PDA

View Full Version : Vermonster

Jason Strasser
11-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Info:

The Vermomster is a Ben & Jerry's giant 40 dollar hot fudge sundae that consists of twenty scoops of ice cream (which is roughly four and a half pounds), three cookies, four bananas, one brownie, four ladles of hot fudge, ten scoops of peanuts, three scoops of sprinkles, three scoops of M&Ms, and a whole lot of whip cream. In total, it weighs six to seven pounds.

http://www.daviswiki.org/dwiki/data/pages/Vermonster/attachments/vermonster.thumbnail.144.192.jpg

How hard would this be for one person (say six foot 175) to eat within a 24 hour period?

-Jason

Smarty
11-01-2005, 02:32 AM
There was a special about this on some TV show and I think it was doable. What's the bet and do I know the person involved?

EMcWilliams
11-01-2005, 02:33 AM
In a controlled environment its doable...otherwise itd melt.

JihadOnTheRiver
11-01-2005, 02:34 AM
I think it would be rather difficult for several reasons, not the least of which being that sugar gives you really bad headaches and bellyaches when you intake too much of it. Also, have you thought about the melting issue? It seems that if you had 24 hours, you couldn't exactly just shove something like this into the freezer while you digested. I think you would have to eat it all at once. And fairly quickly. I think this would be border-line impossible.

-Jihad

xorbie
I think we need to pay Crimson to find out.

Jason Strasser
Well one day I was convinced that no one could do it so I said something dumb along the lines of "if you can eat that whole thing in a day I'd pay a grand". Turns out this little skinny kid really wants to try. I'm wondering how worried I should be and if I should try to weasel my way out of this.

I really think this kid can't eat this thing without dying.

-Jason

Jason Strasser
11-01-2005, 02:35 AM
Well the kid would take it home and put it in a freezer then scoop it into a bowl and eat.

Smarty
11-01-2005, 02:36 AM
IM me his name.

11-01-2005, 02:44 AM
Wouldn't it be easier, if anything, if you let it melt? You wouldn't get any brain freezes, and you could pretty much drink it.

Jason Strasser
11-01-2005, 02:46 AM
I'm not allowing him to melt it.

nothumb
11-01-2005, 02:47 AM
I think I could do this if not for the peanuts and bananas. I hate both. Replace them with more M&Ms or something and it'd be worth a shot.

EDIT: For a grand this is not hard, especially if you're poor.

NT

rwesty
11-01-2005, 02:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I could do this and I'm not that big. I could easily do this for $1000.

tongni
11-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I think you are out a thousand dollars.

kurosh
11-01-2005, 03:00 AM
I would give you $1000 if I could have one of these right now. I need pics.

Emmitt2222
11-01-2005, 03:01 AM
just as a slight comparison, there is the worlds biggest burger in Pennsylvania that if you can eat in under 3 hours you are amazing and get free stuff. This burger weighs 11 pounds. As far as I know it has only been completely eaten a few times. It took a professional eater 7 hours to finish. Only one person, a thin girl, finished in the alloted time. I would liken this to something similar to the ice cream because although it weighs more I imagine all that sugar is actualy harder for your body to put down. 24 hours is a long time though. I would have to say that it is doable, but very difficult. The kid would have to want it really bad [like starve himself for days like that girl did].

11-01-2005, 03:03 AM
If any of you plan on doing this, go with strawberry ice cream. According to their website, it has the least calories per serving (230 per 1/2 cup).

I'm guessing a scoop = about 3/4 cup? If that's true, then you're eating 6900 calories in ice cream alone. I would be very impressed if this could be done.

Jason Strasser
11-01-2005, 03:25 AM
I dont get it, half of you say im fcked and the others say its near impossible.

Superfluous Man
11-01-2005, 03:30 AM
I'm pretty sure I could do this. If one of my professors (who is a big dude, to be certain) can do a quarter of this in an hour, then certainly I could do the whole thing in 24.

Sorry bro, I think you're losing a grand.

gumpzilla
11-01-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure I could do this. If one of my professors (who is the love child of Kobayashi and Star Jones to be certain) can do a quarter of this in an hour, then certainly I could do the whole thing in 24.

[/ QUOTE ]

15 minutes? I don't even think you can move your mouth that fast. These things are pretty freaking huge; I've seen 15 people take 20-30 minutes to finish one.

Jack of Arcades
11-01-2005, 03:49 AM
lol, try again

bobbyi
11-01-2005, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well the kid would take it home and put it in a freezer then scoop it into a bowl and eat.

[/ QUOTE ]
So how would you know that he didn't cheat? Are you guying to have to sit shiva in his apartment with him for 24 hours?

david050173
11-01-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont get it, half of you say im fcked and the others say its near impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hard part for me is figuring out the various units (ice cream is normally measures in volume and not wieght). If I did the math right, you are looking at about .75 gallons of ice cream. That is not a lot of ice cream. I routinely used to eat half gallons of ice cream in a day (3 servings) on top of normal meals.

