PDA

View Full Version : Good laydown or horrible fold?

LondonBroil
06-13-2003, 04:23 PM
Loose-passive online 1/2.

I'm dealt black kings in the BB.

UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, CO limps, SB completes, I raise, UTG+1 folds (?), UTG+2 now 3-bets (uh-oh), CO calls, SB fodls, I call.

Flop is 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

I bet out, UTG+2 raises, CO calls, I call.

Turn brings a non-violent 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif .

I check, UTG+2 bets, CO calls, I raise, UTG 3-bets, CO calls, I fold.

Count my mistakes. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

RockLobster
06-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Hi LB--

UTG+1 limps, UTG+2 limps, CO limps, SB completes, I raise, UTG+1 folds (?), UTG+2 now 3-bets (uh-oh), CO calls, SB fodls, I call.

First off, I don't think the 3-bet is an uh-oh, I think it's a YIPPEE. There's only 1 hand better than yours, and in a loose-passive game I can't imagine he was trying for the limp-reraise with AA... so you've got him beat (I think). Go ahead and cap it!

As far as the play goes, this is the type of flop & turn that you want to see. I'd get bets in, and if 3-bet or capped on the turn I'd slow down and submit to the possibility that he has JJ. I'd check call at that point.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

bunky9590
06-13-2003, 07:19 PM
Well, In this situation you had better be 100% sure he has AA preflop (which I think its 50-50 AA or KK) so you are either tied or 4-1 in the rear.

I would have four bet preflop and if 5 bet could be pretty well assured that he had AA. See the flop, if no K, peek at the turn for a single bet and release. No good drawing to a 2 outer. He may have JJ as well. But wou would have known more by putting in the additional raise preflop. I would have laid it down on the turn as well with the extra information.

thwang99
06-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't fold on the turn. Low limits QQ, AJ, maybe KJ even, TT, I don't know! Of course I don't know the player. But in general if I know nothing about the player, I'm showing down here. Only thing to worry about is AA, and you'll need to call only 2 more BB (turn 3-bet and river bet) to see the river. I'm not worried about the CO, I'm thinking JT, AJ, etc...

That's just me, curious what others think.

- Tony

Nottom
06-13-2003, 11:12 PM
No sir, I don't like it.

The only hands that he can have that are beating you are AA and JJ. He could also be playing QQ or the other 2 kings this hard or even AK /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif if hes the aggressive type. The pots too big to fold, call him down.

sam h
06-14-2003, 12:05 AM
I would cap it before the flop. This limp-reraise online doesn't necessarily mean AA. Somebody just did that to me about five minutes ago with K7o in a 5-10 game.

When you bet the flop and get raised you have to start wondering. I think the best thing is to call and then lead the turn. If the UTG2 player raises again you can then just call down the river. And it puts maximum pressure on the third player, who is likely on a diamond draw.

You have way too much to fold without some specific knowledge of the player, especially in these online games.

anatta
06-14-2003, 03:17 AM
You are probably behind, but at 15:1 your 2 outter alone is close to correct. Remember with bad players, your implied odds increase. A miracle Kd might get you 6 bb's on the river. Also, low limit players do strange things (see UTG's preflop play), so you very well could be ahead. If you never fold the winner you aren't folding enough, but you should call here given the pot size, your outs, and the skill of your opponents.