PDA

View Full Version : please evaluate

mts
06-13-2003, 04:51 PM
ok first off, i am not a good player. I have been playing online everyday for about 2 months and have made about 5 bucks. I first deposited $100 in pokerstars and got it up to $200 pretty quickly for a beginner. Then i lost the $100 in 1/2 and cashed out and tried PARTY.

which brings me to 1/2 party game.

Table Badgers (Real Money) -- Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: A ( $46.75)
Seat 2: B ( $115)
Seat 3: C ( $72)
Seat 4: MTS ( $73.50)
Seat 5: D ( $62)
Seat 6: LA (loose agressive) ( $100.50)
Seat 7: E ( $70.75)
Seat 8: F ( $33)
Seat 9: G ( $33.50)
Seat 10: CS (calling station) ( $117)
B posts small blind (0.50)
C posts big blind (1)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to MTS [ Ah, Th ]
MTS raises (2) to 2
LA calls (2)
CS calls (2)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Td, Ac, 9d ]
MTS bets (1)
LA raises (2) to 2
CS calls (2)
MTS raises (2) to 3
LA raises (2) to 4
CS calls (2)
MTS calls (1)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 6c ]
MTS checks.
LA bets (2)
CS calls (2)
MTS calls (2)
** Dealing River ** : [ 5d ]
MTS checks.
LA checks.
CS checks.
** Summary **
Main Pot: $24.50 | Rake: $1
Board: [ Td Ac 9d 6c 5d ]
MTS balance $90, bet $8, collected $24.50, net +$16.50 [ Ah Th ] [ two pairs, aces and tens -- Ah,Ac,Th,Td,9d ]
LA balance $92.50, lost $8 [ Ad 6s ] [ two pairs, aces and sixes -- Ad,Ac,Td,6s,6c ]
CS balance $109, lost $8 [ Jh Kc ] [ high card ace -- Ac,Kc,Jh,Td,9d ]

I know i probably played this pretty badly. I think check-raising the turn would have been a good play and calling a re-raise. But other than that i'm not sure what i could change. I have a feeling i'm missing a few 'extra' bets on every hand i win and this is seriously cutting into my playing money.

Also, i think LA and CS played this hand just horrid but who cares about that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Homer
06-13-2003, 05:16 PM
You haven't lost any money, so you certainly aren't a bad player.

I definitely would have checkraised the turn. LA almost certainly doesn't have top-pair beat and CS could have pretty much anything. Let LA bet and hope that CS calls so that you can trap him for two bets (on the one bet at a time payment plan). If you're lucky LA might three-bet with a worse hand (at which point you might want to slow down).

-- Homer

mts
06-13-2003, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the reply.

But how would you play the river when the 3rd diamond fell?

CS is almost certainly in on a drawing hand. If i checked and it was bet by LA then raised by CS, what would the play be?

Thanks

bunky9590
06-13-2003, 07:06 PM
First off I hate to have to look at hand histories. (Makes my head hurt, Owie!)

IMHO. Preflop raise is Okay at best. You may be ahead or you may be way behind. I like calling there.

Flop. You catch a miracle flop and catch top two pair against two diamonds? Raise it till the cows come home.

Turn play, if you are going to check the turn it better be to check raise. Hopefully someone hit Ax for their two pair or make the draws pay.

River, I like the check, ( so I'm a chicken)

CrackerZack
06-14-2003, 01:15 AM
You'll see some horrid play. You started off real well. Capping the flop was a good play. I usually lead out on the turn but C/R is a good plan. Online I tend to default bet anytime I think I'm good. You had another raise somewhere though.

CrackerZack
06-14-2003, 01:23 AM
in a sane land... you probably have to muck it... on party, I call it down everytime. I've been in the middle of a raising battle with trip Ks and a 3-flush and 3-straight on board and on guy had top pair, the other a crappy 2 pair... I hovered on fold for 15 of my 20 seconds... they can really be nuts on there.

baseball38
06-14-2003, 02:08 AM
MTS,

You played it great except (and this is just my opinion) the turn where you just checked and called. I would have raised. I like the check on the river as well. I would have put one of them on a flush draw as well.

baseball38 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif