PDA

View Full Version : problems with 2+2 since upgrade

Jake (The Snake)
11-01-2005, 04:20 AM
Since the software upgrade I've had a really difficult time browsing through the forums. I can usually get around ok for about a minute or so, then I will get a 'Stopped' prompt at the bottom of my firefox browser. At this point none of the links work anymore and it seems like all connection with 2+2 is gone.

I've emailed Chuck and so far he says nobody else has reported something similar. I've never had problems with the site before and it now occurs every time I log in. I suppose my connection could just have been bad for the past couple days, but I think it would be strange for 2+2 to be affected the most, and the whole "stopped" thing boggles me the most.

Similar things occuring with IE. I'm running Windows XP. Any ideas?

Just tried to submit this first time... hitting the continue button brought the dreaded "stopped" prompt. Trying again...

TheTROLL
11-01-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this is coincidence. The only other explanation could be some very screwed up client-side script crashing your browser, but the facts that you're seeing it on both browsers, and nobody else has reported the same tend to argue against that. No other connectivity-related problems (other sites/other applications)?