PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday night vs. Thursday night vs. Friday night -3/6 B&M

I am Money
06-13-2003, 02:47 PM
In the past I’ve usually played on weekends, hence the question. (Also note, I play at a card room with only 2 tables, 18 is legal age)

Wednesday night at my local card room (after the World Poker Tour) was like kids night. Let’s call it the “Kid’s table”:
-5 people under 23 years old.
-3 people between 23 and 30
-Not much money on the table.
-Loose-Passive.
-Several new players.
-Small stacks, one player has 200, most have less than 100.

Thursday night was 100% different. It was like Thursday night poker for the engineering crowd. The “Engineering table”:
-Seems like 8 of the 10 players worked at Honeywell or Boeing.
-Medium Stacks
-Most players between 40 and 50.
-Still loose, but more aggressive.

Friday night usually has one “Aggressive table”.
-Big stacks, one has 600. Three have 300.
-Still loose, but very aggressive.
-Mix of all types of players, ages, races and personality types.

What game would you play in and why?

Is it normal to see such a distinct difference in the “table type” on Wednesdays, compared to Thursdays or Fridays?

Homer
06-13-2003, 03:07 PM
1) Wednesday

A game full of loose-passive newbies = Easy money. Who cares if they don't have 100 big bets on the table -- they'll rebuy!

2) Friday

LAG games aren't my favorite, but are still profitable. Probably not as much so as the Wednesday night game, though (for me, at least).

3) Thursday

You couldn't pay me to play in this game. I have to work with these bastards all week, now you want me to spend my evenings with them too?!

-- Homer

Al_Capone_Junior
06-13-2003, 04:41 PM
Small stacks or not, wednesday. New players make me salivate like Pavlov's dog.

Avoid games with aggressive males ages 40-50. TRUST me. Middle age and slightly older men are to be avoided, especially if you are young and inexperienced.

Fridays are best around the country, as a gross generalization. The newbies and maniacs come out on fridays.

al

Inthacup
06-13-2003, 04:53 PM
I have to work with these bastards all week, now you want me to spend my evenings with them too?!

He said Boeing not the Nuclear Power Plant

Homer
06-13-2003, 05:09 PM
Homer's alter ego is an engineer!

-- Homer