PDA

View Full Version : Suited connector in loose passive game.

11-01-2005, 02:26 AM
First off, this hand PF might be suspect but this room was very loose and passive. At this time I have no reads on the table.

Hero is MP1 with 5d, 6d

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB completes, BB checks

FLOP: (7 SB) 3s, 4h, 5s (7 players)
UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, all fold to the UTG who calls and UTG+1 who calls.

* At this point I like my draw and raised to protect my hand I am not sure what the UTG might have besides a draw, I know a set is always a possibility

TURN: (6.5 BB) 9h (3 players)
UTG Bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero Calls

* Ok, I am not sure if I am ahead or not most likley behind, but a raise here is not in order. I am not sure of the UTG, but it is likly that UTG+1 is on a spade draw.

RIVER: (9BB) Jh (3 players)
UTG bets, fold, Hero calls.

How was this line?

I was not sure what to do, this guys hand did not indicate anything that hit the flop better than mine and I was not sure if he drew out on me.

tyler_cracker
11-01-2005, 02:46 AM
I have mixed feelings about your flop raise. Even if your pair of 5s is good now, it probably won't be by showdown, and it will be hard to push everyone out with such a coordinated board (even if it's a little out of the playing zone).

OTOH, you have probably say 7 straight outs plus 1.5 5 outs plus 1 6 out, so you can almost raise for value. You may buy the button and get a free card.

I call the river getting 10:1 and expect to see a middling pocket pair. I woudln't overcall.

MrWookie47
11-01-2005, 03:13 AM
This hand is good, but I'm folding the river. I really don't think he's donking 4x or 3x here often enough.