PDA

View Full Version : WSOP on ESPN right now

microlimitaddict
06-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Just to let everyoe know. ESPN is showing the 2002 WSOP again....just started. At least it's a change from the WPT announcers and fancy music and lighting, etc.
Or you can watch college baseball on ESPN2.

They also showed the WSOP late Monday night. Pretty decent exposure for the game....especially considering it's a buffer between their US-Open golf coverage...NBC gets a couple of hours today...so ESPN tossed the poker in there...not too shabby.

Gabe Kaplan isn't that much of an improvement over the WPT announcer in my opinion....however, it seems he is not as prone to exaggeration quite so much. Kind of dulls it down though I think.
There has to be a happy medium somewhere I suspect.

cferejohn
06-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know when they are going to broadcast the 2003 WSOP?

anatta
06-14-2003, 03:40 AM
I saw they were showing it again on my channel guide. I have seen it at least three times. If I, poker player, am sick of it, I wonder who can be watching? I would love to see some older WSOP or other tournaments, even if the production is poor.

However, I am happy with all the exposure poker is getting on TV mostly because I think it makes others see poker in a better light, shedding some of the prejudices of the uninformed public.

Tyler Durden
06-15-2003, 12:24 AM
In the CP with Chris Moneymaker on the cover, Andrew Glazer wrote that it would be on June 8th, which was last Sunday, but it wasn't on. I suspect it won't be on for several months at least. Bummer.

dirty_dan
06-16-2003, 04:46 PM
It's supposed to be a 7-part series starting in July.

HUSKER'66
06-25-2003, 05:11 PM

cferejohn
06-25-2003, 06:41 PM
7 parts? Is that all going to be poker or is that going to be 4 or 5 parts "Gosh! Wow! $10000! Its the Caddillac of whatnot!" and 2 parts poker.

Guess I'll have to wait and find out.

Thanks

HUSKER'66
06-26-2003, 05:05 PM
yea they definately are dragging it out.... with seven one hour shows you know that there is going to be a lot of "fluff" hopefully they will have a little actual poker going on /forums/images/icons/grin.gif