PDA

View Full Version : IQ test

03-18-2002, 04:03 PM
Back by popular demand:

If you can find what's wrong with this picture in under 2 minutes, you're in the upper 5 percentile.

http://www.gloryroad.net/illusion.swf

(You'll want your sound on for a hint after the 2 minute mark.)

03-18-2002, 06:09 PM
I printed it up, I've been staring at it for 11 hours, and I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

I showed a copy to my sister-in-law and my grandma - and my grandma's bridge club - and none of them can figure out anything wrong with it either.

As soon as my mother gets home, I'm making a color copy for her to give to my Uncle Dave to mail to his old neighbor, Bill.

Bill worked for Rocky Flats, and he can figure out anything:)

So, I'm not dumb, but I'll get back to you:)

eLROY

P.S. My current copy is getting kind of rumpled, and I think I'm going to have to print up more of these! This is a cool brain twister, whatever it is!

03-18-2002, 06:53 PM
n/m

03-18-2002, 07:06 PM
oh man, i feel really bad laughing at someone else's stupidity, but this is fall down and bust a gut laughing time. forest through the trees or something...

03-18-2002, 07:06 PM

03-18-2002, 07:37 PM
For the sake of his children let's hope he is kidding.

03-18-2002, 07:51 PM
Actually, I have my two sons working on it right now. The TV is off, and we're taking this pretty seriously. After all, obviously nobody from 2+2 has been able to solve this problem yet!

I broke it up so that Isaac is focusing on the fog and everything else outside the window - to see if there's some fishy about that - while Amos is concentrating on if there isn't something weird about, like, that dot above the dog bed, or in that area.

If we all focus on just one part of the picture, sooner or later one of us is going to get it. And whoever that person is - the one who gets it first - gets to pick funny names for the rest of us on the scoreboard next time we go bowling, as like an incentive.

eLROY

03-18-2002, 08:16 PM
Have you noticed that there are curtain rods, but no curtains? Sorta makes me wanta go bowling.

03-19-2002, 01:32 AM
poor elroy. i took the test and scored 92%. what did you others score.

03-19-2002, 01:54 AM

03-19-2002, 10:10 AM
I assume the flaw must be fundamental so I dismiss absence of curtain ,discontinuity of balcony/fire escape,odd dangling object on left chair... inspiration...shadowing is incorect for incoming light to shade back from florage onto windows adjacent wall... but hell i am no expert on lighting, there could be a an out of shot foreground light but i pan across thinking Escher and observe that some of the back spindles of the centre foreground chair connect toward the centre of the chair seat...almost have cardiac arrest by screaming image.i give up am i right?

03-21-2002, 10:24 AM
how many 3 legged chairs have u seen??