PDA

View Full Version : Question for short handed MTT

dagat
11-01-2005, 06:04 AM
I was discussing this hand over at fcp.com, http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=34401 being the thread.

But basically.

Final table, it's 3 handed. chip leader has 470K, you have 210K and other guy has 160K

Blinds are 15k/30k.

You're on the button with KQs. Would you raise or go all in?

Chip leader is aggressive. minimal read on SB.

The likely answer is going all in, but im trying to make a case that raising isn't necessarily a bad play either on what kind of a read you have on chip leader.

Kaeser
11-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Looks like a pretty clear push to me. If we just raise to 90K and chip leader puts us all-in then we're getting almost 3-1 odds and we have to call.

I guess if chip leader was super aggro you could make a case for raising hoping that he'd push with hands that he would have folded to a push from you, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I'd push.

dagat
11-01-2005, 06:19 AM
That's a great point.

I think however, pre-flop action should be dictated by what we're trying to acheieve. Do we want action with KQs? Are we just trying to steal blinds? With the blinds being so high, it really is dangerous to raising 3xbb with a semi-premium hand. I think however, if we pushed, it gives off the impression that a weak hand is trying to steal blinds, but with a raise, practically comitting yourself into the pot, you're holding a monster and you want action.

dagat
11-01-2005, 06:19 AM
im pretty exhausted too, i might not be making any sense.

Spook
11-01-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's a great point.

I think however, pre-flop action should be dictated by what we're trying to acheieve. Do we want action with KQs? Are we just trying to steal blinds? With the blinds being so high, it really is dangerous to raising 3xbb with a semi-premium hand. I think however, if we pushed, it gives off the impression that a weak hand is trying to steal blinds, but with a raise, practically comitting yourself into the pot, you're holding a monster and you want action.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if you raise and he over pushes Axo, that is bad.