PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

mrbaseball
11-01-2005, 11:28 AM
I hate, loathe and despise the changes they have made to the forums. They are basically unreadble (for me anyway) now. I really hope they change it back to the way it was.

CCx
11-01-2005, 11:33 AM
it looks exactly the same to me.... ?

YoureToast
11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate, loathe and despise the changes they have made to the forums. They are basically unreadble (for me anyway) now. I really hope they change it back to the way it was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like them eithe (although my distaste isn't quite as severe).

Easy E
11-01-2005, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It shows up differently. Additionally, the Search functionality is displaying some quirks

CCx
11-01-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It shows up differently. Additionally, the Search functionality is displaying some quirks

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I didn't notice any differences with the way mine looked, that's all.

stickman
11-01-2005, 02:46 PM
The changes are brutal. I find myself directed to replies before the original post.

scott8
11-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Ya, but, ummmm, my name is no longer Scott8, so thats cool. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

mrbaseball
11-01-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find myself directed to replies before the original post

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I like the least. It takes you to the last reply I think which is just stupid. If thats what I wanted that's what I would click on.

natedogg
11-03-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's horrible. I find it so frustrating that I'm deterred from visiting as much. The reverse-date-ranked threading is particularly annoying.

natedogg

TheRover
11-03-2005, 12:14 AM
I just don't get it. Nothing significant has changed for me. Is it because I use flat mode? Cause I have no idea what anyone's talking about...

MCS
11-03-2005, 03:59 AM
The search function is now incredibly screwy.

I had set up links to the lists of posts by posters I like (essentially creating a shortcut to "Search for all posts by this user"). Now it doesn't work. And the Back and Forward buttons have issues as well.

The revision is a significant downgrade.

mrbaseball
11-03-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it because I use flat mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

In flat mode things seem fine. But not in flat mode it sucks enormously. I often use flat mode but when revisiting (especially a big/long thread) I typically don't use flat mode. It takes you to the last post which is often what I don't want and after clicking on one response it shows all other unread responses as read.

It makes browsing the forums much less enjoyable for me and I find myself visiting much less now.

I urge anyone else who dislikes the new setup to PM or email the board guru to register your distaste. I have and I see on other forums most of the feedback on the recent changes has been negative. If we let them know it sucks maybe they will unbreak it.