I emailed them back and told them 'you just lost a no limit and pot limit player'. I was one of their largest rake producers for several months when they first opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they care?

Sponger15SB
11-02-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I emailed them back and told them 'you just lost a no limit and pot limit player'. I was one of their largest rake producers for several months when they first opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not, they probably get 50 emails that day saying "i play X in rake and i'm leaving" and 45 of the people don't end up leaving anyways so who cares.

RED_RAIN
11-02-2005, 06:19 PM
That's what I thought. I mentioned because I got yelled at because I was "abusing" their bottomless unlimited reloads and then I said either offer me rakeback, affilate, or just look the other way or I'll leave. I continue to go about my business when I didn't get a response.