PDA

View Full Version : Slapped in the face

EMcWilliams
11-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Just pretty much got slapped in the face by a close friend....

Im a college sophomore, nothing out of the ordinary, friends and such, We all have friends that we are exceptionally close with, you know the type. So anyway, me and this guy have been hanging out for like a year now, close friends here, always chilling together and such. So anyway, when it came time for room selection last year, he told he roommate a while ago theyd live together the next year, and i was cool with that. He said too that he wanted to live off campus next year, as did I, so we basically agreed to do so. All seemed to be going to plan, when tonight he IM's me and tells me that he got a place with these 2 other guys and that we arent gonna be living together afterall. While this may seem trival, and it probably is, this is the third time i've gotten screwed over in rooming, and I liked having the security of knowing it. To me, this was like a "[censored] you." He and hang out all the time, and id venture to say that all of our friends thought we were a shoe in to live together. Now this, and I feel terrible. I dont really like the school anymore, and I really only kept going cause its a good school and he and i had a lot of fun together and such, and I was looking foward. Now this, and I feel like crap.
So I ask, OOT, whats my play here? I get depressed when I leave home and am homesick most of the year, but I like it here too sometimes. And now this, a slap in the face, and were do I stand?

P.S. THis is probably borderline [censoring] material, so if it happens, im ready, but I needed to clear my mind and ask for some advice.

ClassicBob
11-01-2005, 01:07 AM
I don't think it's a great idea to be roommates with your best buddy in college, but maybe that's just me. I know I'm not as good as a friend with one of my roommates as I was when we first started living together. Flaws tend to become magnified.

Also, stop being such a nancy.

Joshssj4
11-01-2005, 01:13 AM
If someone would do that to you, I don't think he's a friend at all, or at least not as good as friend as you imagine. Personally, I would never do that to a close friend of mine, you look after yourself and the friends around you, not just yourself.

11-01-2005, 01:18 AM
Apparently, you two aren't as good friends as you thought.

This will blow over, and you'll get over it. In a year, you'll hardly even remember it.

jaydub
11-01-2005, 01:19 AM
your friend is a dick

you are being a nancy as has been already mentioned

yes it is often bad to live with close friends

you sound unhappy and lonely and should get out and meet more people

EMcWilliams
11-01-2005, 01:26 AM
I can openly admit to being a nancy...wont deny it. The more I think about it the less of a deal it is just at the time it was kinda a crushing blow. I've had some serious roommate issues and this was just kinda another bad blow..