PDA

View Full Version : Hold 'em or Fold 'em: Rejected versions

11-01-2005, 06:18 AM
If you've watched coverage of the WSOP on ESPN this year, you've probably seen a series of commercials called "Hold 'em or Fold 'em", where Chris Ferguson makes decisions on whether the chosen player should hold his cards or fold, all while stuck in a refrigerator. What you probably didn't know is that Miller (makers of Milwaukee's Best Light) rejected several versions with other poker pros. Here's a summary of how they went:

* Mike Matusow, take 1:
(insulting tone) "Hold 'em. Man, you ain't got nothing but itty bitty huevos and teeny tiny dogs. I got great big huevos and one huge dog. Wanna see 'em?"
Man opening fridge: (stunned) "No thanks." (closes fridge)

* Phil Hellmuth, take 1:
(angry) "Fold 'em. Can I get the frick out of this refrigerator? It's frickin' cold in here!"

* Eveylyn Ng:
(in revealing, clinging top) "Hold 'em. Can I get out of here? My nipples are starting to get hard."
(Man opening fridge stares at Evelyn's assets, and doesn't close the fridge right away)

* Mike Matusow, take 2:
(snorting baking soda with a drinking straw, livid) "Hold 'em. Can't a man get any privacy around here?"
(he slams the fridge shut)

* Greg Raymer:
(snacking on something) "Hold 'em."
Man opening fridge: (confused) "I thought this fridge was full a few hours ago."

* Daniel Negreanu:
(in shorts & short-sleeved top) "Hold 'em. It's not cold enough in here. Could you turn down the heat or something?"

* Dan Harrington:
(evenly, as if lecturing) "Not enough information. What's the pot size? What are the blinds and antes? Is there a read on your opponent? What happened pre-flop? What are the stacks of the other people at your table? How much does each position pay...
(Man opening fridge gently closes it, looking confused)

* Mike Matusow, take 3:
(on his cell phone, seemingly oblivious) "Hey Bernie. Put 10 dimes on the Saints plus 3." (turns to man opening fridge) "Hold 'em. You didn't hear anything, did you?"
Man opening fridge: "No, of course not."

* Phil Ivey:
(with headphones, exasperated, after a long stare) "Hold 'em. I'll bet Tiger Woods doesn't go through this stuff."

* Phil Hellmuth, take 2:
(after missing one) "If it weren't for stupid donkey players, I'd get every one of these right!"

CYA DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. All names used fictitiously. No disrespect is intended.

kitaristi0
11-01-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CYA DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. All names used fictitiously. No disrespect is intended.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the funniest part of this post.

Dominic
11-01-2005, 06:17 PM
Jesus Christ, this was awful. I hope you didn't spend much time writing this. And please, refrain from ever attempting to write something humorous again. Ever.

JihadOnTheRiver
11-01-2005, 06:21 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

11-01-2005, 07:34 PM
This is one of the worst things ever. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jorge10
11-01-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that BOOOOO or BUUUURNS?

TheIrishThug
11-01-2005, 08:03 PM
edited

---
i withdrew my post, i refuse to finish off a quote that was stated incorrectly

siccjay
11-02-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jesus Christ, this was awful. I hope you didn't spend much time writing this. And please, refrain from ever attempting to write something humorous again. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

DDH
11-02-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was saying, Boourns.

Jason Strasser
11-02-2005, 02:18 AM
wish i could vote you off the island

Aceshigh7
11-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Don't pay any attention to them. I thought it was funny.

Bosox
11-02-2005, 09:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was saying, Boourns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed outloud at the moleman formatting.

Easy E
11-02-2005, 12:27 PM
It wasn't bad.

shant
11-02-2005, 07:28 PM
OMG COMEDY PLATINUM

Homer
11-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I thought it was fairly good. Ignore the naysayers.

rchandra
11-02-2005, 10:43 PM
Haven't seen the commercials but it was a great post.

ZenMusician
11-02-2005, 10:52 PM
meh

I will admit (sorry) I laughed out loud at:

* Greg Raymer:
(snacking on something) "Hold 'em."
Man opening fridge: (confused) "I thought this fridge was full a few hours ago."

...and a few of the man's reactions were ok too.

For GREAT poker humor, see "In the Snow" post in Magazine Forum!

C+

-ZEN

flatline
11-03-2005, 03:16 AM
That was funny, ignore the haters.

soko
11-03-2005, 10:20 AM
The lines were funny but I don't get the "hold em" phrase and how it relates to them being in a fridge? I haven't seen the commercials.

mex78753
11-03-2005, 12:30 PM
that [censored] was funny man. 2 thumbs up.

Python49
11-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Your avatar is the sh*t. Classic.