PDA

View Full Version : Set of kings and set of queens

mojolang
06-13-2003, 03:20 PM
3-6

In M/LP I look down and see
K /forums/images/icons/club.gif K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif and raise 2 limpers. BB calls.

FLOP: K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Things are looking good. I bet and one of the limpers calls. This guy was terrible was playing anything down to KXo. I felt confident I would get action from any ace, maybe a decent king, a gutshot, and definately two pair.

Turn: Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Okay this is a bad card but the limper checks. The straight is so obvious, why wouldn't he bet out. I look over and he pauses for a sec and then says check. I weigh my options and I think, well I will get action from any two pair, any lesser set, any ace, and any decent king plus the flush draw. I can check it behind him and induce a bet on teh end but I think I would really get action from a lot of hands so I opt for a value bet. Sure enough, he check-raises I call and miss and flod he shows

J /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Thoughts.

Hand # 2:

Q /forums/images/icons/heart.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif I hadn't played a hand in about 1.5 hrs as the cards were absolutely ice cold. I raise a limper and someone cold calls behind me BB calls.

Flop: Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif K /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I bet and everyone folded. Should I have slowplayed it or what?

# 3: I'm in M/EP w/88 I limp in behind the UTG, someone with very little skill and I had seen him play some pretty bad hands. The cutoff and button call

Flop: 8 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

EP bets, rather than wait till fourth st to raise I wanna shut out the draws now and confront the EP player Heads-up with position. Button and cutoff cold call. Great, so much for that idea. At least I have the nuts right now, all I can do is hope another heart doesn't fall. The EP player looks at me for a couple seconds and three bets it. What in god's name could he have? I guess it doesn't matter as I'm staring at the stone nuts at the moment, I make it four and yet again the the button and cutoff call both cold. Ep calls.

Turn: J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif EP checks I bet both LPs call

River: 3 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif EP bets I call as do teh LPs "King High flush" he says. " Nice catch I say as I wing my hand to the muck.

One last one: 97s two off the button after 3 players limp. Blinds call.

Note: One of the blinds was the gutshot bandit from the first hand

Flop: 8s 4s 3c

Blind bets out both limpers cal and I opt to raise in order to buy a free card on the turn. Blind 3 bets. So I've been found out, but I figure if I hit my flush it's probably good it and I call along with tthe limpers.

Turn: Jc

Okay now I've picked up a gutshot in addition to my previous draw. EP bets and I call as does one limper.

River: Ks

EP bets out, limper folds I rise and he three bets I call and he shows 10-2s.

Thoughts?

Joe

yct
06-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Hand #1, it's a bit of player dependent to bet the turn or not. If the guy is tricky, you may want to check. If the guy is straight forward, then you should bet.

Hand #2, I would not slow play a set on a KQ7 board with multiple players still in the hand. Go ahead and bet and look for chance to 3 bet.

Hand #3, you play it correctly. You made the flush draw paid, but once the flush card hits, there's not much you could do.

Hand #4, EP plays bad. You can consider to cap on the flop and still get free turn card if is it's 3 raises max. However this may not work if your opponent is aware of the free flush card move as it's overly used by the general public.