PDA

View Full Version : Just plain lucky?

rtucker5
06-13-2003, 02:02 PM
2/4 at Party. It is my first lap and I don't how anyone plays.

I limp UTG +1 after UTG with 9 /forums/images/icons/club.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . MP raises. Button, SB, BB, UTG, and I call. 6 to the flop with 12 small bets.

Flop:

8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Checked to me and I bet. MP raises, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, I call. 4 to the turn 10 big bets.

Turn:

8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Checked to me, I bet and all 3 call. 4 to the river 13 big bets.

River:

8 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 5 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 10 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 9 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Checked to me. I bet and only MP calls. I snapped off Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Qx. My question is this. Was there a good enough chance that my hand was good to call the flop raise and then bet the turn? After speaking to a fellow 2+2 poster, I decided to post this hand because we had differing opinions.

pufferfish
06-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Flop: Getting raised by the PFR (pre-flop raiser) doesn’t bother me as much as if it had come from someone else. PFR could have an A or K of spades.

I don’t think I could fold on the flop.

Turn: If you call the flop raise I think you have to a) bet out and b) fold to a raise. I think MP made a mistake by not raising here.

I imagine some will say you should check-fold here. I don’t know that I could do that against an unknown.

TC,
pf

rtucker5
06-13-2003, 04:25 PM
That was my thinking as well. The PFR could have overcards with a big /forums/images/icons/spade.gif . I would not have called a turn raise.

magic_man
06-13-2003, 05:10 PM
I agree...PFR could have any big spade, and when you just get called on the turn, things look pretty good. If the 9 didn't hit the river, would you check-call or bet out?

~Magic_Man

rtucker5
06-13-2003, 05:27 PM
If the 9 didn't hit the river, would you check-call or bet out?

I would have check called or check folded the river depending on the card. The only card I bet out on is a 9.

magic_man
06-14-2003, 04:15 AM
In that case I probably would have played it exactly the same way.

~Magic_Man

elysium
06-14-2003, 12:35 PM
hi rt
you're fine here. in the future though, you would like to isoplate the UTG limper.

anatta
06-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Its tough to isoplate from EP in a 2-4 online game. As such, limping is fine. I love your posts, BTW.