PDA

View Full Version : 4x Made Easy

A_Junglen
11-01-2005, 01:02 AM
First post on the Stock Market page, I'm not sure if this post belongs here, but it seems like the best spot.

Basically my friend told me about the "4x made easy" and I just did a google search. Sorta looked like a scam. Does anybody have any experience or any comments about it? Thanks

PokerParrot
11-01-2005, 02:04 AM
Just stop and think about it for a second.

Sniper
11-01-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically my friend told me about the "4x made easy" and I just did a google search. Sorta looked like a scam. Does anybody have any experience or any comments about it? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a "scam"... but their software is expensive, and forex trading is not easy, it is highly risky!

4xMadeEasy Video (http://www.4xmadeeasy.com/SUPPORT/4X_384.wmv)

TStoneMBD
11-01-2005, 11:11 AM
its not a scam. its probably the best forex software out there for public use. however, the pricing of the product is so great that you need to be investing with extremely large scale dollars to make up for the money you've invested in this product. 4madeeasy often markets its program to the financially illiterate because if you understood numbers youd realize that 4xmadeeasy does not increase your ROI or value of time enough for it to be a good investment for most people. as a result, alot of financially illiterate people purchase the program thinking it will get them rich quick when thats of course not the case. im pretty sure you can get a cracked version of the software if you look hard enough and choose to go that route. i dont have it and i dont know where to find it.

11-01-2005, 12:34 PM
No, it's a scam. And a terrible one at that, because people who buy the software not only shell out the money to buy it, they also start making -EV gambles with money that should be in much safer investments.

If this software really worked, why wouldn't whoever wrote it start a hedge fund, or just sit back and make giant trades all by himself, instead of going to all the trouble of marketing it and sponsoring seminars and infomercials about it?

TStoneMBD
11-01-2005, 04:18 PM
from my understanding 4xmadeeasy is really just a very simple way of trading on the market. its good software and they setup all the news reports for you to view easily. they have automated functions that allow you to buy when a currency reaches a specified price and they have functions that allow you to sell when a currency reaches a specified price. you can wake up in the morning, read the reports and tell the software you want to buy USD/EUR when it reaches X and you want to sell your shares of AUS/JPN when it reaches Y.

its really not going to increase your ev in the forex market, its just going to save you alot of time rather than having to sit in front of your computer all day waiting for the currency to reach a certain price before you buy or sell. im sure there are alot of other functions that are very useful as well.

mcb
11-01-2005, 05:27 PM
you do know you can do all of the stuff you listed with any of the forex brokers on the internet right? you can set stops, limits, trailing stops and others with every broker and they don't charge $4k for it.

it's also not as easy as waking up and reading the reports and looking for the arows to turn green. the only thing this program seems to guarantee is that you will blow up your account using it.

reminds me of the programs spammed in the party chat. if so much money could be made with the program the developers should simply keep it to themselves, make 100mil unit trades and let the money pour on in.

edit: aviva is right

Dan Mezick
11-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Trading the 4X mini is alot like placing bets in the "bucket shops" of old. Illegal bucket shops allowed the placing of small bets on the fluctuation of typically thin-traded but listed securities. All you needed was 10% down to place a bet. If it dropped 10% you lost your entire bet because they closed out your trade FOR YOU at that point, cleaning out your trade. Hmmm...interesting rule. Any parallel in modern Forex mini trading?

Often the bucket shop would collect alot of bets on say, the long side of a security. Often they would TOUT a specific bet.

Then later they would SHORT the living snot out of the ACTUAL security on the REAL exchange to clean out all those trades.

Forex mini is alot like that-- the modern equivalent of the old bucket shop.

Bucket Shop defined (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket_shop)

Sniper
11-02-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if so much money could be made with the program the developers should simply keep it to themselves, make 100mil unit trades and let the money pour on in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully, this is not how the world works, or 2+2 would not exist!!!

11-02-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thankfully, this is not how the world works, or 2+2 would not exist!!!

[/ QUOTE ] So, using 2+2 is a positive-sum game for a most people. People can post hands and get feedback on how best to play them, and the people who write the advice get experience in thinking clearly about hands, as well as getting feedback on their advice. The negative effects of teaching others how to play better are small in comparison to the improvement it gives each individual who participates.

In contrast, there's no reason to share a program that can actually make money trading. If you don't share, you can just let the program trade for you and go retire in Aruba. If you do, you have to package and market it (and buying big blocks of time for infomercials can't be cheap). Then when 1000's of people are using it, the profit margins will get squeezed so that nobody makes much money after considering broker fees and bid/ask spreads.

Of course, if the program doesn't really work, it's a pretty easy decision about whether to share it or not...