The thing that is really killing you here is the 24 hour period. That is 4 or 5 stomach emptings which is a lot of food. If it was a 3 hour limit, stomach size becomes a limiting factor. For this it is the ability to eat ice cream. Assuming he eats at a sane pace so he doesn't get sick, I think you are in trouble.

ethan
11-01-2005, 05:59 AM
I would say you're likely an underdog here. The fact that you didn't stipulate temperature (so he can let it melt) hurts you, but even if you hadn't a fair number of people could do it with everything still frozen. Probably not a majority, but I'd think a majority of the people who'd undertake the challenge.

I'm 6'3" 235lbs, and I'd give you odds on this bet if I weren't trying to drop to 220 at the moment.

11-01-2005, 06:03 AM
6 7' 260, same here, tryin to get back in ballin shape.

I would wager I could clear out up to 3 in 24 hours.

ethan
11-01-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting down 3 is much closer to an even-odds wager. You might even be able to find people willing to lay odds in your favor.

11-01-2005, 06:14 AM
hmmm. I'd be willing.

Wodner if there's a market for it?

Anyone interested in a wager?

Crimson
11-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Mu ha ha ha, someone else's turn!

ethan
11-01-2005, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest assured, you've started something great here.

We're along ways from something I'll have to tell my grandkids, but as far as prop-betting goes we're making great progress.

Emperor
11-01-2005, 08:37 AM
To prevent brain freeze you SIP warm water. You eat as much as possible in 7 minutes. At the 7 minute mark your stomach starts to tell your brain to slow down. At the 10-12 minute mark you have a hard time shoving food down very fast at all. You pace yourself after this.

1 in 24 hrs - I would give 10:1 that I could do this no problem. 7-8lbs is only a gallon of milk in volume. EAZY

2 in 24 hrs - If you got the first one down quickly, and then waited as long as possible before starting/finishing the second EAZY. I give 5:1 odds

3 in 24 hrs - Well if you can get the first one down in an hour (which I think is eazy). Then wait 11 hrs get the 2nd one down, wait 11 hrs get the 3rd one down. I think I would want someone to give me 5:1 odds to do it because I would get tired of icecream.

What is the most one person could do in 24hrs? I would guess around 8. It takes your brain about 2hrs to realize you have digested the food and have moved it on. Your stomach then starts the i'm hungry cycle all over again, and in 2-3 more hours you are hunting food.

Reference: Drinking 5 Gallons of water too quickly will kill you, but it is physically possible to do so in a short timeframe. That is 40lbs of water. Your stomach can stretch A LOT!

I think a professional could eat 8 of these. Anymore than that and you start running into volume and sugar intake problems I think.

My bankroll is only sufficient to take 1 bet under $10, with all ice cream prepaid for by someone other than me. :P

Emperor
11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rest assured, you've started something great here.

We're along ways from something I'll have to tell my grandkids, but as far as prop-betting goes we're making great progress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar prop bet. A friend and I went to eat at Damons. We each had an order of wings. We each ate a rack of ribs, a salad, fries, and some side I forget. We were drinking beer the whole time. We ordered their Chocolate Decadence Dessert.

The waitress said "You guys going to share?" ...

I replied, "Heck no. We are just getting started!"

She looked amazed and said, "If you guys each finish one of these, then I will personally pay for them."

I said, "You are on!"

Well to be sure the fix was in... She must have used all the ice cream, brownies, fudge, and whipped cream she could find because they were HUGE!

My friend and I each ordered a water, and then we ate every bite of those desserts while she watched from the kitchen entry. She paid for our desserts. I tipped her enough to cover /images/graemlins/wink.gif

We got out into my friends car.. Laid the the seats back and just sat there in misery for about 20 minutes before deciding we could upright hte seats long enough to drive home. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DukeSucks
11-01-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would give you $1000 if I could have one of these right now. I need pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.menk.com/wego/vermonster/vermonster_challenge_008.JPG

Evan
11-01-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guying to have to sit shiva in his apartment

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahaha

B Dids
11-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Not as hard as getting in one fasldkfasdlfking match? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3537278&an=0&page=0#Post 3537278)

Jason Strasser
11-01-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So how would you know that he didn't cheat? Are you guying to have to sit shiva in his apartment with him for 24 hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well We were going to set up a webcam and record all 24 hours and I would be able to randomly check to make sure it was going right. We also were toying with the idea of getting people to monitor him for 24 hours, but I'm not sure how i feel about that... I honestly don't think this could would cheat me, he's a close friend.

-Jason

TomHimself
11-01-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]lol, u cant get 3 of these down in 24 hours